Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's play Fallout

FeelTheRads

Arcane
KMP-WDM02167313-06-54.jpg

Fallout: BOS, that is. Also known as Fallout: POS or "Oh, GOD, why????"

Oh yeah, bitches. I managed to get my PS2 connected to the computer so I can take screenshots and not-removed-from-inventory this fucker, so let's go!

And before some shithead decides to share with us the existence of emulators: this does not work in an emulator. Nobody cared to support it. Nobody knows about it. It's not even on the list of unsupported games.

Popping the DVD (oh yeah, this is serious business) in the Gaystation takes us to the intro cinematic. A cinematic which is a mish-mash of clips from the Fallout 1 & 2 intros, Civil Defense movies, a skull and even Tactics in-game scenes. From this intro we find out that in the 50s we dreamed of a better world, but shit happens so the war comes, everything is destroyed, mutants arise and the BOS is protecting the wasteland because they're nice people.

The intro done, we are treated with the main menu. Notice the beautifully rendered drapes.
KMP-WDM02354713-07-57.jpg

Since this is the first time playing, let's have a look at the options:
options.jpg

OK, everything seems fine. Vibration is on too. Hanging on the wall we can see a Fallout 2 reference and a sleeping nigger.

Now we can start playing.
In typical Fallout tradition we can choose between three characters.
character.jpg

This may be the most politically correct game ever as you have no option to play a white male. It's either muscular nigger, tramp or the yellow dude.

But first, the tutorial!
tut01.jpg

We get to learn how to play in BOS' own automatic training center. Whoopee. I push X for OK.

We start easy by learning how to move in the four corners of one room but soon get to more complicated stuff like jumping over pipes, ducking under lasers or both. But never jumping over lasers or ducking under pipes.

Hitting lasers means failure:
lasers.jpg

Shit. We are teleported back to the previous checkpoint, though.

Lasers gone, we also get to dodge steam:
pipes.jpg

Jump on irradiated barrels:
barrels.jpg

Leave cool green trails if we get irradiated:
trails.jpg

Knife robots:
knife.jpg

Shoot robots:
shoot.jpg

And fuck the robots, let's get this over with:
finish.jpg

We'll start the real game, with the woman. Another cinematic follows, which tells us about a town named Carbon in which your mission is just to meet some fellow paladins, but in the wasteland nothing is so easy, motherfucker, because this town in attacked by raiders and their... matron.

matron.jpg

Terrifying. These raiders, which are also slavers apparently, want something from the people of this town.
There are only a prostitute, a barman and about 2 other people here, though, so what could these raiders want from them? We don't know, but we know they're gonna be in deep shit if they don't provide.
That's what the matron says and then the raiders leave:
gorgeous.jpg

But they leave Frank behind:
frank.jpg

Raider 2 says Frank is in the bar.

But we'll see Frank next time when we're gonna try to accomplish our mission:
mission.jpg

lightbane

Arcane
So, this is the origin of the Evil, where Bethesduh's failout 3 took inspiration? I wonder if you'll have the guts to take this to the end.

spekkio

Arcane
And before some shithead decides to share with us the existence of emulators: this does not work in an emulator. Nobody cared to support it. Nobody knows about it. It's not even on the list of unsupported games.
It seems that some evil artifacts should stay hidden, away from human eyes and forgotten.

Damn, you have to be a die-hard Fallout fan to buy this game and stomach playing it.

Anyhow, I read on the wiki that the Vault Dweller and Rhombus from FO1 are in this game, and you can play as them later.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Damn, you have to be a die-hard Fallout fan to buy this game and stomach playing it.

Not removed from inventory means pirated. Get your memes right!

Suppression

Novice
My god, this game is such a huge pile of shit.

I played this thing a few years ago and it almost melted my brain.
God, just looking at the screens make me wanna rip my eyes out!

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
the logical evolution of fallout lulz only loosers want 2d turnbased games this is the new shit ffs

FeelTheRads said:
This may be the most politically correct game ever as you have no option to play a white male. It's either muscular nigger, tramp or the yellow dude.

I remember my friends and I joking about the character selection also. What depth!
My god. I think we rented Brotherhood of Steel and actually finished the game in one night over lots of mexican schwag and some Icehouse. Definitely a forgettable, if somewhat nostalgic PS2 classic.

MOAR PLZ!

Pliskin

Arbiter
random_encounter said:
THE EYES THEY BURN

But seriously, MOAR. I've only read what made this game a reviled POS, but now I'll get to see why. You are a brave fan to do this.

Yes, sacrifice yrself that the rest of us may learn from yr example.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
what is this i don't even...

oh, what the hell.

...alright you hunkeous gorges let's go !

Sinestris

Novice
What the fuck? This game actually exists? It's not some sick joke floating around to torment the Fallout 3 tards?

Carry on, good sir. Sacrifice your braincells for the greater good. I'll have some industrial strength brain bleach on standby.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom