Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play Hearts of Iron 2 (Preparing for D-Day in Asia)

sheek

Arbiter
Is this still going ahead?

Cassidy

Arcane
I've updated Armageddon to the 1.3b patch, got a decent image converter and decided to give a second try on this, and I'd have to anyway because of save game incompatibility, and this is likely one of the last games I'll play in Hearts of Iron 2 without Mod 33 and DAIM. Thus, by the powers of necromancy:

reset-button.jpg

The Ministry of Science came first, and to win a war, two things were important: to have firearms and heavy firepower that isn't as shit as the spears the nig... brave Ethiopian freedom fighters use, and mass assaults to break the enemy and attack first because the Soviets did them and they won the war in the eastern front, and unless the enemy can be outnumbered, the firepower will be critical to win the war. What Enemy at the Gates claimed on their tactics is totally accurate. Of course, the Polish won't be as dumb, no, no jokes about Polish being dumb will ever come again, once the folkloric tales of the thread necromancer become truth as by enslaving nations with necromancy, Poland shall rule the world. Or maybe not.

The investment in replacing the obsolete guns from the large Polish Army was challenging. There were two choices: to keep a legion of obsolete World War One forces without modernization to start expanding the army right away, or to spend astronomical investments by the glorious Polish factories into modernizing them, to perhaps wait for the next year. Meanwhile as many divisions as possible were placed under the command of Logistics Wizards to reduce their expenses.

lphoi2002.jpg

In this 1st of September, two political decisions were made. Poland joined the old Entente because of the growing red and black menaces, and some laws restricting business were lifted, leading to small criticisms that now a failure of the free market could happen.

lphoi2006.jpg

It takes nearly a month for the first divisions to be fielded with up-to-date equipment, rather than with equipment that is twenty years old. And the massive time gap that was filled is going to make a significant difference, as this is the most significant modernization for any army. Unfortunately, there are still more than fifty divisions to be modernized. Some suggested the disbanding of the air force, but explanations over the usefulness of tactical bombers to turn the tides of land battles and over the importance of trying to have at least some air superiority were given. Of course, nobody expected the Germans would be so dumb that they would send no aircraft at all once the shit hits the fan, and thus in the end, not disbanding all these fighters could be pretty much described as an Epic Fail.

Luck was on the side of Poland. Britain influence professionalized its armies and pushed the government to lift even more economical controls, which in turn made the modernization of the armed forces somewhat cheaper. If the predictions could be trusted, in 1939 most infantry divisions would be up-to-date, at least until the Germans came with even more modern divisions.

The Fascist and Nazi parties were outlawed, while communist parties were kept when extremists suggested for them to be banned. For some reason nobody understands, this transformed the government of Poland in a classical liberal democracy. Or a Market Liberal, meaning that a failure of the free market was now imminent.

The predictions were correct, and knowing that everything would get bad in September, most of the production was shifted to infantry divisions. The Allies were literally giving away their secrets to Poland. More than twenty blueprints were given for free, to the point suspicions were raised on why. Rumors on the discovery of a Bohemian Grove mass orgy involving Jew masons, the presidents of France, United States and the Prime Minister of Britain by Ignacy being the reason behind it roared, but they were dismissed as "conspiracy theories". On other matters, after tough negotiations Poland secured a trade of bananas and chicken fry from the Soviets, for even if Danzig was lost, they still had a direct border with them, and thus such imports wouldn't be affected.

The Engineering colleges of Poland were kicking in. Liberal Arts and Philosophy don't win wars, and thus many Liberal Arts and Philosophy colleges were closed. As a consequence, now engineering brigades would become commonplace in the next three years, if Poland lasts three years.

lphoi2011.jpg

In 15th of March, like WhiskeyWolf expected, Czechoslovakia still wouldn't have the balls to defy the Nazi madness and ambition, specially as they were doomed already for having accepted to give Sudetenland, and thus turned around and folded to the Germans. The annexation came right away.

180px-Prague_1939_occupation.jpg

The battle of Czechoslovakia was over without a fight.

The battle of Poland is about to begin.

When Poland refused to fold to the Germans, something strange happened, the people spontaneously held a magically fast election and voted on the moderate left-wing opposition. Some claim it was a minor failure of the free market, others that the outlawing of fascist parties and the decriminalization of radical communist parties had something to do with it.

It was good, because the leftists had a far more competent base of ministers for the needs of the war that was just coming. The new Chief of Staff would ensure that all forces would reorganize significantly faster, and such advantage could prove itself as critical in the days to come, way more useful than what the now fired Rydz-Śmigły could do.

Operation Failure of the Free Market Garden

Oppeln was a relatively weak point, a three-pronged attack would happen before the Germans even ordered their forces to attack against it to gain time, but such was only a diversionary offensive. As WhiskeyWolf informed them that the Soviets won much of the war in the European Front, the Polish Generals were convinced they should try to emulate Soviet tactics. Somewhere a facepalm was given about it. Maybe the shift to leftism in Polish society was getting way too far.

Except that in Konigsberg, a strategic focal point, or as the Germans call, Schwerpunkt, was sought. It would be Poland best and only hope for survival.

lphoi2016.jpg

"Welcome to the city of Konigsberg, you are about to begin the greatest moment of your life. The Germans think we will wait in trenches, that we lack the courage to defeat them. Our nation, our great country, has given us the task to not let the enemy reach Warsaw, and to conquer the city of Konigsberg!

Forward against the Enemy! Up into the unremitting battle! For Warsaw! For our great country! Not one step back! Cowards and traitors will be shot! Do not count days, do not count miles, count only the number of Germans you have killed! Kill the German! This is your mother's prayer! Kill the German! This is the cry of your Polish earth!

Death to the German invader!"

enemy-at-the-gates-800.jpg

The Nazis were totally stunned when at midnight, almost one million of Poland soldiers began a massive assault against the German most vital position in East Prussia. Infantry, Militias, five Cavalry divisions and even a group of old light tanks advanced towards the city in what would become one of the greatest battles of the Second World War.

polryt01.gif

The Germans, in response immediately launched attacks against Danzig and Byg-whatever, to which the small forces stood little chance to resist once the daylight comes. Although nothing as glorious as withstanding for hours while outnumbered at forty-to-one happened so far, controlled retreats from Danzig an the province right to its south began as morning began.

Expecting the pilots to be too unexperience and attack Elbing instead of Konigsberg if ordered and interdiction strike against the region of East Prussia, and thinking WTF when he considered there was no way in the Polish Army bureaucracy to order an airstrike against an specific province, WhiskeyWolf sent it in support of the diversionary attack against Oppeln.

lphoi2017.jpg

In September 3rd, the Polish flag flew over the German city of Konigsberg, while the only tank division, supported by five cavalry divisions, were counter-attacked by enemy forces in Elbing and even by the starving but furious German troops in Memel. The battle has continued without stop for since the first day of September. The battle was so brutal that a weakened militia division was lost to a Mg44, a loss that was only noticed days after the battle ended, and that most generals consider irrelevant.

For almost an entire week, despite inferior technology, the Polish Home Army successfully defended Konigsberg, finishing a part of what was ironically called the "East Prussian Blitzkrieg". Polish bombers would soon land in the captured air bases, in preparation for finishing for once and all nine German divisions stuck in Memel, which were quickly forced into surrender after another grueling battle, which took nine German divisions out of action, including one of the feared Panzer divisions. The former Lithuanian province of Memel was now under Polish Control. The Lithuanians state nothing, although should things go in favor of Poland, it was likely they would try some diplomatic accords to get it back to them, if the Soviets don''t annex them first.

250px-Polish_Flag_Monte_Cassino2.jpg

The Northern front of the war, for the first week of the Second World War, has been featured by a decisive Polish victory in the provinces of Konigsberg and Memel, turning part of the tide of the war in Poland's favor. Unfortunately the soldiers in Torun couldn't resist the major German attack in "revenge" for such terrible humiliation that was the loss more than half of East Prussia, but now the German troops in Elbing, tired, are about to face the renewed, quickly reorganizing Twenty-four divisions in Konigsberg that are being coordinated through the Polish mobile H.Q..

Thus, the most important early battle in northern section front of the Polish colossal struggle for its sovereignty has been successful, and on overall, a breakthrough through the north isn't what the Germans will probably attempt, considering their crippling defeats in such front.

If only the same could be said about the other parts of the front...

lphoi2018.jpg

------

PS: When I mentioned I can't mentioned a regular pace of updates, I was serious about it. But now This is to going to either the bitter or miraculously good end.

Also, now I remembered how I got a +20% Org Regain minister when I played Poland in a mostly historical manner(other than joining the Allies earlier) in the 1936 scenario.

Anyway, what should I do? Currently all IC is going into reinforcements because I want to keep those two TACs as good as possible. I researched Strafing to get 100% eff. in Interdiction and it was quite useful to reduce the Org. losses during the attack against Memel and the diversionary strike against Oppeln.

The greatest mistakes in my previous play was to build an extra HQ instead of additional divs, and to not place enough divs in Torun to prevent a counter-attack, although I have to say that the 1.3 b patch gave a small boost to the number of decent military leaders Poland gets. Anyway, I'll try to make this epic whether Poland wins or not.

Nobody will joke on the Polish cavalry attacking Tanks, once their "horses" get helices and "death from above" written in Polish stamped on their nose. My goal is to get that far, but it'll be very tough.

As for not disbanding/selling the Air Force interceptors, I had a faint hope that the "AI Upgrade" with this new patch would include Germany using properly air units once the blitzkrieg started. Guess I was wrong. I'm not crazy/veteran enough in this game to try Poland in 1398 scenario with DAIM though, and I doubt it would change the fact Germany AI never builds air bases in Oppeln and other potential launch sites for covering all Poland's air space.

sheek

Arbiter
What I would have done:

-would have built two fewer factories, you only need 40 IC for the tech teams (the 3rd which you lost immediately when the war started as expected), anything more is throwing resources away.
-scrapped all but maybe two cavalry.
-scrapped the airforce
-exchanged these units for supplies so you could overspend on IC (more than sustainable for a while, must be worth at least an extra division)
-built at least 5 tanks
-built a few fortresses along rivers further from the border to fall back on, level 2 fort probably enough
-I would have mixed militia/infantry corps (brigade heavy militia divisions for the anti-air, artillery etc roles)
-engineer brigades are useless to you
-did you build any anti-tank brigades?

Your situation:

I think you will soon be fucked manpower wise if you continue your strategy.

Taking Konigsberg and Memel was a good idea

Pull back to Konigsberg-Lomza-Warsaw-Lublin-[province east of Cracow] line. Germans would only be able to attack 2-on-1 any province.

Don't attack.

Keep forces in reserve behind that line, mainly your armor + cavalry to counter-attack if any of these provinces are lost, play "ping-pong" and hope you kill more Germans than they kill of you.

Put about 8 divisions into each of these 6 provinces to hold and 12 remaining in reserve.

Maximize reinforcements for as long as there is manpower. When you get the '39 infantry tech, split half into upgrades (but disable upgrading for all other units).

Whenever you get the updated militia unit (is it '36 or '39) consider building a few of them to free up reserves instead of regular infantry (only half the manpower cost).

Then maybe you'll have a 10% chance of surviving until May 1940.

sheek

Arbiter
Actually, try to get back Elbing if your forces nearby have the organization for it.

Dual attack from Torun and Konigsberg

Move your fleeing forces in the west to Torun and Warsaw.

Manually force retreat from any province that is attacked west of Lomza-Zamosk-Przemyl.

So you'll have a short six province front, Zamosc and Warsaw can only be attacked from one direction, and you have rivers defending all but one province (the southern most).

For this strategy I'm assuming you have decent manpower growth, I don't know what Poland gets. If it's too low try to get the security and army ministers who give you +25% manpower growth.

Anyway a mobile/offensive war like you're doing is bound to lose. You don't have armor or the numbers, and the whole German doctrine is based on movement. They can surround your forces far more easily than you can theirs. If you can bog down the Germans it is the best way to reduce their advantage.

What about allies? I would have avoided the useless alliance with the Allies and tried to get Yugoslavia on my side instead.

You should be using your bombers to reduce the German supply efficiencies ("logistical strike"?).

You should combine this with having stockpiled supplies so you can put all your key forces on "offensive" mode every month, which is much better than the reorganization bonus minister.

540 supplies one week into the war, you must be trying to commit suicide...

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Well, his supplies are already pretty much fucked and manpower is looking bad aswell.There is little point in static defence either since allies most likely won't do anything for ages and Germany will wear him down, unless the AI freezes. Though your plan is otherwise sound. If there's an opening, mad dash to capture Berlin would cripple the AI, since Germany would loose all their resource and supply stockpiles -> IC would grind to halt without rares and no more blitzkrieg without oil.

sheek

Arbiter
Completely impossible. First of all, loss of reserves will only affect your enemy for a day or maybe a few days at most. The rest of the German provinces still produce the same resources which will be automatically redirected to his new capital. The supplies lost will be made back in one day of the German AI spending 90% of IC. Germany can still trade with the whole world through Italy and neutral E Europe.

There is just no way for Poland to invade Germany unless you had the full 3 years to prepare and did the right things back then.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
If you join the Allies before the war breaks out, you have a couple of cheesy options as Poland.

One is to take military control of the minor Allied countries. You can control countries with less IC than you, which means you can get the armies from Canada, Australia, Iraq, and other Commonwealth countries. Use the Canadian and Australian transport fleets to ferry these troops to Poland, and you can tip the balance against the Germans.

Another option is to use the Allied transports to ferry your troops to Latin America, and invade Mexico or some other country, That way you won't be eliminated from the game even if Poland itself is occupied by the Nazis.

Spectacle said:
If you join the Allies before the war breaks out, you have a couple of cheesy options as Poland.

One is to take military control of the minor Allied countries. You can control countries with less IC than you, which means you can get the armies from Canada, Australia, Iraq, and other Commonwealth countries. Use the Canadian and Australian transport fleets to ferry these troops to Poland, and you can tip the balance against the Germans.

Another option is to use the Allied transports to ferry your troops to Latin America, and invade Mexico or some other country, That way you won't be eliminated from the game even if Poland itself is occupied by the Nazis.

Can you use the Australian forces to successfully invade Turkey, through Anzac cove? We'd still have been pretty sore about that one when WW2 came around.

sheek

Arbiter
Spectacle said:

How?

If you lose all your national provinces you will be annexed. You can't gain new national provinces except by event.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
There not enough oil or rares produced in Germany for what their industry needs. It cannot trade for all of them efficiently when the war breaks out. That is not usually a problem because there is a huge stockpile which accumulated between 36-39. But if you take that away... and even if they do get trades with S.America and USSR for the rares, they can pretty much trade only money or supplies which again weakens their military machine.

But yes, Poland is pretty much fucked.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
sheek said:
If you lose all your national provinces you will be annexed. You can't gain new national provinces except by event.

You get annexed if you lose your capital and all provinces with a victory point value, national provinces have nothing to do with it.

sheek

Arbiter
If you want you can put it that way, but you can only have your capital in one of your national provinces.

So it comes to exactly the same thing...

kris

Arcane
I HOI3 you will be able to continue fighting on after having been defeated by Germany if you joined the allies.

Cassidy

Arcane
kris said:
I HOI3 you will be able to continue fighting on after having been defeated by Germany if you joined the allies.

That would be interesting if HOI3 was a Real-time Tactical Game or FPS. Playing a minor role in a grand strategy game without any industrial base to rebuild from rarely is fun.

-------

With Konigsberg secured, it was time to achieve the next major victory in the north, and secure the necessary area for the eventual liberation of all the provinces to the east of the Vistula, which was now the most critical strategic objective to secure Poland's future, however that was only part of everything that had to be achieved.

lphoi2septemberends001.jpg

There was way more done to increase the Polish chances than what General WhiskeyWolf has been doing. Few knew it, but a secondary expedition was sent in 1930 to meet with Adolf Hitler himself. They didn't kill him because then Soviet Union would invade Poland with no remorse of fear anyway, and send ridiculous twin-barreled tanks rushing and mind control devices, but that is something to be discussed another time, what matters is that they laced Hitler's beer in the Bierhaus Putsch with unfiltered Dumbfuckery and with the seeds of Retardoland.

The consequences of such action would soon become visible, from lone divisions being sent to secure the areas Poland had decided to not defend passively, lone divisions that were massacred by the achivement of numerical superiority at areas of the front. In fact, the invaders seemed to be led by someone else. A Cloaked Figure which microcephalic head popped out of an old Panzer as it looked around the mess it created.

pzlsmallzq2.jpg

Poland air force achieved air parity in the north, and thus, the Battle for Elbing had major support from the small force of tactical bombers they had. It lasted for many days, but the victors of such battle were very clear. Who was winning the war was yet unclear, as the front was totally unstable, but who was winning most battles was still clear. And it was once again proved how engineers are awesome.

lphoi2septemberends002.jpg

The only battles Germany won were those the Polish High Command strategy wanted for them to win. Like in a game of checkers or chess, sometimes sacrificing pawns or ground could put the enemy at its throes. The only problem was that an enemy led by a dumbfuck had one advantage: it could not be predicted.

lphoi2septemberends003.jpg

Not even the infamous panzers could hold Elbing. The Polish flag would soon raise over all East Prussia, and Germany had yet to be taught a lesson, but first it's important to get a hang of the fact that on a grand strategical level, Poland remains doomed, in the long term. Despite all the opposition, the war would remain offensive. Plans were being made for a "meat grinder line", not a line in the common sense of the word, but a defense built with intentional weak points to lure the enemy where their flanks would be most vulnerable, and where large parts of them could be forced to surrender through careful minor encirclements.

lphoi2septemberends004.jpg

Even a single division can make a difference, by tying up a small amount of enemy forces, and winning a defensive battle, even outnumbered at 2:1, which may not be as epic as the Battle of Wizna, but winning the war comes first, epic battles come later.

The way the war was being managed at a strategic level drew a lot of tension. General WhiskeyWolf was clear on the orders: "Don't tie up our men defending a place as improper for launching a major offensive from as Warsaw. Let them race, let them come." It was then that he had a very heated discussion with the traditional Polish High Command, which thought that they could win the war by sitting on trenches. The shit hits the fan when the evacuation of Warsaw is ordered, as in the so called "Polish Corridor", German forces seem to not care to the fact they could be attacked from their flanks if they aren't careful.

dog.gif
: As you see, we will manage to encircle as many as seven divisions, panzergrenadiers and panzers included, if we proceed with this plan I have devised. It is a risk I know, but if we play safe and refuse to surprise the enemy, we will not win this war. We must form a mobile gauntlet from where we shall crush the advancing Jerries through their flanks, and allow us to amass better defensive lines. And we shall let them run the gauntlet until we destroy them, slowly, and surely.

Warning: Epic Fail ahead

Rydz-Śmigły was the first to disagree:

8245262cf2268ca8887ab3e981667dcf.png
: You speak this as enemy divisions approach Warsaw without any retaliation. I demand that we hurry to defend our city and man our defensive lines. We don't have many men ready to be trained as soldiers, and we can't sustain an attrition war or offensives as you suggest. Our enemies are better organized in their tactical doctrines, and better able to regain their morale during offensives.

And then a Polish major general too obscure that history has forgotten about him and he didn't even deserve a photograph. Andhayroski was his last name, but nobody cared.

EFG.jpg
: Yes, the Germans are drinking beer and eating sausages assured they are about to become victors as you boast your "revolutionary strategy" which already led half of our industries to be conquered by the enemy. I am starting to doubt of your capabilities and of your word, WhiskeyWolf.

lphoi2septemberends005.jpg

: Hitler is drinking menstrual blood and urine from his prepubescent nieces to celebrate the fall of Warsaw now. Look at what you did? You let our most important Industrial center fall to the enemy hands! We must act immediately or Poland will definitively be defeated. The damn commies are already mobilizing in the east to steamroll once they are sure the Germans will finish this.

dog.gif
: Let them drink piss and do whatever sordid pleasures these Nazi occultists have, because we have God and JarlFrank in our side, and they only have the devil, and as gentlemen, we should let their soldiers get used to the city where their prison will be built. While they gloat, while you discuss this I have already preemptively laid the next Operation.

: How will this operation be called? How will it be executed? What are the goals? You better explain now. I have been heard rumors that you may be a German spy pushing us to do stupid things.

EFG.jpg
: IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO AVOID A TOTALLY DEFENSIVE WAR IN POLAND 1 AND 2

dog.gif
: I must direct our front line men and inspire them to fight with courage and be ready to take more German lives than the Germans take of their friends. I'll let Lieutenant General Geralt show you how you have been mistaken

y46.png
: Look closer. This is the only armored division in Poland, led by Panzer General kingcomrade. Answer me: how could tanks that poorly designed and obsolete win the battle of Konigsberg and defend the city from a far greater number of attackers with nothing but cavalry divisions to support them?

633495988526210130-drive-me-closer.jpg

EFG.jpg
: Get to the point, don't waste our time or we will immediately ask for Ignacy to demote WhiskeyWolf to petty sergeant in the 0th Toilet Cleaners brigade.

y46.png
: Wait, haven't you seen the updates on the front?

lphoi2septemberends006.jpg

: Congratulations! You have just ensured the Germans will cut off the majority of our army from the supplies our provisional command in Krakow, which is currently completely undefended, so sooner or later we will have to run away in our cars as we are chased by Panzers, regardless of whether we would be in a toilet once they arrive or not. My coffee assistant was killed by a tank shell that hit the lorry he used to escape, and now I have been without coffee and tea for two days!

75_171498.jpg
: They took calculated risks. That is quite different from being rash.

y46.png
: You weren't supposed to be here. Anyway, that is the point, our risk was calculated, and even without supplies, there is a significant probability of 25% that our divisions in Torun will be able to stand against.

EFG.jpg
: And a 75% probability they won't.

lphoi2septemberends007.jpg

INTERLUDE

And thus another of the most decisive battles for Poland started. Even without supplies, the zergs, Poland soldiers in far greater numerical superiority and with utmost courage stood, as another dramatic battle has begun. Without fuel, tanks were drawn by the best breeds of Polish horses as armored artillery units, and without enough bullets, soon something would have to be made.

charge350.jpg

Using tar, anything that could be found, entire areas of the battlefield were obscured by smoke, as the wary Werhmacht soldiers weren't aware of what awaited them. Swords and bayonets began to slit throats and decapitate heads from the cover of smoke, while German rifles and grenades were looted from their bodies, as a massive ambush began by soldiers who had no longer enough ammunition. Taking the ammunitions from Nazis they killed, the counter-offensive part of the many Polish divisions in Torun was ready to secure it and restablish a supply line to the majority of the Home Army.

The Battle of Torun was won, avoiding the total defeat of Poland. Other minor and disordered counter-attacks occurred, failing and failing multiple times as the northern part of the intended line was secure, other than for Elbing.

-----

OPERATION KAISERIN

lphoi2septemberends009.jpg

y46.png
: Now WhiskeyWolf will initiate Operation Kaiserin, to cut off that sort of double entendre salient from Warsaw to Przemysl permanently from the rest of the Werhmacht body. Once Operation Kaiserin is finished, we shall make dynamic changes in our plans according to how our unpredictable enemies react.

: You are reckless! You risked Poland with this gambit! Are you crazy? Do you want to be assraped by the SS? Is that what you want? Because I don't want to end like that, and I didn't end that way because of luck. You are a lucky bastard, or your failure would be forever engraved in Poland's history, if Poland somehow survives this war.

lphoi2septemberends010.jpg

y46.png
: I didn't order for men that will be unable to defend Elbing by themselves to come to the defense of Elbing, as with almost forty divisions ready to counter-attack it from Torun and Konigsberg, we could easily turn it into a Verdun for the Germans and inflict five more casualties in each battle. Why are you refusing to collaborate with our grand plan? Can't you see that if Poland remains defensive, we will all be defeated sooner or later?

: You cannot do this? Do you goons think Poland is a test lab for your, ahem, modern warfare strategies? It is not and Elbing shall never be defeated. Those men will secure it definitively, and that will be the first step. Then the central and southern lines will be secured as well, and I will not let your operation Kaiserin risk ourselves by giving a loophole for the Jerries to attack through the rear.

y46.png
: Cutting off it is worth the risk of an attack by the rear, besides, you can't do much to stop an operation that is about to become successful. Our lone tank division will soon liberate Warsaw now, supported by our brave cavalry.

lphoi2septemberends011.jpg

: The risks of this operation you call Kaiserin will be far greater to us than any hurt it could do to our enemies. We should focus on the defensive immediately.

lphoi2septemberends012.jpg

y46.png
: Are you sure it won't hurt them? Regardless, now all we have to do is to take their balls off in this conflict so they start running rather than advancing. Now it is our time to celebrate. I have a very nice deck of playing cards, lets have a game?

: Definitively. Wait? That is a painting of my wife naked!

And thus, September was about to end, as Operation Kaiserin was a success, with no negative aftereffects. Meanwhile, more than half of the German forces have foolishly concentrated nearly entirely on the north, which was exactly what WhiskeyWolf was hoping to happen. Now, would Elbing become the next Passchendaele for the Germans, or the place where the tide would definitively turn against Poland despite of what the Germans were cut off from?

PS: itt, only FAIL will have oversized eyes and nose-less avatars.

Sovy Kurosei

Erudite
So what did you really do to ensure you won against Germany?

Edit:

Much liking this LP though. Props.

Cassidy

Arcane
Sovy Kurosei said:
So what did you really do to ensure you won against Germany?

Edit:

Much liking this LP though. Props.

Once the victor becomes 100% predictable, this Let's Play will lose most of its fun.

If Poland wins, I have many ideas, and I'm not thinking on doing a Polish Barbarossa, or any conquest at all. The "Polish Empire" thing actually ends very unfun, as I tried it once. I played a 1936 Poland after beating Germany, and other than Japan, there is not much happening, nor much to attack considering your neighbors are either allies or the Soviet Union(except for Italy which isn't worth the effort and if you plan well isn't much of a challenge either). The game became pretty boring after Germany lost the war, and Poland can't really do much to help against Japan, not that they would need to do much. Japan can't win a war when the Allies are focused on the Eastern Front without any ally other than puppet states, even if they managed to defeat China.

In truth... I'm trying to keep this game as epic as in the following thread:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/sho ... 1&t=383880

Sovy Kurosei

Erudite
Once the victor becomes 100% predictable, this Let's Play will lose most of its fun.

Can't you change countries midway through if the one you are playing gets too big to keep it fresh?

That thread is pretty interesting with the roleplay news reports. I'd read through it if I had the time.

Cassidy

Arcane
Sovy Kurosei said:
Can't you change countries midway through if the one you are playing gets too big to keep it fresh?

That thread is pretty interesting with the roleplay news reports. I'd read through it if I had the time.

Yes, but that's not what I intend to do if it gets to that point.

I'll only inform what I'd do in that case if Poland loses in this game. Or maybe then I'll switch sides and do it anyway.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom