Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Briosafreak Sells Out to the Man

Jason

chasing a bee
In a continuing quest to open a Planet site for every game to sell more than 200 copies, Gamespy has launched <b><a href="http://planetfallout.gamespy.com/">Planet Fallout</a></b>. It looks like a typical Planet site, except with a surprisingly familiar staff member:
<blockquote>João "Briosafreak" Vieira AKA Briosafreak101:
Title: Site Director
Interests: My family, retro futuristic stuff, post apoc stuff, Movies, International Relations
Favorite Fallout Game: Tie between Fo1 and Fo2
Bio: First joined the Fallout community nine years ago. Going for another nine.</blockquote>
Make sure you <a href="http://forumplanet.gamespy.com/planetfallout">register at their forums</a> and give Briosafreak a hard time. "Don't forget your smile!"
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.rpgwatch.com/">RPGWatch</A>

Jet

Description:
Value: 20 bottle caps
Effects: AP+30
Mentats

Description: Become smarter with the power of Mentats.
Value: 20
Effects: PER +5, INT +5
Psycho

Description:
Effects: +25% Damage
What the.... okay i`ll stop pretending to be surprised, since this is Failout 3 we are talking here about.

I always knew Briosafreak was a whore.
I wonder if he typed this stuff with his new vault boy hand puppet.

Shannow

Waster of Time
SimpleComplexity said:
Jet

Description:
Value: 20 bottle caps
Effects: AP+30
Mentats

Description: Become smarter with the power of Mentats.
Effects: PER +5, INT +5
Psycho

Description:
Effects: +25% Damage
What the.... okay i`ll stop pretending to be surprised, since this is Failout 3 we are talking here about.
They are as faithful to SPECIAL as they were to canon, tb and iso. What more can you ask?

gc051360

Scholar
You guys are living in the past.

Ever hear of a little thing called "inflation"? That's what happened to the SPECIAL stats.

Mr. Teatime

Liturgist
What's pissed me off is the fact that they've got their own Fallout wiki (apparently part of the sell-out contract), and people are, unsurprisingly, copy-pasting info over from the Vault.

It seems disrespectful to set up a rival to The Vault within the fan community like this, especially after TV's been up for years. I knew Bethsoft were planning to have their own wiki at some point, they wanted TV originally but its independence would have been compromised so the offer was turned down... but to have it run by Brios is a little... well, yeah.

Anyway, Ausir doesn't seem as (publically) annoyed about this as me, so that's something I suppose, given that it's his hard work that's getting nicked, that's getting a needless and 'Bethsoft endorsed' rival.

Lord Chambers

Erudite
Ander Vinz said:
Who's Biosfreak, by the way?
He's a guy who posts here sometimes, more frequently in the past I feel like, who had a fallout3 blog which I figure was pretty decent, considering at least one or two of rpgcodex's front page posts were links to it.

elander_

Arbiter
Mr. Teatime said:
It seems disrespectful to set up a rival to The Vault within the fan community like this, especially after TV's been up for years. I knew Bethsoft were planning to have their own wiki at some point, they wanted TV originally but its independence would have been compromised so the offer was turned down... but to have it run by Brios is a little... well, yeah.

Is this really a surprise after all that we know about them by now?

Mr. Teatime

Liturgist
No, not re: Bethsoft. But re: Brios, yes, it surprised me. That's what's got me annoyed, as well.

Helton

Arcane
I'm having flashbacks. I remember when it was first announced Beth had the Fallout license and a bunch of nma'ers assaulted TES forums. You'd have told me then that I'd be a bitter Codex regular and Brios would be whoring himself out... Holy shit that's trippy.

Ausir

Arcane
All the copypasted stuff has been removed from the Planet Fallout wiki, and Briosafreak assured me that it wasn't added there by any of the staff.

By the way, taking the content aside, IGN's wiki engine sucks donkey balls.

Also, wikis are a default feature of all new IGN/GameSpy sites.

Briosafreak

Augur
Mr. Teatime said:
No, not re: Bethsoft. But re: Brios, yes, it surprised me. That's what's got me annoyed, as well.

No, every new Gamespy site now has one of those man, it wasn't my idea. And DU is the whore, I'm the pimp :codexdevil:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom