Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play: Divine Divinity

Hope you like it....

We pick the the female warrior, 'cause she's the hottest and looks like some sex slave.
scene1x.jpg

Let's give her the ugliest portrait and an appropriate name.

003.png
Can that strong grip of yours handle my *sword*? Ha ha ha...
020.png
Perv...

Moving on, we wake up in what looks to be someones basement(Told you she was a sex slave), and find a pair of broken sandals that somehow give us 20 armor.
scene2d.jpg

scene3k.jpg

We walk to the lower left corner of the room where we find a chest in wich there is found 25 gold pieces.
020.png
Yay.

In the room we also find a dirk and a healing potion, off we go. Up the ladder and we're here.
scene4.jpg

We find some more weapons and other shit.

As we head for the exit an old healer guy jumps out of nowhere and starts talking to us :o
scene5.jpg

020.png
Ohhhh... Who are you? How did I get here?
294.png
(This is one of those long, game-starting dialogues so I won't write exactly what he's saying.)Well, I was lucky, a white cat found you, ha ha ha ha. Good thing the cat was looking out for your interests.

020.png
Cool story, bro.

294.png
*side quest sigh* There are so many troubles here.

020.png
What troubles?

294.png
There are orcs infesting the woods, and we lost contact to the magical source, and our main wizard is crazy... Well, it's not like he was ever sane, but...

020.png
I will help you!

294.png
That's very kind of you... Oh yeah... About your stuff, I couldn't carry it with me... You can buy some more of that stuff at ol' George's shop. And, I am a hippie, so I believe in sharing... You can take anything you want from my house. Besides, you can always repay me later if you feel in my dept.

020.png
I don't...

294.png
Well, goodbye then.

Next part is coming soon.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
That's about as far as I got too. :D

I could never get the love for this game. Maybe this LP will enlighten me.

Keep it up !

DaveO

Erudite
Don't forget to exploit the experience boost from the zombie and the spell book in the mage's house early. Bow is the way to handle those big critters you'll run into in the dungeon that basically destroys all desire to play thru the game.

Saxon1974

Prophet
This game is such a hidden gem; There are things I dont like about it but I think its creeped into my top 15 games of all time just for the atmosphere and music. Sadly the 3D sequel doesn't look at all like the same game.

Props for playing the hot chick!

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
I got to the 2nd (or maybe 3d) main city and stopped. I love the idea of DD but not the game of DD.

Chefe

Erudite
With all the praise this game gets around here I felt like I was missing "something" for hating it. Glad to see there's other people who share my opinion. I played the demo and got out to the area where that one generic medieval soldier accosts you and tells you to go back (or something, I don't remember). I kept on, fought a critter, and............ uninstalled. The city had bored me, but this was an aRPG so the fighting probably made up for it, right? Wrong.

Good luck with the LP.

Andhaira

Arcane
Fantastic. A LP of an very good rpg.

To detractors, this is actually more of an rpg than The Witcher (which also was cool). Its got better combat as well.

Anyhow, MOAR!!

Murk

Arcane
Pliskin said:
Isn't this that kraut version of "Diablo"?

The game's made by a Belgian company, and while the combat is mindless hack-n-slash, the game world is very interactive, there's a lot to explore, and despite the tongue-in-cheek cartoony characters - some of the quests are actually fun to complete (and many have different routes to complete them by).

It's a great game, it's not Fallout or Torment, and not even near that league - but it's a great game and does a lot of things right that big AAA titles can't seem to even get half right.

As we exit Joram's house, the screen scrolls down to a mini cut-scene.
scene6l.jpg

290.png
Wha? Who? Oh, it's you Lanilor, I was... Arrgh!...HE WILL COME! THE END IS UPON US!
293.png
(Lanilor the elf is totally gay for Mardaneus)Sheloi! You're raving Mardaneus. You must take more rest. Come, let me take you home.
290.png
BUT NEMESIS IS NEAR! WE MUST BE VIGILENT! WE MUST BE PURE! WE MUST BEHAVE! What did you say Lanilor? Rest? Yes, I could try to sleep... If only the voice in my head would be silent...

-They walk away-

And being the curious little fucker we are, we follow them...
To find yet another mini cut-scene.
scene7.jpg

290.png
Ahh! Look! Here they come. Begone foul creature.
293.png
Oh, dear me... Come Mardaneus , I'll feed you the medicine myself.
290.png
DOOM AND DESTRUCTION! What? Who? ... YOU! THEYRON HASHNITOR, LORD OF DECAY!BEGONE FOUL DEMON!
293.png
No, no it's me, Lanilor. Come, let me make you some more of that hot tea
290.png
I WILL NOT DRINK YOUR FOUL BREW, THELYRON! DO YOU REALLY THINK YOU CAN FOOL ME? ... TASTE MY POWER!

Mardaneus casts freeze on Lanilor :!:
scene8.jpg

Guess we'll have to do this quest, huh...

293.png
Ho stranger! Please release me from this icy p-p-prison! It's getting too c-c-cold t-to bear!
020.png
Hmmm... I don't know. In a few hours, you'll be a nice ice sculpture...(We appreciate art...)
293.png
Wh... What the fuck are you saying? C-Come on man, please. My feet are burning from the cold.
020.png
Mine are freezing from the heat...(?)

Well, who really cares about Lanilor the elf. Let's just drink some water from this not-at-all suspicious well.
scene9.jpg

Oops... What has happened?
scene10.jpg

It seems we have fallen in to this not-at-all suspicious well...
020.png
Well, when in well...
049.gif
Shut up!

When in well, search for clues....
scene11s.jpg

We have found this key... It opens this door... Which leads us to this room... Where we find this ladder.
scene12z.jpg

Up the ladder, my good girl.
scene13.jpg

290.png
Boiled cabbage?... Ah, the taste of a wo... You're not an agent of Thelyron, are you? I will destroy you, bitch.
020.png
No, no, no! L-A-N-I-L-O-R, you know, your faggot friend.
290.png
Lanilor? What do you speak of?
020.png
FUCK YOU!

scene14.jpg

Mardaneus get's out of his house(closet) and unfreezes Lanilor...

See you next time...

By the way, where can I get a free screenshot taking program that let's you take more screenshots at once?

WholesaleGenocide

Liturgist
Mikayel said:
Pliskin said:
Isn't this that kraut version of "Diablo"?

The game's made by a Belgian company, and while the combat is mindless hack-n-slash, the game world is very interactive, there's a lot to explore, and despite the tongue-in-cheek cartoony characters - some of the quests are actually fun to complete (and many have different routes to complete them by).

It's a great game, it's not Fallout or Torment, and not even near that league - but it's a great game and does a lot of things right that big AAA titles can't seem to even get half right.

I agree with this post. The game is flawed pretty hardcore, especially since the combat is pretty mediocre/mindless and that's sort-of the focus of the game, but some of the quests are quite good, and the game is pretty damn funny at times (existential skeletons).

karnot

Educated
Also you gotta love how small their world is. The whole human kingdom is just one tiny castle and a couple of farms, and they wage a neverending war with orcs, whose main camp is just a couple minutes down the road.

Reminds me of Arx Fatalis in that regard. At least in Gothic they had a storyline reason for something like this.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Machined Plate Man:

Remember to kill those pigs in the first village before you leave. Much more LP-worthy than the healers' ramblings.

denizsi

Arcane
I played this game to the end it was just horrible. A nightmare. Being obsessive is crazy like that.

It's Diablo 2 Plus. You have some stupid FedEx quests, lots of backtracking across the large open world which becomes nauseating rather fast, some light C&C that don't amount to much but is there nonetheless, and incredibly annoying writing. And lots of it too! This is a game with the potential to be a decent RPG gone train wreck.

Crowded battles are very enjoyable though. It does what either Diablo games failed to achieve: throw you into middle of ravaging savages. It's brutal.

Mystary!

Arcane
FUUUU- I was about halfway through but lost all my saves to computer crash yesterday. Finish for me plx.

Texas Red

Whiner
It's sheer hypocrisy to call this game anything more than "shit" and immediately ignore Bioware's or Bethesda's attempts. Whatever good might have been there, the awful combat and the broken skill system overrides it. I don't know what type of a beast would find 3 hour long dungeons where you do nothing but click anything other than torture. I remember I played a mage, got access to some spell and annihilated waves and waves of orcs and other beasts without suffering any damage at all.

The atmosphere, I agree, was great with the first village. The quests and the little touches(such as the writing on the grave) were nice. But then it falls apart worse than unfinished KotOR 2 once you enter the dungeon/masochist mode.

When I imagine hell, hack n slash like this comes to mind. Every day, all day you obsessively click on moving pixels in hope of seeing an ending to a story completely generic. In realization you scream because there's no story, no setting, nothing.

Double Ogre

Scholar
Dark Individual said:
I don't know what type of a beast would find 3 hour long dungeons where you do nothing but click anything other than torture.
3 hours, heh? The final area is literally a 10 hours long dungeon, with no dialog at all. I endured it just once, to see the ending, and it wasn't worth it. Once you're teleported to the final area, just quit the game, it's unbelievably horrendous from that point on.

A user named cat

Fags with bad taste and special tags under their usernames for being retards shouldn't post their opinions on games. DD was great, despite the first couple hours being boring shit. One of the most well done and fitting game soundtracks of all time, and easily the best Diablo clone to date.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom