Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Majesty Lives!

Jason

chasing a bee
<strong>[ Announcement ]</strong>

<p><a href="http://www.paradoxplaza.com/" target="_blank">Paradox</a> just sent word that they'll be publishing <strong>Majesty 2</strong> in Q1 2009.</p><blockquote><p>New York, USA (April 18, 2008) &ndash; Globally renowned publisher Paradox Interactive, is proud to announce that, having acquired the license for the much loved Majesty brand, will be releasing a long hoped for sequel in 2009.

Majesty 2 &ndash; The Fantasy Kingdom Sim will focus on reinventing many aspects of the original game, updating the franchise for the 21st Century. A key element that will permeate the game is the charm and humor of the original Majesty.

"This is by far the biggest release from Paradox to date and it is sure to become one of the most anticipated titles of 2009", said Fredrik Wester, Executive Vice President for Paradox Interactive. "Our aim is to release a fantastic game that not only encourages existing fans to renew their passion for the series, but also to reach out to the broader gaming community that has grown so much since the original was released", he continued.

"It's the height of any developers dream to work with such a cherished Triple A franchise with so many fans worldwide and such a unique position in the gaming industry", said Alexey Kozyrev, CEO 1C:Ino-Co. "As a team we have reached the level of skills and acknowledgement in the international arena to be worthy of such a task."
</p></blockquote>

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
Fantasy Wars were great. I don't doubt Ino-Co's ability to create a good sequel to one of my favorite strategies of all time.

First screenies:
54289284sp8.jpg

53258407il3.jpg

57676245lp7.jpg

70118743ue2.jpg

34330645wf1.jpg

13472310rb6.jpg

31575775su9.jpg

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
Lestat said:
Fantasy Wars were great. I don't doubt Ino-Co's ability to create a good sequel to one of my favorite strategies of all time.
+1. They proved that they have a good taste by making Fantasy Wars. I have hope in them.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I don't know. I could never get into Majesty. It's a different game.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Very pretty screenies :spurt:

I was pretty disappointed when the original developers decided to do shit like Playboy : The Mansion and left Majesty 2 to rot. Massively looking forward to this one.

The Dude

Liturgist
It would all turn to generic crap if they decided to let go of the hands off approach to your heroes though. For me at least, that was the big draw of the game, you had to manipulate and control those little guys in inventive ways to get your objectives done. That made them seen like they had a life of their own. Without that, it would have been a pretty generic and boring rts with a few creative ideas.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
The Dude said:
It would all turn to generic crap if they decided to let go of the hands off approach to your heroes though.
It will stay, but developers aim to remove the feeling that you do not contol anything. They want to achieve this by making missions more difficult and so forcing you to manage your heroes better or be defeated. They also want to introduce new flags like "defend" and "don't go there" in addition to "attack" and "explore" flags from first game + some unknown new features.
Development of your heroes will also be upgraded in both visual(equipment will be shown on models) and gameplay (special abilities and prestige classes) departments .

At least thats what russian gaming site AG.ru says in it's mini-preview.

Yannos

Educated
Wow this is awesome and unexpected news. I played the fuck out of the first one.
this just made me reinstall the gold version :)

Anyone should give it a try, you can buy it for 10 $/€ at gamersgate.com!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom