Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Join me in my glorious revolution, friends!

Ulyanov

Novice
Hello, friend. Pleased to meet you. My name is V. V for Vladimir. I am a furry from the land of Tamriel.

Picture95.png

Picture97.png

I have recently taken to championing the cause of the Underclass. For my efforts, the Empire has accused me of sedition. My books have been burned. I was imprisoned and exiled to the province of Morrowind, where perhaps the Emperor hopes to quell my attempts at a peasant uprising. Little do they know, Morrowind is my ideal province: its enormous peasant population, oppressed indigenous peoples, and built-in class warfare will be a huge boon to my recruiting efforts.

After disembarking from the prison ship, I entered the office of those horrid Servants of the Empire who were charged with receiving me in my exile. Little were they to know what was in store. After receiving my paperwork, I went into the the census and excise office and snuck up behind the guard.

Picture100.png

I have become a God of Vengeance for the Noble Cause of the Proletariat. Or I would have, had I actually believed in such fairy tales. Gods are, as we all know, a mere tool of the Bourgeois ruling class to placate the Masses by distracting them from their squalid earthly conditions. I am not a god. I am a furred, clawed beast of the peasantry, and I am ready to strike the first blow of the revolution.

Picture101.png

After the first blow, he lays twitching on the floor. I strike again and again, reveling in the irony of our reversal as the blood of the guard is spilled by the prisoner. I wonder how I might later recount this moment. How will I weave it into my tale to make it symbolic of my larger cause? Have I struck both a literal and a figurative blow to the capitalist, exploitative Empire?

Picture102.png

As a symbolic gesture, I strip the guard of all his clothes. It is only just that the bourgeoise die with as few possessions as the peasants they oppress.

Picture104.png

I continue to do the same with each guard in the village, as well as Fargoth for I hear he is hiding money and goods instead of contributing them to the good of the community. But this is too inefficient. It takes too long to eliminate any individual, much less rid this noble peasant village of the scourge of their oppressors.

I approach Arille the trader. I ask him for a bow and arrows. He does not immediately accede to my request; instead, he demands payment. It has become clear that Arille has been brainwashed to fetishize money and commodities. I hand him the filthy lucre I have relieved of the fallen guards and Fargoth. But it is too late for him; I cannot fight for a man who worships at the altar of the dark god of capitalism. We must wash away the follies of this older generation, and what better way to do it than with a river of blood?

Picture109.png

Arille has fallen, and I strip him naked. Yet the rest of the village does not seem thankful! In fact, they are downright aggressive and accusatory. You'd think they'd thank me for performing this task for them. I realize that hope has run out for the village of Seyda Neen. There is only one recourse.

Picture110.png

With Seyda Neen no more, I see one last resident: a woman who offers to take me with a stilt rider to Balmora. Yet, she fetishizes money just as much as Arille. But dusk approaches fast, and I must make it to Balmora if I am ever to take on the Empire. I allow her to live for now, vowing to her that I will some day release her from her capitalist prison. She seems unimpressed. It is the tragedy of the peasantry that they seem incapable of understanding the nature of their oppression.

Picture111.png

But I finally arrive in Balmora. Perhaps tomorrow a new dawn will shine on my revolution.

Picture112.png

Someone's using some cheats. At the beginning, you have a hard time not getting your ass kicked by a random rat, let alone the Guards wandering around, or Knight Errants like Sellus Gravius.

Volkens

Novice
Obvious cheating, there is no way he could have killed anyone of them at beginning. Especially with one hit.

Volkens said:
Obvious cheating, there is no way he could have killed anyone of them at beginning. Especially with one hit.

Sellus Gravius is bad enough, but that tavern had a number of off-duty Guards, a secret member of the Blades, a full-blown Battle-Mage, and various other fodder that are still fully capable of kicking the crap out of a newbie. So yeah, definite funky stuff going on.

Chateaubryan said:
Since when cheating is a major issue in a Let's Play ?

MoaR.

Let's Plays are also supposed to show the lows along with the highs.

In the 'Horde' LP the first couple years were filled with deaths for the poor hero.

If he wants to go around killing everyone, it's going to be pretty boring if he eliminates the chance of someone smacking him around because he jumped him too early.

Redeye

Arcane
Perhaps it is an RP LP, in which the character had a previous life where high levels were attained.

Allowing capture/etc. would have just been a ruse in that case.

You can't have a Morrowind LP without parts where you jump up and down stairs while shooting fireballs (I think these parts should be in video format), taunt & murder everyone who owns something worthwhile, steal absolutely everything in the beginning to raise cash (later steal everything and sell to the mudcrab), hoard sujamma which allows you to kill anything easily and so on. In the beginning an easy way to get good equipment is to steal them, throw them to ground and go to jail. When you come back, nobody cares if you take them.

But why would you do actual cheating, it takes everything worthwhile off the game?

Nice PNG there you russian piece of cum-dripping donkey dick.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom