Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let me suffer through Sailor Moon: Another Story

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Due to huge demand from everyone* here at the Codex, I finally gave in to your demands and humbly present to you this Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Another Story Let's Play, or BSSMASLP for short. This ain't my first day in this big happy dysfunctionnal inbred family that is the Codex but this is my first LP so it might suck but then again it might not and in any event YOU suck. It's also interesting to note that I completed this game twice already, although it was 8 years ago and I was young and stupid while these days I am mostly mature, sexy and stupid. My memories of it are a bit hazy, I remember enjoying it but I have a funny feeling that the third time is gonna be painful. Oh and before we start, the Law compels me to tell you that I am Belgian and reading this LP might be hazardous to your sanity ans sexual prowess.

*Everyone being Andyman Messiah, THE Andyman Fucking Messiah, local drunken Swedish and Majestic Brown Horse extraordinaire.

I'm positive that you'd love it if I gave you a lot of background info and trivia about this game but to be honest I do not give a shit so here is the little I know about it: it came out on the SNes in 1995 and was mercifully only release in Japan; a bunch of eco-terrorists named Bishoujo Senshi Translations, how horriginal, fully translated and released a patch for the game in 1999. The story takes place some time after the end of the manga (of which I still own the 18 books, plus the 3 Sailor V volumes); the Sailor Senshi have defeated all their enemies, from Queen Beryl to Sailor Galaxia, and everyone can enjoy the peace that reigns in both the present and the future. Yeah, the future is connected to the present in Sailor Moon, and some characters came from the future and decided to stay in the present. I know it's deep and confusing, Naoko Takeuchi makes Legacy of Kain look like Tetris, less blocky and with vampires. The game assumes that the player is familiar with both the manga and anime so I will try to fill the blanks for you in order to prevent your fries from falling out of your package. Mind you, the whole thing is a bit hazy for me and I wonder if I should read the books again, but looking at them sitting on my bookshelf, I get that slight fever down my spine so I probably won't. It's not very difficult anyway: each enemy comes to replace the previous one, has some sort of plan to take over the Universe but the Sailor Senshi counter-attack; Usagi always doubts herself but in the end manages to find self-confidence, discover some hidden power from within and utterly destroy the enemy with the power of love and friendship by barely lifting a finger. I bet you've never seen something like that before. I know I haven't

And now, on with the show!

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Chapter 1 - ITZ COMING!

The game starts right away with the introduction. It's a good thing you have only the images because the music is atrocious. You'll notice that the screenshots are small, that's because ZSNes saves them only in the original size. It seems ok like this to me and the text is easy to read but if you guys really want it, I'll save them in a higher size using the clipboard, though that will mean work.

bssmas_00000.png

No time is lost and the game starts on a very clevelandmarkblakemorian note; in other words: ITZ COMING!

bssmas_00001.png
bssmas_00002.png
bssmas_00003.png

bssmas_00004.png
bssmas_00005.png
bssmas_00006.png

bssmas_00007.png
bssmas_00008.png
bssmas_00009.png

The music, as said, is atrocious, and the writing, in a typical Japanese manner, tries too hard to be different at all cost and fails both at being cool and making sense. This really look that that thing Cleve has been talking about, dark times are ahead.

bssmas_00010.png

This is actually brilliant: in one screen we know this is the future, we are in Tokyo but it's called Crystal-Tokyo because it's more rad and it's covered with crystals! Decadent gooks.

bssmas_00011.png

Astronomers of the 30th century have discovered a significant celestial object approaching Earth. It's determined to be a meteor of enormous size.

Note that 10 centuries in the future they still use an old-gen telescope and their observatory isn't covered with crystals.

bssmas_00012.png

And while all this is happening...

bssmas_00013.png

Meanwhile, several youths have banded together to form a vicious gang!

People in the crowd murmur: "It took time but Cleve was actually right all along, ITZ really coming this time!". But the Crystal Tokyo leaders share the concerns of their subject because in search of answers, Neo Queen Serenity begins to pray to the Legendary Mustic Silver Crystal, Ginzuishou.

In search of answers, Neo Queen Serenity begins to pray to the legendary Mystic Silver Crystal, Ginzuishou.

What did I tell you? Anyway Neo Queen Serenity is actually Usagi, alias Sailor Moon, alias the reincarnation of Princess Serenity. She took this name after her mother, Queen Serenity. She reigns over the New Silver Millenium, that succeeded to Queen Serenity's Silver Millenium, with her husband, King Endymion, the reincarnation of Endymion who died in the past at the hands of Queen Beryl. In the serie, Endymion is Mamoru, alias Tuxedo Mask, Usagi/Sailor Moon/Princess Serenity's lover (he doesn't practice polygamy, it's the same person). Basically long before our time, the people of the Earth and the Moon lived in peace, this was known as the Silver Millenium. The Princess of the Moon and the Prince of the Earth both fell in love but then came Queen Beryl who destroyed everything and killed everyone with her armies of sodomite sand-niggers but only after they had their way with them. It's later, in our era, that all the characters got reincarnated, met again, and Usagi and Mamoru fell in love again and lived long enough to rule the Earth from Tokyo for ten centuries. And we complain about dictators in South America and Africa, we're SO in for a surprise!

bssmas_00014.png

Why is the Ginzuishou vibrating so wildly?!

..........huh?

I guess many dots mean a bigger surprise.

bssmas_00015.png
bssmas_00016.png

It was bound to happen sooner or later. This is a very serious matter.

bssmas_00017.png
bssmas_00018.png
bssmas_00019.png

If you did not get it yet, ITZ coming. These Japs sure know how to maintain the tension. In any case, among the doom and gloom, we picked up the name of a new enemy. The plot thickens.

We must call upon the Sailor Senshi!

Yeah, let's call people from the past to solve the problems of the future! That's brilliant, especially considering one of the Senshi is the past self of the queen. I wish I could summon my past self and make him do my work.

bssmas_00020.png
bssmas_00021.png
bssmas_00022.png

Whoa! A talking cat!

bssmas_00023.png

Well, I guess we worried for nothing after all.

Strange. My visions of the disaster to come have stopped. The ominous tremblings, what do they mean?

Undoubtedly, this is in some way related to the comet.

DOOM DOOM DOOM! Of course, the comet! Why didn't we think of it sooner! It's obvious that a vibrating crystals and feeling of impending doom must be linked to that celestial body. Let's not repeat the same mistake as the dinosaurs. They thought they were so smart, big and scaly, but where are they now? THAT'S RIGHT! WHERE ARE YOU NOW, BITCHES!

bssmas_00024.png
bssmas_00025.png

If any doubts were lingering, they are now lifted.

The Great Peace of the Universe must be protected using the power of the Ginzuishou. The New Silver Millenium must remain!

Meanwhile, in the present...

bssmas_00026.png

Here are Usagi/Sailor Moon and Chibi-Usa/Chibi-Moon. Chibi-Usa is the daughter of Neo Queen Serenity but she prefers to stay in the past with her mother. I guess this is a new twist in the stupid "I do not want to be a parent but a buddy for my children" attitude. She's also in love with Mamoru who is, if you followed my inane ramblings so far, her future father. And you think you have an Oedipus complex...

But little do the girls know that above, on the rooftops, two ominous shady figures are spying on them.

bssmas_00027.png
bssmas_00028.png

I never addressed my sister as "younger sister" but hey, those Japs are truly aliens. And the translators know their trade.

sin.png
Certainly this is what we were sent here for.

anshar.png
This must be where they live. Should I spy on them?

sin.png
It is our Destiny.

With a capital "D" no less, this must be very important like all things that start with a capital letter. Important or pretentious.

bssmas_00029.png
bssmas_00030.png
bssmas_00031.png

And with this, they both disapear. In less than 15 seconds, they managed to say "Destiny" three times, I guess the word will have a pretty deep meaning later.

bssmas_00032.png

It's not really clear yet what these two want but it must be very dark and gritty. Also they mention another name, Lord Apsu. Could he be related to the Death Phantom mentionned by Queen Serenity in the future? Or rather the Death Phantom that will be mentionned by Queen Serenity in 10.000 years next to a previously vibrating crystal? We'll hopefully soon find out so stay tuned!

bssmas_00033.png
bssmas_00034.png

These exclamation marks are actually hard to capture as they stey on screen for only a second, I'm not sure I'll bother capturing them in the future but if you see an exclamation mark in the next updates, please show your appreciation by sending myself a naked picture of yourself if you are female or tranny, and a naked picture of your girlfriend if you are male; if your girlfriend isn't or was human, please do not send me any picture at all. Thanks.

sailor_chibi_moon.png
I just had a vision from the future!

bssmas_00035.png

sailor_moon.png
So what's it about? Was your boyfriend in it? It was about Mamo-chan!

Usagi is being her usual self, notice how she makes fun of her future daughter being in love with her future father in a very carefree way. According to the book Oedipus complex is perfectly normal, right mom? by Vietnamese psychiatrist Phuk Yu, this is sign of a healthy behaviour and you should encourage your child to continue.

sailor_chibi_moon.png
Idiot...

bssmas_00036.png

sailor_chibi_moon.png
It's more important than THAT!! It was about a new enemy.

bssmas_00037.png

Aliens? Wait a minute! Nobody said anything about aliens! They left after teaching the Mayans and if ITZ is to come at all, it will be from hordes of sodomite muslims and cybernegroes!

Also please note the worried look on Chibi-Usa, being Japanese she knows that aliens mean tentacles.

sailor_chibi_moon.png
We're all going to have to work together. We have to defeat them!

As if they did not have to work together in the previous stories to defeat their enemies, how should it be any different this time?

bssmas_00038.png

You don't say! Tentacles for everybody! Please, fill me with your love!

sailor_moon.png
But still, the peace must continue uninterrupted.

bssmas_00039.png

Looks like she has some sense of responsibilities after all.

bssmas_00040.png
bssmas_00041.png

Fighting evil by moonlight,
Winning love by daylight,
Never running from a real fight,
She is the one named Sailor Moon.

bssmas_00042.png
bssmas_00043.png

Yup, kids, this is the real deal! Are you in for a treat!

A fun thing to note, if you leave the title screen on for a bit, you get a short ominous sequence that will hopefully make more sense later:

bssmas_00044.png

sailor_chibi_moon.png
I'm late for the parade!

bssmas_00045.png
bssmas_00046.png
bssmas_00047.png

bssmas_00048.png
bssmas_00049.png
bssmas_00050.png

anshar.png
This is the Princess' Pendant...

bssmas_00051.png
bssmas_00052.png
bssmas_00053.png

anshar.png
Nothing.

bssmas_00054.png
bssmas_00055.png
bssmas_00056.png

The majestic <s>Brown</s> White Horse and his twin brother! <s>I wish I knew what tag this forum uses to strike text...</s> w00t! Thanks, JarlFrank!

bssmas_00057.png

Can you take the anxiety? It was also fun to find how similar this scene is to the first few minutes of Chrono Trigger: a princess going to a fair or parade bumps into a commoner and lose her pendant. Also an astute reader would have seen that the whole group of dark, gritty and mature youngsters matches the five Sailor Senshi and Chibi-Moon. Could that mean something?

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Whoa I didn't know such a gem exist. I read the comics when I was younger, some of those shojo comics are pretty good but this is terrible stuff. Tuxedo Man? How did this get so popular?

On behalf of the moon I'll punish you indeed.

Andhaira

Arcane
SHE IS TEH ONE CALLED SAILOR MOON!

What combat like? SIde scrolling turnbased?

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
It's so pathetic that I feel guilty I'm enjoying it :oops:

Keep it coming :D

Section8

Cipher
My housemate started playing this as a joke and stopped when the game got too hard for him. Good times.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
I'll cover the combat in the next update but basically it's turned-based and very easy. There are actually some interesting options like battle formations but in the end, in a typical JRPG way, you just need to grind random battles in an area until your level is high enough to defeat the next boss. Rinse and repeat.

I'll see if I can finish it. I do not promise an update every day and after all if Andyman Messiah do not update it daily I do not see why I should! Still I'll try to complete it.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Chapter 2 - Let's kick some Daimon butt, Sailor Moon style!

Let's start the game proper now.

bssmas_00000.png

Here is the title screen. By default, it seems it wants me to load a game but I don't even have one to load. That's silly and breaks my immersion. I'm tempted to give up now, which would be a sane decision, but my desire to affirm my masculinity coax me to move the cursor on the New Game option.

bssmas_00001.png
bssmas_00002.png

The game starts in Usagi's room and we can see Luna entering from the window. Luna is a talking cat who serves as an advisor to Sailor Moon; she's actually the one who revealed to Usagi that she was the reincarnation of Princess Serenity. Most of the time she acts as the voice of reason for the foolish Japanese girl, but she has been known to display her own set of antics.

Oh and in case you were wondering, the music is still atrocious.

luna.png
Usagi-chan, wake up!!

sailor_moon.png
Num num... What's wrong, Luna?

luna.png
There's something peculiar about the town. I don't know what it is exactly. But there's something funny going on.

sailor_moon.png
Num num... Are you sure it isn't your imagination, Luna?

luna.png
No, there's something about the people as well.

bssmas_00003.png
bssmas_00004.png
bssmas_00005.png

I have to admit this made me chuckle.

luna.png
Wa..wait a sec! Get up and go check it out!

bssmas_00006.png

The game just started and we are already given a choice. I have to admit that this gives me a very positive impression. We can assume that each answer will lead to a different path and will maybe have repercusions at the end of the game. In the worst case, choosing to not investigate the disturbance should end the game but at least we were given the option to do so and that's something acclaimed games like Mask of the Betrayer do not even give you. You did not even get the option to fight Kelemvor at the end. Sure he'd be able to deal with you in a nanosecond but having the choice to be that stupid and try to fight him would have preserved the immersion. So far, Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Another Story promises to be a great CRPG, certainly greater than MotB.

Now let's see what happens when we choose "No", shall we?

bssmas_00007.png
bssmas_00008.png
bssmas_00009.png

bssmas_00010.png

Well, we were still given the choice, something MotB did not even do!

sailor_moon.png
I suppose I'd better go now.

luna.png
C'mon, Usagi-chan!

bssmas_00011.png

You'll notice that Usagi either dresses up very fast in her bed or sleeps with her clothes on.

luna.png
Ah, I just remembered. Remember to take along your diary.

bssmas_00012.png

Yay! I got the diary!

luna.png
Use your diary to save the game. You can save everything you've done so far. But you can only save when you talk to a Luna-P Ball.

bssmas_00013.png

It's a bit confusing so far but I guess it'll be ok. Luna-P Balls are the rotating horrors similar to the one you can see in the bottom left corner of the room.

bssmas_00014.png
bssmas_00015.png

Again, Destiny! I bet it's important! But whose Destiny is this about? Anyway, let's exit this room and explore a bit.

bssmas_00016.png
bssmas_00017.png

Must be the parent's bedroom. Nothing interesting here.

bssmas_00018.png

Ah, Usagi's brother. Maybe he got something important to say.

bssmas_00019.png

Yeah, well, fuck you too! Bah, let's ignore the brat and keep looking around, there's bound to be something good. I mean, this is a JRPG, there must be a treasure somewhere!

bssmas_00020.png
bssmas_00021.png
bssmas_00022.png

bssmas_00023.png

Well, nothing. This a very fine house with many modern appliances but nothing to help a magical girl followed by her talking black cat. I feel the bile cooking in the cauldron of my liver.

bssmas_00024.png

Ah, the kitchen and someone else. Must be Usagi's mother.

bssmas_00025.png

I'd like to see you stay in bed with a talking cat jumping on you! It's already hard to do it when my ferret bites my feet so I imagine it's even worse with a bigger, talking, animal.

bssmas_00026.png

Bah, screw this! There's nothing for us here, let's make like a tree and get out.

bssmas_00027.png

Outside the house, maybe we'll have more luck around here. Let us explore.

bssmas_00028.png

The way to the left is blocked, seems fairly obvious where to go now.

bssmas_00029.png

Oh, some guy dressed in a weird fashion, he must be a stranger! This make him look important, though I'm afraid his mere presence is enough to bring the economy down and deprive honest hard-working Japanese of their salary.

bssmas_00030.png
bssmas_00031.png
bssmas_00032.png

bssmas_00033.png
bssmas_00034.png
bssmas_00035.png

He healed me for free. Nice but I wasn't hurt at all yet, dumbass! Still it's good to know he can give me free medicine without the need for my character to resort to prostitution. Usualy that's how drug deals go but I guess this isn't that kind of game.

bssmas_00036.png

A <s>fat</s> healthy lady. Despite being Japanese, she might be related to Inge Wagner.

bssmas_00037.png

No thanks, lady, I do not want to meet your son. Usagi is already engaged to someone who will rule the Earth with her in 10 centuries so what could your stupid offer to her, uh?

Someone tell me how to add hearts in real life at the end of my sentence. I sure wish I could do that.

bssmas_00038.png

Whoa, a green Beetle!

bssmas_00039.png

That's all for this area, Sailor Moon and her trusty furry side-kick move out to the next area!

bssmas_00040.png

This area is bigger and has several people wandering around.

bssmas_00041.png
bssmas_00042.png

Nice tip, I could use the help! I can understand the game center being a help center for a video game but the clock shop kinda escapes me.

Looks like we can leave this area by following the road.

bssmas_00043.png
bssmas_00044.png
bssmas_00045.png

Or we could leave this area if Luna allowed us to. Still it's a nice design decision that prevents players from getting lost right at the start of the game. Bethesda refined this concept by letting you go anywhere you wanted but have instant teleportation and a GPS to pinpoint the exact location of quest objectives. But Bethesda did not have any Sailor Moon in their games and that's where they failed. R00fles.

bssmas_00046.png

Here is the game center, with some generic looking character in front of it giving me some clues about my current quest. I make a note and enter the game center. Inside I find some guy standing in front of a machine:

bssmas_00047.png
bssmas_00048.png
bssmas_00049.png

I guess it means his brain is starting to drip from his ears. Better leave him in peace.

bssmas_00050.png
bssmas_00051.png

It's true, this place really contains hints for playing the game! Usagi just learned how to run from that nice salaryman. And run she will.

bssmas_00052.png
bssmas_00053.png

I suddenly realized that there aren't any weapons or armours, just accessories. And that's because all playable characters in this games are GIRLS. I'm suddenly afraid I might catch the gay but the bottle of Chimay Bleue standing next to my mouse seems to whisper me sweet encouragements in the inside of my brain box, and feeling comforted on my sexual orientation, I press on.

bssmas_00054.png
bssmas_00055.png
bssmas_00056.png

Look, kiddo, it's the start of the game and I haven't killed anything, collected nothing and not accomplished anything of great effort. So why do you want me to save now?

bssmas_00057.png
bssmas_00058.png
bssmas_00059.png

Am I the only one who finds creepy a guy complimenting a girl for looking healthy?

bssmas_00060.png

Oh, books! I like books!

bssmas_00061.png
bssmas_00062.png

Well, this sucks. Moving on.

bssmas_00063.png

I'll never understand the Japanese.

bssmas_00064.png

Another store whose only purpose is to be closed.

bssmas_00065.png

Ah, here is OSA-P, but I think I'll keep exploring a bit. It's not like we have some shitty system like the spirit meter to prevent us from exploring and talking to people, right?

NINJA TRIVIA UPDATE: OSA.P is actually Naoko Takeuchi's editor!

bssmas_00066.png
bssmas_00067.png

Some racist undertones, that game may yet redeem itself.

bssmas_00068.png

Oh, the clock store! I was told I could find more help there.

bssmas_00069.png
bssmas_00070.png

bssmas_00071.png
bssmas_00072.png

bssmas_00073.png
bssmas_00074.png
bssmas_00075.png

bssmas_00076.png
bssmas_00077.png
bssmas_00078.png

bssmas_00079.png
bssmas_00080.png
bssmas_00081.png

bssmas_00082.png
bssmas_00083.png
bssmas_00084.png

bssmas_00085.png

That link system sounds pretty important but since I only have one sailor senshi in my party right now, I can't really explore it yet.

bssmas_00086.png

Oh, a wall of icons! The kind of stuff I expect to see in any serious clock store that I would deem worthy of my patronage!

bssmas_00087.png
bssmas_00088.png
bssmas_00089.png

This lady explains to me how it works. Clever.

bssmas_00090.png
bssmas_00091.png
bssmas_00092.png

bssmas_00093.png

A sound advice that I will do my best to remember during my adventures.

bssmas_00094.png
bssmas_00095.png
bssmas_00096.png

bssmas_00097.png
bssmas_00098.png
bssmas_00099.png

bssmas_00100.png

bssmas_00101.png
bssmas_00102.png
bssmas_00103.png

bssmas_00104.png
bssmas_00105.png
bssmas_00106.png

bssmas_00107.png
bssmas_00108.png
bssmas_00109.png

bssmas_00110.png
bssmas_00111.png
bssmas_00112.png

bssmas_00113.png

Seems like fairly classic stuff, except for the links and formations that may have some potential. I just need a group to try it out. Also the definition of the "Run away" command make it sound that if you ever use it, you are a sissy.

bssmas_00114.png

The old mand here sells clocks, it is a clock store after all!

bssmas_00115.png
bssmas_00116.png
bssmas_00117.png

Fairly typical buy/sell menu. I'm not in need of clocks for now but I may come back later.

Back to the street, I explore the neighbourhood some more. I find what is either a humanoid fly or a kid with big glasses.

bssmas_00118.png
bssmas_00119.png

Get away from me, you lecherous creep! I'm a lady!

bssmas_00120.png
bssmas_00121.png

Another subtle nudge to check out the OSA-P store. But before I go there I decide I have time to check this small store, again because there is no stupid coercion from the game who respects me as a gamer.

bssmas_00122.png

Those gooks are crazy, crazy I tell you!

bssmas_00123.png

bssmas_00124.png
bssmas_00125.png
bssmas_00126.png

I just went there, sheesh!

bssmas_00127.png

Moar like you force them to get up early else they do not get food, AMIRITE?

bssmas_00128.png

We can buy some stuff here too if we want.

bssmas_00129.png

This place deals mostly with food and items that will restore health, since we are not in need of any of this for now, we'll just leave the place.

bssmas_00130.png

Oooh, toys!

bssmas_00131.png

DAMNIT!

bssmas_00132.png
bssmas_00133.png

Can you speak louder? I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!

bssmas_00134.png
bssmas_00135.png

This is a clue that this a work of fantasy: that policeman actually gave me useful information.

bssmas_00136.png

Nope, we can't exit this zone from there...

bssmas_00137.png

I might be wrong but this looks like a school.

bssmas_00138.png

No school today, let's profit from this free time by experimenting the recreational effects of cought syrup!

bssmas_00139.png
bssmas_00140.png

Guess I can't go in yet but something tells me I'll need to be back later.

bssmas_00141.png

You must gather your party before venturing forth. I still can't exit from this side either. Having explored all options available in this zone, I guess it's time to finally enter OSA-P and see what's going on over there.

bssmas_00142.png
bssmas_00143.png
bssmas_00144.png

My dear Watson, I mean Luna, it looks like we arrived just in time!

bssmas_00145.png
bssmas_00146.png

Naru is Usagi's best friend but she ignores all of her secret identity. That she is threatened here and now by a Daimon is highly symbolic: when it was revealed to Usagi that she was in fact Sailor Moon, her first enemy took the appearance of Naru's mother and attacked her in this very jewel store. Though inexperienced, she managed to win the battle and affirm herself as Sailor Moon.

bssmas_00147.png
bssmas_00148.png
bssmas_00149.png

bssmas_00150.png

Now we're cooking with fire!

bssmas_00151.png
bssmas_00152.png
bssmas_00153.png

bssmas_00154.png
bssmas_00155.png
bssmas_00156.png

FUCK YEAH!

bssmas_00157.png
bssmas_00158.png
bssmas_00159.png

Ah! Our first battle!

bssmas_00160.png

Well, it's certainly a change from "orc", "goblin" or "kobold".

bssmas_00161.png

Here we get the combat menu. An astute reader will remember that we saw this already in some part of the game. I am not gonna spoil it for you, just think a bit. If you are really lost, scroll up.

Let's check our special techniques.

bssmas_00162.png

Since Sailor Moon is low level for now, she only has 2 points of magic and can't use the third tech. The second one is a healing tech, not very useful in this situation, so let's use her signature attack: the Moon Tiara Action!

bssmas_00163.png
bssmas_00164.png

The enemy is faster and can act before my turn. But luckily my defence overpowers him... her... it.

bssmas_00165.png
bssmas_00166.png
bssmas_00167.png

bssmas_00168.png
bssmas_00169.png
bssmas_00170.png

bssmas_00171.png

PWNED!

bssmas_00172.png

My first victory!

bssmas_00173.png
bssmas_00174.png
bssmas_00175.png

bssmas_00176.png
bssmas_00177.png
bssmas_00178.png

Naru and her mother are grateful I saved them but not grateful enough to give me that +1 Longsword I'm sure they hide somewhere in their house. Oh and nevermind the fact that Naru isn't able to recognize her childhood friend when she is changed into Sailor Moon. That makeup sure fools everyone!

bssmas_00178.png
bssmas_00180.png

Talking to them does not provide any further benefit, so let's explore the house and see if we can loot something as a well-deserved reward.

bssmas_00181.png

So far, bupkus.

bssmas_00182.png

Hey! Isn't that a chest over there!

bssmas_00183.png

BINGO! Though I have no idea what to do with an Ancient Doll, it's still better than nothing.

bssmas_00184.png

Nothing here except a Luna-P Ball. I could save but I won't because I'm too hardcore for that.

That was all to get in this house, so I guess it's time to leave.

bssmas_00185.png
bssmas_00186.png

Usagi will get some well-deserved rest. Maybe in the next episode will we discover why a Daimon appeared while they were supposed to be all defeated. Stay tuned and do not miss the next update or, in the name of the Moon, I will punish you!

Andhaira

Arcane
Finding love by daylight
Fighting evil by moonlight
SHE IS TEH ONE CALLED SIALOR MOON!!

TEH ONE CALLED SIALOR MOON

Annie Mitsoda

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
Just - if he asks you to go to the edge of a giant cliff because he has something to tell you, and it's "really really important," check to see if he's carrying a bow or not.

If he is, DON'T GO.

Lessons learned from teh intarwubs!

...Also, if you enjoy Sailor Moon, do you have a secret fear that a repo man is going to come along with a form that says he has to repossess your penis?

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
Annie Carlson said:
Also, if you enjoy Sailor Moon, do you have a secret fear that a repo man is going to come along with a form that says he has to repossess your penis?

agreed, if you arent a girl, -10 years old and mentally retarded then u cannot play this game. I already felt myself dying a little inside when watching the screens and the text.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Annie Carlson said:
Just - if he asks you to go to the edge of a giant cliff because he has something to tell you, and it's "really really important," check to see if he's carrying a bow or not.

If he is, DON'T GO.

Lessons learned from teh intarwubs!
Real men use lightning bolts.

...Also, if you enjoy Sailor Moon, do you have a secret fear that a repo man is going to come along with a form that says he has to repossess your penis?
Who are you and what the fuck are you doing with my gay porn movie script?

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
oscarisaiah said:
I was expecting hentai

We are far from the end, your wish might come true in the future.

Andyman Messiah said:
It's like I have my own Adoring Fan! :P

You're the one who gave me the idea in the first place. Together, we fight crime!

Annie Carlson said:

It's not really that I enjoy Sailor Moon but rather used to enjoy it, instead of enjoy her. It still has a special place in my heart for being silly and disgustingly cute. As for this LP, Andyman Messiah made me do it!

I'll also add that whoever touches my manhood dies!

zerotol said:
agreed, if you arent a girl, -10 years old and mentally retarded then u cannot play this game. I already felt myself dying a little inside when watching the screens and the text.

But I know you will be back for the next update.

PS: I'm not gay!

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Doubt there'd be any hentai in a Sailor Moon game, although we might get some kind of tentacley monster.

(It's okay, I used to enjoy the manga too when I was wee. Can't say anything about your manhood, though.)

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Lesifoere said:
Best LP since Andyman's FF7 one.

That's some powerful praise there! Thank you!

Lesifoere said:
(It's okay, I used to enjoy the manga too when I was wee. Can't say anything about your manhood, though.)

To be honest, I hoped this LP would make me more popular with the girls of the Codex.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Because they're the most hilarious and most likely to be rife with translation mishaps. Consider LPs of Oblivion and Merilinda's IWD2 mod, say--it's hard to do anything with those, as the source material is so goddamn fucking dull rather than funny.

Radisshu

Prophet
I actually know the swedish lyrics for the opening and ending Sailor Moon anime songs by heart.

Why the fuck did I write this on the codex?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom