Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play Dungeon Keeper 2

Major_Boobage

Scholar
Welcome to my LP : the game i am going to play is Dungeon Keeper 2 the successor to Dungeon Keeper 1 (ofcourse).

Dungeonkeeper2_boxshot-1.jpeg

I created a movie of the first level on youtube.

Nothing really special first level it's basically a training level anyway.

Youtube click, this is the first level.

I wanted to include some comments from me, but i dont know how to record ingame and micro at the same time with FRAPS. Any help is welcome.

Any comments, suggestions (this better then images or not?) are welcome.

Rabidredneck

Liturgist
It's a damn shame they never made a DK3, even tho 2 had a teaser trailer for it.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
No, you shouldn't. Fuck you and fuck this LP and fuck anyone who says differently.

Plz continue lol

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Very nice zerotol, I think you are making a good decision to do this LP by video.

I have always been curious about Dungeon Keeper.

I look forward to more updates.

Kortalh

Liturgist
I bought it as an impressionable youth when it first came out, based solely on the badassery of the horned demon. Turned out to be one of my favorite games ever. Too bad it doesn't run on Vista (or XP, really) without a bunch of screwing around.

feighnt

Scholar
watching this video last night got me wanting to play the game again :D

so i went and installed it and it doesnt work :cry: let's see how much fiddling around i'm willing to do to get the damned thing to play...

in the meantime, keep updating this! great game :)

ps: been some time since i played... noticed you dropping all those chickens on the boss - that was just for fun, right? it doesnt actually distract him or anything, does it?

(edit) woo! got it to work! :D harder to figure out what to do than it was to do it.

Major_Boobage

Scholar
Kortalh said:
I bought it as an impressionable youth when it first came out, based solely on the badassery of the horned demon. Turned out to be one of my favorite games ever. Too bad it doesn't run on Vista (or XP, really) without a bunch of screwing around.

The game plays without a problem on vista. Just enable compatibility WINXP SP2 and it works. It is that simple. You can even play the game in high res (1600*1200) with the last patch.

Expect updates of the first 3 or 4 missions probably tuesday, i will rerecord the first mission and the other ones and let them all upload at night. I have a crappy upload so it takes time :p.

feighnt

Scholar
Major_Boobage said:
Kortalh said:

The game plays without a problem on vista. Just enable compatibility WINXP SP2 and it works. It is that simple. You can even play the game in high res (1600*1200) with the last patch.

not for everyone - if this was *my* only problem, i wouldnt've had to look for help.

in the graphical options, you need to turn off hardware acceleration... and i *might* also have needed to choose to disable visual themes and desktop composition in the same place you choose to play the game in compatability mode, but i'm not exactly sure - the game didnt fix itself until i turend off hardware acceleration, and *then* went and started a new game. when the first map loaded, it was fine, and it's stayed fine. but if exited the program before this, when i next tried to turn it on, the hardware acceleration would be checked again for some reason :? so i dunno if those other two things i did were necessary. but, yeah: Hardware acceleration, and then start a new game - if that doesnt work, try the other two things i did too.

wrathofdog

Scholar
I'd watch the videos but I'm loathe to listen to zertotol's fruity belgian accent (or whatever heathen backwater you're from).

Major_Boobage

Scholar
Marquis de Retardot said:
How about simply adding text captions to the videos instead.

Voice is much better imo i can give a lot more info. I am also getting better at commenting due to the practice.

However the biggest problem at the moment is being able to play the game without it crashing every 2 minutes. :evil:

Raapys

Arcane
Think you can remedy the problem, at least partially, by changing some of the sound stuff in the game.

Helton

Arcane
Major_Boobage said:
:(, my voice just isnt suited for commentary. It's too nasal, i cannot change that.

Yes you can, what the fuck?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom