Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play ITZCOM: Return of the Cybernegroes (ITZ Back!)

Cassidy

Arcane
*redacted due to complete sellout of RPGCodex*

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
Wisdom: So this is a sort of X-com in a post-apocalyptic setting? How hard is it to play (aka the standard death rate of your soldiers)?

PS: Of course, sign me up please.

Kwota

Augur
I remember this game. Blasting through hordes of weird ass mutants/demons was a pretty enjoyable experience.

Sign me up on the team.

pipka

Savant
Cool. Abomination LP.
Never finished it. Virus always overtook the city.
Was the combat RT or RTwP? All i can remember, that it was clunky.

Cassidy

Arcane
So far I've added everyone up to BUMFACE, everyone else will be added in the next updated.

lightbane said:
Wisdom: So this is a sort of X-com in a post-apocalyptic setting? How hard is it to play (aka the standard death rate of your soldiers)?

PS: Of course, sign me up please.

Question 1: Sort of, but it is more resembling to Syndicate in gameplay because of the 4-men team, capability to adjust reactions and real-time combat.

Question 2: Real-time without pause and its quite clunky interface makes this game a bitch sometimes. The first plot section "The Cult" is relatively safe... as long as you don't have the bad luck of having a RPG hitting straight against one of your team members, or of someone with a flamethrower getting close enough, but after it things start to get nasty. Some of the late game enemies are really tough. Its difficulty curve isn't very balanced, it takes some big leaps instead of growing up gradually.

To make things better I didn't even bother rechecking its manual to remember again the hotkeys, I just jumped right in.

--------

lpabomm1b.jpg

This is the first mission. Apparently a baby meat factory with spoiled baby meat was built inside a car that is part of ITZ. The car must be destroyed soon or much of the baby meat around will be spoiled. Thus our warriors depart in a heavily armored Humvee.

lpabomm1s1.jpg

The friendly reception didn't wait for them to even get off the car. Fire and machetes are exchanged in a brutal close quarters battle. Strange fleshly constructs erupt from the streets and corpses of innocents are everywhere.

lpabomm1s2.jpg

But in the end, superior training overcomes the self-mutilated legions of half-naked, blood-filled, machete-wielding niggers. However, time is running out... They run, they shoot cars like if there was no tomorrow.

Then, while they advanced on the streets:

machetesaw.jpg

A macheteer fires a rocket propelled chain-machete, they run for cover, then a loud explosion is heard. Apparently the macheteer was too poor at aim and managed to hit only a lamppost. And he is quickly dealt with. Thus they continued to explode cars.

But... but... the car is nowhere to be found. Baby meat assplodes through the air, emanating a terrible stench...

lpabomm1s3.jpg

And thus, they scavenge the place for weapons and ammunitions, bring survivors from local police and National Guard to join the team and return to the Bunker.

lpabomm1d.jpg

However, there is no time for butthurt over the failed mission. ITZ doesn't wait.

A mostly new team so the ones sent in the previous mission can recover their wounds is prepared. Only Chefe remains because of a thick butt skin allowing for bullets, dumbfuck tags and overall hatred from the Codex to be shrugged off.

lpabomm2b.jpg

Apparently the goal now is to deploy a beacon that will signal the remnants of the Air Force to firebomb the place. Fortunately, this time there will be no hurry, for this is not a mission with a time limit.

lpabomm2s1.jpg

Immediately upon arrival, soldiers are already in a hopeless firefight against ITZ while a civilian walks "normally" amidst the sight of a man being impaled by one of the many multiheaded dicks. Soon he runs away though. It is pointless to try saving civilian lives. There is no escape for those who didn't prepare themselves. The beacon is there, a white pyramid with a green mark.

lpabomm2s2.jpg

They come from everywhere, and after a brutal firefight, which included several grenades tossed and an enemy with a flamethrower nearly closing in enough to toast them before being killed, once again the teammembers end wounded, but they'll not run away from this mission.

lpabomm2s3.jpg

Advancing through northwest they meet some serious resistance. First pipka begins to snipe the enemies one by one with a captured sniper rifle, until their hordes decide to come at full force. Grenades began to be thrown against the team, and the soldiers accompanying them don't survive the brutal assault of the machete rape gangs. The team retreats through south, then west, chased by the legions. They barely manage to kill one of them armed with a Rocket Propelled Chainsaw before he could fire it.

lpabomm2s4.jpg

Managing to turn the tide of this firefight, the Codex Team moves eastward, noticing two goons over the rooftops. They carefully wait, bidding their time.

lpabomm2s6.jpg

Climbing some ladders, they prepare for the slaughter.

lpabomm2s7.jpg

Wielding machetes doesn't help with marksmanship. One of them was carrying a M60E3 machinegun and could have massacred the team. With the west side cleaned up, the team moves towards the east of the sector, where a bridge is.

lpabomm2s8.jpg

Rape victims mostly. No enemies around.

lpabomm2s9.jpg

Through the north further hostiles are encountered.

lpabomm2s10.jpg

Area seems clear now. Time to head for the objective, indicated by the flare.

lpabomm2s11.jpg

lpabomm2s12.jpg

Mission accomplished. The team moves through the place to loot weapons and ammunition, encountering, among other things, a Barrett sniper rifle in a trash can.

lpabomm2s13.jpg

Our patriots return to the Bunker. pipka was nearly killed in this mission and will have to be under treatment for a while.

lpabomm2d.jpg

Mission Completed. pipka sniping delivers.

lpabomm2d2.jpg

Every time a mission is successful you can distribute skill points between the four team members. I improve significantly pipka's accuracy as I intend to make a sharpshooter, Chefe has mostly health and thick skin upgrades to become the sturmfrau that draws most fires and charge against the hordes, while Derper and Tails are made as balanced riflemen with mostly reaction increases.

Also, time to explain the abilities. There are 8 team members with special abilities. They are the ability to lay minefields and detonate them, the ability to create forcefields, superhuman strength that gives a serious bonus to throwing weapons, superhuman resilience to damage, special healing ability, "chameleon skin", invisibility and pyrokinesis.

And thus... our current roster:

lpabomm2c.jpg

Others will be added in the next update.

pipka

Savant
More! I hope this LP lasts till the end.
At least, kill one big tentacle monster.
Speaking about monsters, I liked them in this game. Looked forward to fight new types every mission.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom