Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play - Might and Magic 8: Day of the Destroyer(Done!)

DaveO

Erudite
After finishing another LP session, it's off to begin a new game. No, it's not Eternal Dagger. I will likely play ED after going thru this slightly postponed LP entry. I cover five separate videos discussing characters that can be selected, as well as stats and skills. The videos are on my channel below.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaveCaspermeyer

DaveO

Erudite
For the upcoming update, I wanted to let people know that I had a bit of a sound issue when recording. You won't hear the music or sounds except my commentary on the update, but the next series of recordings will have this problem corrected.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
You have spent like 40 minutes of video just to explain stats and characters ? You truly are an elite individual.

DaveO

Erudite
I've been debating redoing the videos due to the sound issues as well as lack of commentary when I enter the dungeon. The two options that I see at the moment are to edit and post what I recorded and upload the edited stuff this weekend or to redo the videos with more commentary and details.

DaveO

Erudite
Video update today with 11 videos starting the Let's Play part of the game. I decided to post my second complete run, but the sound balance is off so my commentary is low while the music and effects are a bit high. I'll test the adjusted sound settings before my next update.

Emprimancer

Novice
Nice work, looking forward to seeing more.

Lots of memories from this game, I believe I ran with a troll and a necromancer last time. It went well for a while, then I got raped entering the crystal(?).

PorkaMorka

Arcane
When I turned it up loud enough to hear your commentary the in game sounds were so loud they hurt my ears.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Yeah the commentary is a little low but this is great.

DaveO

Erudite
I went thru two separate video recordings just to cover my bases on the updates for this week and next. This weekend's update should cover 90 minutes or more and the subsequent update will be around an hour of gameplay.

DaveO

Erudite
I've added 14 more videos to my channel today. I also noticed that I'm nearing 1000 videos, so any requests for the 1K mark?

Much better with the last update.

Watched some more, seems like the music in towns/dungeons sometimes gets a bit loud. Maybe in the next batch you could adjust that.

And for your 1000th video you should do PoD. :D

DaveO

Erudite
I should have some more videos uploaded later today, so sorry about the delay.

DaveO

Erudite
Eight new videos to the compilation with my party exploring Shadowspire, Ironsand Desert and Garrote Gorge before paying for training after doing the easier quests at the places I've visited so far.

DaveO

Erudite
Another update today with more videos, just in case anybody runs out of things to do or watch with the Memorial Day weekend.

DaveO

Erudite
11 new videos for the current LP session. Expect the next update to be longer since I took two separate recordings of significant length. I hope those that are watching are enjoying so far.

DaveO

Erudite
More video updates for today. I'll have to think of what I can do for the #1000 video.

DaveO

Erudite
More videos to update the LP for today. Audio commentary was not successfully recorded, so it saved at least two videos. I posted the #1000 choice on my channel on Friday, and went beyond the 1000 video mark on my channel with the most recent upload.

Monocause

Arcane
What's the trouble with audio? I don't really get it. Can't you do some testing to simply find the correct volume level for both tracks?

DaveO

Erudite
I did make a mistake by not testing microphone audio before the session started, and I'll make sure it does not happen again. You should be able to follow along pretty well without the commentary.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom