Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate The Definitive Icewind Dale II Extended XP Table

1eyedking

Erudite
-> Download here <-

Code:
The Definitive IWD2 Extended XP Table v1.1
===============by 1eyedking===============

Extract the "Override" folder into the directory where you installed
Icewind Dale II (e.g.: C:\Program Files\Icewind Dale II).

This is a perfectly balanced extended XP table. It was crafted
by determining the multipliers for experience between each level
jump, across all of the experience point award table.

After said constants were calculated and other placeholder values
inferred, their distribution pattern was deduced and written into
a spreadsheet matrix, which even led to some minor corrections.

Through reverse engineering these multiplier constants in the
matrix were then used to divide the experience values starting
from the last level all the way to the first.

The result is an extended XP table that relies on factual evidence
for its extension rather than on arbitrary constants. Marvelous!

This version has been extended for level 30-40 parties. It won't
conflict with the game if your experience cap hasn't been removed.
I've also included the source in Excel spreadsheet format.

Wulfstand

Prophet
And there I was, thinking that this was a fix for the Windows XP SP 3 crashes... :(

1eyedking

Erudite
Emotional Vampire said:
Now if only there was a way to remove XP penalties.
What do you mean? Character Level Penalties for Drows, Svirfneblins, and the like, or "penalties" for tackling an encounter below your level?

Harold

Arcane
Bro, I'm ithching for a replay of IWD2 (never actually finished it, played it once, got to chapter 3, stopped playing for awhile then forgot about it) so i have a quick question:

Will this allow me to reach level 30 by the end of Heart of Fury without having to level-squat through a load of areas because of shit encounter-design by Sawyer?

Also: yes, fucking necromancy, whatever.

SkeleTony

Augur
Harold said:
Bro, I'm ithching for a replay of IWD2 (never actually finished it, played it once, got to chapter 3, stopped playing for awhile then forgot about it) so i have a quick question:

Will this allow me to reach level 30 by the end of Heart of Fury without having to level-squat through a load of areas because of shit encounter-design by Sawyer?

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't "heart of Fury" the expansion for IWD(the first one)? IWD2 did not have an expansion that I remember. Or am I confusing a similarly named expansion for IWD with a chapter from IWD2?

In any case I cannot play IWD2 because of the conflict with Nvidia cards or whatever...

SkeleTony

Augur
Zuikov said:
http://www.shsforums.net/topic/30840-ie-games-and-nvidia-series-8-video-cards/

Thanks for that. Now I guess I have to reinstall IWD2 and check this out.

1eyedking

Erudite
Harold said:

No, but I could make one for you:

+33% XP Bonus:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CDVT40FG

+50% XP Bonus:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CUHLYKS8

Pick whichever you like most. And fuck you, now I'm wanting to replay it too.

Also don't blame Sawyer for the experience rewards, blame shitty D&D 3rd edition mechanics. He did a fantastic job of putting together a lot of interesting and challenging encounters - he's a D&D junkie and it shows. IWD2 is definitely among the best RPGs I have had the pleasure of playing.

entertainer said:
file contains a virus, dont download
???

SkeleTony said:
Correct me if I am wrong but isn't "heart of Fury" the expansion for IWD(the first one)? IWD2 did not have an expansion that I remember. Or am I confusing a similarly named expansion for IWD with a chapter from IWD2?

In any case I cannot play IWD2 because of the conflict with Nvidia cards or whatever...
'Heart of Fury' is a special (harder) difficulty. Hardcore stuff. Once again we have Sawyer to thank for going beyond a dumb +200% damage bonus (as in the first Icewind Dale) and instead providing a major overhaul of monster stats.

'Heart of Winter' is what you meant, the expansion pack for the first Icewind Dale. Besides that you've got 'Trials of the Luremaster' which is a free quest pack for HoW.

Harold

Arcane
Thanks a bunch.
Yeah, I know Sawyer's a tabletop junkie, it just that the game has, as you said, some really nicely thought out encounters (defending the palisade, preventing the bridge from being destroyed - from what i remember) and some really retarded areas - ice temple, retarded forest, that eventually made me stop playing.
Anyway, I'm gonna download the 33% version and maybe this time I'll get to actually play this magnificent HoF I heard so many nice things about.

SkeleTony

Augur
Ah...yeah. I had a feeling I was getting something mixed up. It had been a LONG time since I was last able to play IWD2 so I was thinking of the "Heart of Winter" expansion for IWD.

Sorry about that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom