Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Corpse Crew Alpha Version 0.4A (Want your input)

sheek

Arbiter
Tell us about what games you've so successfully developed, "Apoc Tao".

Bluegrazz

Novice
I am actually really disappointed. I too think it seems awful weird that the developer has been talking about how awesome everything looks but has failed to take 1 post able screenshot before "erasing everything and starting over."

He already said he was aiming for an "iphone" type release as well as the P.C. so I think nobody was overly interested in seeing Uber GraphX but rather wanting to see this concept done at all.

I have been waiting for this game forever- I have thought about this concept since forever and have a plethora of awesome ideals on how to add infinite re playability and a really "survive the zombie invasion" game without needing a linear story (or "story" at all) and yet being able to make your own story if you will.

Anyhow, I have been lurking this thread for awhile and wanted to gauge the "possibility" that this was real before I contacted the OP with my ideals- I have been waiting and hoping and wanting to believe...

I DO think the OP is Trolling here and do not think its the same person who developed those C-64 games.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
I did some work on the title screen and some game manager code to sit on top of the entire thing.

Story is out of this world. Excellent idea I came up with.

Spoiler : Cross between Silent Hill, The Regulators and Night of the Living Dead. Not your standard zombie fare at all.

The basic mechanics are all there, but have a lot of interiors to do. Still figuring out way to randomly structure gameplay to a greater degree.

@ Trash & asper: thanks for the links, downloaded the games, will check them one day.
As for the grimoire beta, where can I get it? Googled it, but I only find related topics or unrelated stuff. Does anyone have a direct link? I'm genuinely curious now.

Apoc_Tao

Novice
Bluegrazz said:
I DO think the OP is Trolling here and do not think its the same person who developed those C-64 games.

Well, taking a better look at this thread I think you might have a point there. The Cleve I remember about would never make such a joke of himself (*consciously*, I mean :lol:). He took himself and his games very seriously. Way too seriously, in the matter of fact. Anyone looking for proof of that should check out his herculean bout with Sol Invictus, which eventually ended up with him threatening to sue the codex for slander.

It would be very funny if the real Cleve turned out to be locked up in an institution or even dead. It's quite an absurd theory, but this Cleve could indeed be a troll. Did any of you actually got tangible proof of his identity? As mentioned in this thread, both the blog and the grimoire website(if that joke should actually be called a website) are very recent and very poorly done, even by Cleve's standards, and the vault pictures could easily be hijacked from a random survivalist forum. His writing is also not as witty and verbose as it was years ago. Not that Cleve's writing was ever worthy of memory, but it seemed he tried hard, at least.

Has anyone even bothered to check his IP? Not that it would prove anything, but if this guy is posting from mexico we can rule out any notion of authenticity. I also wonder if this version of Cleve is capable of commenting his work at Sir-Tech... did the subject ever came up?

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Apoc_Tao said:
Anyone looking for proof of that should check out his herculean bout with Sol Invictus, which eventually ended up with him threatening to sue the codex for slander.

Care to share the link to this herculean bout?

xuerebx

Erudite
I think this is indeed the real Cleve. I recall some suggesting that the blog writer could not be Cleve since he would never use a pseudonym, however Cleve has been using the Texas Arcane moniker as far back as 2000:

http://teamjihad.50megs.com/tplan.htm

And here's Cleve again as Texas Arcane describing his malady in an Asperger's forum in very familiar terms:

I'm Texas Arcane.

Was clinically diagnosed three years ago. Everything but social skills runs at above par.

I don't think I'm a natural, rather like Wolverine in X-men. I think I was manufactured by a chemical accident with sodium lye when I was 18 months old and drank some Drano left out in a Coca-Cola bottle. Like Wolverine, though, I'm still an X-man irregardless.

Married with two children to a neurotypical. Learned to fake it so well over the years was very good at passing for a neurotypical except a few eccentricities that would surface despite my best efforts. Still managed to hold down jobs in IT over the years and keep food on the table. I honestly thought I was from another planet until a few short years ago - all my life I often experienced the "aspie" panic around the clock that others would discover I was only faking being human. Always scared people would point to me suddenly and do that Donald Sutherland Invasion of the Body Snatchers thing with the howling.

Out of the blue in 1997 I turned into an underground tunneling machine and built a gigantic subterranean fortress here in Australia for fear of changes occurring in the world. At the time I felt I was the only person who could see them but lately I've got more company. Usually passions like this would have burned out a while back but continue my shelter building with great gusto after briefs rests now and then. Always adding to my systems and coming up with new twists for things.

As I entered middle age I think a lot of my symptoms began to self-regulate and I believe I have grown much better naturally without any intervention of any kind. I tend to be far more empathic with others than when I was younger and even a bit more so lately, whether neurotypicals or anybody else. I am not as angry as I was when younger and also seem to manage this much better as well.

Never been on any medication, even my depression was always pretty well managed relatively speaking. It was truly black at times but I always kept a poker face irregardless. I think my children have been an enormous comfort to me and given me a sense of purpose I may have lacked.

wrathofdog

Scholar
Marquis de Retardot said:
And here's Cleve again as Texas Arcane describing his malady in an Asperger's forum in very familiar terms:

I'm Texas Arcane.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore said:
First of all, there's only one kind of person in the world who uses a fake name on an internet forum and that's a stone cold faggot. That's you. Don't get us confused.

:lol:

Wait, now I'm thinking of someone else who famously stated that RPGCodex is for fags. Do you guys think...?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Teh funny.

But chances are, Cleve made more than you by far - a giant bunker, his great ancient programs, lots of neat tinkering with computer parts, two children, and a lot of attention.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Bluegrazz said:
I have been waiting for this game forever- I have thought about this concept since forever and have a plethora of awesome ideals on how to add infinite re playability and a really "survive the zombie invasion" game without needing a linear story (or "story" at all) and yet being able to make your own story if you will.

Anyhow, I have been lurking this thread for awhile and wanted to gauge the "possibility" that this was real before I contacted the OP with my ideals- I have been waiting and hoping and wanting to believe...

You have much to learn, young padawan.

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
MySpace.com - Sol Invictus - 18 - Male - CLEVELAND, OHIO

Sol Invictus's Blurbs
About me:
Terrence A. Banks II. Remember my name, its going to be important later. I'm 16 years old, from cleveland Ohio. Looking for a job, just finishing up wrestling season. I'm a pretty nice guy, there are very few people i don't like. I'm the type of person that'll give you my last dollar if I think you need it more than me. I like to play video games and read, but I don't have a lot of time to do that stuff anymore. I HATE school, but I do pretty decent there. I'm also probably one of the strongest 16 year olds you know. I'm in love with the most beautiful girl in the world, and nothing could ever change that.

l_ece91b8720dde5789ea54471abcf0b07.jpg

405998846_l.jpg

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
I opened a plug in one of my asset folders and all these incredible post-apocalyptic textures I got maybe 4-5 years ago came pouring out. Awesome, awesome stuff I paid money for at the time. Began dropping it into the levels and before I knew it, "Corpse Crew" (always a working title before I reveal the real title someday) started looking incredibly Falloutish.

Seriously.

Imagine PENUMBRA OVERTURE crashing into FALLOUT 3 and then striking a huge building packed with LEFT4DEAD. That's what I'm seeing emerge.

Tried putting cookie projectors on the retro monitor hardware and the result was amazing.

Zombies in exteriors using low poly stuff from 3DRT, interiors using custom zombies with nearly 3X as many polygons for encounters inside of buildings.

Screenshots ... coming ... soon. A teaser screenshot will be up end of next week.

Not quite cutting edge graphics, but guaranteed to run on any hardware and look at least as good as Quake 4 or better.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Imagine PENUMBRA OVERTURE crashing into FALLOUT 3 and then striking a huge building packed with LEFT4DEAD. That's what I'm seeing emerge.
Three headed dick mutant spurting shit everywhere?

MisterStone

Arcane
I'm not imagining shit. Screenshots or GTFO already.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom