Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Unofficial Arcanum Patch (Original Thread)

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
I'm keeping the feature in the UAP.

I've been testing it and it's really amazing - even random people in a tavern and guards around a town have unique ages. Looks like they've spent a lot of time to put all these unique ages in the game, and it makes me sad that it all got butchered in the end.

And now you have another reason to learn Divination magick and its Read Aura spell.

Lain_13

Novice
Hello, I'm new there, but not new in Arcanum. Before I found your patch I play in russian version with russian-community patch but I think original game with your patches (UAP, EP and 1024) much better. I download and install previous version of your patch, begin the game and reach Tarant (big part of T. sewers too). When I install this patch (EP and 1024 I update too) I get strange problem with little part of Tarant sewers. When I try to come there trough door in small house in the bottom-right corner of city game begin to load something (clock appear) and stay in load state forever (I try to wait 5 minutes). When I try to reach this point through sewers -- game begin to slowing down before this point and when screen near this point clocks appear and try to load something with same result, but I can move screen back.
Is this bug of this version of patch and I just post savegame here and you try to do something with this problem or I should try to make a new character and test this place on them?

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Ah, I see, turns out I was wrong about compatibility of 080708 and 080823 versions. A sector in the old sewers was updated in 080823, but it didn't cause a hang-up with my testing character, so I thought it's OK. Turns out it causes problems on some saves.

I can't help you with this, since it's a compatibility issue. You can reinstall 080708, ignore the place, or start a new game.

P.S. Testing compatibility issues isn't my priority. The gane may work OK with a save from an older version, but it's still recommended that you start a new game. Each version of the UAP has many fixes, and it's pretty much guaranteed that some of them won't work with an old save, or worse - may cause hang-ups,

Slabo

Novice
hey drog, do you intend to launch uap's new version anytime soon?
i'm looking into starting a new game and may wait if that's the case

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
No, I don't plan on releasing a new version any time soon. It will take at least a month or so to collect and fix enough bugs.

Lain_13

Novice
Thanks, I just ignore this place, all other works good for me. In any case your patch for Arcanum much better then anything I seen before. Just only one removing mirroring of sprites owns all other unofficial patches. Thanks for your work.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Kavax said:
I am already finishing an Arcanum playthrough and I noticed a strange thing... is Arronax really meant to have 55 points unspent?
That was fixed in the first version of the UAP, along with his race (several characters in the Void had wrong stats, Arronax was a human for whatever reason).

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Drog Black Tooth said:
Drog Black Tooth said:
Mor said:
Another was Jormund putting up. He sank to -300 disposition after I butchered Stillwater, but never left me.
I'll have to do some testing to be sure on what's causing that.
Can't seem to reproduce the problem with another character. Can't tell what caused the glitch on your save. Jormund leaves the party and becomes hostile if I attack him (unless I have CH20, of course).
Finally found out what's happening. The line asking him to rejoin the group (when waiting) was bugged, he was rejoining you as a 'free follower', ignoring CH limits. And since free followers ignore CH, they never attack you back, even with low or negative reaction.

zhab

Novice
Level cap?

Hey Drog, I have been following the patch for a couple of months now, but I forgot (and didn't feel like digging through the whole thread) if you removed the level cap on the patch. I used to play Arcanum with a patch that removed the level 50 cap and brought it to 126 (with indefinite exp so that followers could level up). Is this included in the patch or the extra pack? If not, could it be implemented in the extra pack?

Thanks again for all your efforts!

MetalCraze

Arcane
There is a link to a cap remover on the first pages of this thread, so good luck finding it. Works fine with UAP btw.

Lain_13

Novice
Is it work with extrapack and 1024x768 edition? As I know this patch change executable file.

...lol, I check first 10 pages and don't find this patch...

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
The level cap will never be removed, since it's idiotic. But it's possible to patch my .exes. IIRC you need to change only 4 offsets. You may use the patcher, as well.

Happy now? Please don't discuss it in this thread anymore.

Lain_13

Novice
Removing levelcap really stupid thing, I know it. But fix for followers, which allow them to rise levels after you reach top level -- isn't so stupid. Or I'm wrong?
Or you already fix it and I just miss it in fix-list, so I check this list again...

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Once you reach level 50 you still continue to get xp, and your followers continue to level up until they hit 50.

Lain_13

Novice
Oh! I'm forget, bug with followers fixed in official patch through fictive level 51, you can't reach em, but still get exp, right. So, I just remember times, when I play in vanilla Arcanum without patch 1.7.0.4 (it was 1.6... or something). Sorry about this.

Ogresmash

Novice
I am not sure if this is a bug or if this has happened to me before, but in Black Root, Mrs. Cameron is invisible. I know where she is because there seems to be some sort of signal eminating from her, but when I highlight her hex, nothing happens when I click to talk to her.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Ogresmash said:
I am not sure if this is a bug or if this has happened to me before, but in Black Root, Mrs. Cameron is invisible. I know where she is because there seems to be some sort of signal eminating from her, but when I highlight her hex, nothing happens when I click to talk to her.
Are you sure she isn't sleeping in her bed?

There was a strange problem reported a while ago. It was reported that Mrs. Cameron got stuck in a wall. There's a chance that there may be a problem with waypoints, so she gets stuck in some rare cases.

This has never happened to me, though. Try waiting a few days, and if she doesn't return to normal, then feel free to take a screenshot/upload the save.

Icarian

Novice
Ogresmash said:

I have same(?) issue. You need to click her twice in order to initiate dialog.

Ogresmash

Novice
Are you sure she isn't sleeping in her bed?

There was a strange problem reported a while ago. It was reported that Mrs. Cameron got stuck in a wall. There's a chance that there may be a problem with waypoints, so she gets stuck in some rare cases.

This has never happened to me, though. Try waiting a few days, and if she doesn't return to normal, then feel free to take a screenshot/upload the save.

Now that you mention it, she is sleeping in her bed, I can actually see her there. What others have said in the same situation is that she is stuck in bed, and that the same thing can happen to someone from the wheel clan.

I also tried various methods of getting her attention like attacking, and she does then appear, but this obviously defeats the purpose.

Either way, I just keep waiting and checking at every possible hour, and she continues to be stuck. I'll upload a save. What means do I use to send the save to you? There doesnt appear to be any sort of option to within the forums.

I have same(?) issue. You need to click her twice in order to initiate dialog.

Hmm, I think your issue might be different, clicking twice doesnt do anything, but thanks for the idea.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Yes, there was a problem with Thrayne Iron Heart from the Wheel Clan, he was never waking up, and it was fixed. Mrs Cameron, however, doesn't seem to have such a problem. It has never happened to me, and I've just checked it and she wakes up in the morning with out any problems. So, I'm not sure what's happening on your side.

Feel free to upload the save.

Lain_13

Novice
When I play as rogue I can't understand why big part of NPCs who have closed doors or chests don't have keys for it? How they open doors and trade stuff? OK, for trading they don't need it by game design, but for doors...
Is my skills too low or they really don't have a key?

p.s. When I play as rogue using my mage, lol.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
To Ogresmash
Yes, she doesn't wake up on your save, but I can't figure out what's causing that. Her day and night standpoints seem to be correct, I even tried resetting them, but it doesn't help. Looks like a rare glitch to me. BTW, did you enter Black Root at night the first time, by any chance?

To Lain_13
When an object is locked it's still accessible to NPCs unless 'always locked' flag is set.

Alguem

Novice
An issue with Jared, the guard from Vermillion station. In one of the two series of answers, he doesn't take the letter.

He does on
2;16;21;26;31
and doesn't on
2;17;211;26;31.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom