Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Icewind Dale II Random Loot Tables

1eyedking

Erudite
What this basically allows you to do, with a bit of criteria and judgment, is to find out what other item's you could've gotten from a certain monster/chest drop.

Whenever you loot a certain monster or chest, just Ctrl+F the item name you just got in one of the tables according to the difficulty you're playing, and once you find the item look at that item's file to find out what other items you could've gotten from that drop.

For example, let's say you kill a certain creature and you get a Ring of Hearty Strength. If you do what I just said, you'll end up in the RRNG_02 file, which means the other items you could've gotten had luck smiled (or frowned upon you) would've been: Ring of Protection +2, Holy Might Ring, Shield Ring, Protection from Evil Ring, Chameleon Ring of Dexterity, Ring of Spell Resistance, Ring of Knowledge, Ring of Regeneration, Chameleon Ring, Shield Amulet, or Winter Wolf Scarf.

Happy huntin'!

http://www.mediafire.com/?th493h3ld941v3o

Code:
================[EXCEL FORMAT]===============
IWD2 Random Loot Tables (Normal & Fury Modes)
=================by 1eyedking================

What I did was edit an exported ItemList.txt from DaleKeeper2 Beta,
look for the item code value in RT_NORM.2DA and RT_Fury.2da tables
in said list, and return the name of the item for that code. Feel free to
edit and format it to your liking (and even incorporate it to your guide
or walkthrough), just kindly cite the source somewhere. I hope it helps
you in your adventures!

One thing of note: I found a couple of typos that are probably preventing
certain items from spawning (or references to items that don't exist -
provided DaleKeeper2's item list is thorough). I did not correct them since
that would involve modding the original 2DA files, which is not the purpose
of my list. That's what the blank spaces are, in case you are wondering.

Source code no longer available

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom