Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Play: Rage of Mages 2 (The End)

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Hello there, RPG Codex.

In today's episode of 'Bringing games you've never heard about to the Unwashed Masses', we'll be playing...

8wk4m1.jpg

Just what IS Rage of Mages 2? Well, actually, that's a good question. I'd classify it as a party-based real-time ARPG/hack'n'slash with some added tactical angle and a hell lot of difficulty.

In fact, 'hell lot of difficult' is quite an understatement, and at some points of the game, you'll wish you were never born!

Couldn't find the intro (although it's nothing more than SOME GUY IS RAISING TEH DEAD ON SOME OMINOUS CEMETERY DURING THE NIGHT!!!), but here's a trailer on jewtube to give you the basic idea, although most of that is bollocks (especially non-linear plot, hurr).

Anyway, the starting update will be short, as you'll have to choose a character that will endure the horrible rape magnificent adventures ahead!

rom0001.jpg

That's a cool main menu. Anyway, so you (YES, YOU!) get to choose from...

rom0002.jpg

The faggy male fighter.

rom0003.jpg

The supersexy female bikini fighter.

rom0004.jpg

The milfy female mage.

rom0005.jpg

And the grumpy male mage.

But wait, there's more! Except the sex and class, you also get to choose the weapon/magic school specialization!

For the fighters, they're as follows:

rom0006.jpg

rom0007.jpg

rom0008.jpg

rom0009.jpg

Fighters also start with half their specialization value in shoopin' weapons. They become pretty significant later on, as there are some flying enemies like bats, succubi, and dragons that can't be harmed in melee.

And for the wizards:

rom0010.jpg

rom0011.jpg

rom0012.jpg

rom0013.jpg

While fighters have 10 in shoopin', wizards have 10 in 'astral magic'. These are mostly all-around support spells like healing and magic shield.

So yeah, that's it. Post your prefered sex + class + specialization ITT, and I'll check it after some unspecified time and continue.

Last edited:

Zdzisiu

Arcane
I recently finished RoM 1 and I remember playing RoM 2 to death but I also remember it's uberhuman difficulty in some places.

But it is a nice game and I was looking for way to not remove it from inventory some time ago.

I would choose fighter + axe.

Sovard

Sovereign of CDS
Earth mage, either gender.

Still have the manual and disc in the closet.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Zdzisiu said:
I also remember it's uberhuman difficulty in some places.

And of course, for maximum RAEG, this LP is going to run in the hardest difficulty :smug: (oh God I'm so screwed)

covr

Prophet
Patron
Dear God, I've got some terrible memories with this game.
Also - faggy axeman FTW!

Achilles

Arcane
Did anyone else misread the title as "Rape of Mages"? Anyway, I was dissapoint at first but it seems like a cool game. I say go with the milfy mage and the water sphere.

wjw

Augur
The game is called Rage of Mages...

so...

Grumpy Mage and AIR MAGIC OFCOURSE.
I mean, you can get invisible with air magic.

Invisible = beats everything

Erebus

Arcane
Mage, air. Invisibility is a must. Can you believe it's still only a 2nd-level spell in D&D ?

spekkio

Arcane
Fuck! Updating your own LP makes you miss other funny things... :cry:

Black_Willow

Arcane
Grumpy fire mage - he will pwn everything (except goblins and squirells) with fireballs.
Also - i wish you luck on the quest with catapult. You're gonna fucking need it.

PorkaMorka

Arcane
Female fighter with clubs.

Because I forget how this game works, but the description for clubs makes them sound pretty bad, and she'd look humorous with a big club.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Black_Willow said:
Also - i wish you luck on the quest with catapult. You're gonna fucking need it.

Not only that. There are a couple other superracist quests, like the stone web, magehunters, or hell, anything involving dragons.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Right, I'll let this run for one more day. Gonna start the EPIC ADVENTURE tomorrow, so if anyone still wants to place a character order, you'd better hurry up.

laclongquan

Arcane
Name: Black Cat (Kitty is fine too)

Amazon in bikini with bow and dagger/shortsword.
Or
Female wizardess of water.

The witch costume is not skimpy enough or I would have recommend the mage profession alone...

And it's high time some LP take Black Kitty name in vain. And if you neglect it for long time it would be funny, nya?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom