Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play Crusader Kings - ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL

Holy Cow

crusaders20100723022054.jpg

mc7a5216d40de4153888b91.jpg
My name is Jorge. I was born 48 years ago in Burgos, in the Kingdom of Castille, and for 40 years I have been a monk in this abbey which will be soon lost to time. I have seen things the seeing have not; I have seen the rot spread through the land, where men's will was mistaken for the will of God. The rash norman has at last conquered the Island, and only the Highest knows how many innocent souls this has cost. I have seen brother fight against brother, son against father, all the while the Holy Land perishes in the hands of the heathen. In the land of the Scots, pagans have sacrificed a holy man to their unholy god. The frankish dynasty of barbarians still wages war amongst themselves, their bloodlust endless.

The Pope sits in his throne, oblivious to the words of our Saviour, and watches on as christian fights against christian.If this is God's Will manifest through God's Word, then God never spoke. It is the first of january of the year of our Lord of 1066. I pray that yet one knight will be born, pure of heart and firm of purpose, to sweep such darkness away from this land. For if only evil men are born in these evil times, then we are truly lost and the Apocalypse is upon us. I can only pray that such a knight will come to the lands of Iberia...and deliver us. Deus vult!

crusaders20100723013545.jpg

INDEX POSTORUM LPEORUM

1. Meet the King and His friendly staff
2. Jew Gold!
3. For the Greater Good of God
4. The King is dead. Long live the King!
5. Parabellum
6. Pater Noster in Caelis
7. Humble origins
8. You're overvaluing the retard, Sire.
9. Sweet Mother of Mercy
10. Gray Eminence
11. Jorge's Letter
12. Family Matters
13. War! What is it good for?
14. La Danza Macabra
15. Heaven is my judge
16. The Loyola Heresy
17. In Medias Res
18. What can change the nature of a Man?

Cassidy

Arcane
Iberia. Drive the infidels back!

I'd suggest Poland, but its geopolitcal situation in 1066 wasn't as bad as it was in 1938.

Quilty

Magister
I'd suggest starting out with Croatia. It might seem easy early on, when all you're doing is uniting your provinces, you don't have any enemies, and killing an infidel now and then isn't too hard, but more often than not in my games Hungary grows huge and hungry, Germany expands quickly and reaches my borders, Byzantium decides it can deal with several enemies and take on even puny little Croatia, and that's about when the raping begins. In addition to the difficulty spike, I think it would be cool for the LP if it started out slow the way Croatia does, because you'd get to explore your characters in peace before all hell breaks loose and focus on banging maids to stock up on heirs.

Anyway, nice choice for an LP, will be following.

Cassidy

Arcane
I insist that you go for an Iberian Duchy. Throw the Per, Muslims into the Spar, Spanish Pit!

Chef_Hathaway

King of the Juice
Patron
White Knight
Divinity: Original Sin BattleTech
What about the Kingdom of Jerusalem? You could try your hand in the holy land, unless you only want to start in 1066 that is.

marooned

Liturgist
Unify Iberia!

Send the muslin back home. Kill the stronger, maim and convert the weakling.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Do You really want to start as a King? Well that makes the early game more interesting.

Good starting choices are:
1. Navarra - relatively isolated from the muslims, Kingdom byt very small and weak.
2. Aargau - county, not interesting itself but ruled by Habsburgs, yes, THOSE Habsburgs.
3. Southern Italian states - rich and rather easy, good for novice players.
4. One of the later electorates of HRE - Duchies, get involved in the Empire, rather powerful.
5. Netherlands - rich areas and a lot of intercatholic warfare.

Cenobyte

Prophet
Yep, take an Iberian country and lead a holy crusade against the infidels in Al-Andalus!

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Iberia, Reconquista!

I hope the Mongols aren't a disappointment this round. They usually are for me.

ironyuri

Is this game not available on any digital distribution network, I really want it now.

Sovard

Sovereign of CDS
Crusader Kings is on Impulse for $5, and Deus Vult is $7.50.

Both on sale right now.

Luzur

Good Sir
you'll notice that AI aggressivenes is set as weakling; that's because anything above that using DVIP's mod makes AIs go crazy and kill themselves idiotically in endless wars (germany will, for instance, fragment itself completely in about four decades or so), also, they will only accept peace if you conquer all of their land, which is idiotic. if anybody knows of a fix for this, i'd appreciate it.

if i remember correctly you can edit some file and change the "make peace" line into what you like, make peace after one province is captured or all provinces captured etc.

but its been awhile since i played around with EU/CK/HOI files so i could be remembering things wrong.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Holy Shit, El Cid is really fantastic! With this martial You should be able to kick muslims out of Iberia in 20 years or less. Seriously, 21 martial should win You battles 10 to 1.

Luzur

Good Sir
you could have forgotten some " or / somewhere, or delete someone with extensive lines into other scenarios/events.

those can greatly fuck-up your game.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Doesn't matter if you change game-files now, since the save game will overwrite them when you restore - so reinstalling can only help if you start fresh. That's with all Paradox games.

Haven't played CK so dunno about the exact files but what Luzur wrote is most likely correct. You should be able to just add stuff as long as you don't run out of tags or slots or numbers, whichever CK uses for people.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom