Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's play Crimewave

Phelot

Arcane
121aplc.jpg

2us8sio.jpg
I AIN'T

35byp2o.jpg
EVEN

2dbt8qg.jpg
MAD

35jfixh.jpg
LP COMING SOON. BE READY.

ironyuri

Phelot! Bro! Go forth to kick ass and chew bubble-gum.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
While the game was fun, I can't see how an LP would work. It was basically a pure side-shooter. Color me intrigued.

Phelot

Arcane
:oops: Due to technical difficulties, we will not be able to proceed with this LP for a bit. For this very same reason, we will not be able to refund your payment. Please be patient. :oops:

Krraloth

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2
WHAT technical difficulties?

Please elaborate. Spekkio here makes work games on platform that aren`t supposed to work.

You`ll have all the technical experience of Fair Codexia at your disposal...unless you`re selling us pathetic excuses...

:x

Phelot

Arcane
Please be patient, real life caught up to me again and I don't have the time to go through and post all these pics along with witty and humorous commentary you've all come to expect from this glorious website. Rest assured, there are almost tits in this game:

34xexd2.jpg

2dbt8qg.jpg
SO LAY OFF THE PHEL-MAN

Next few days. Honest. HONEST!

Rabidredneck

Liturgist
I remember watching folks play this game in the computer lab in high school, the almost naked lady always got a 'Dayum" from someone. At its time, it was a very violent game.

Destroid

Arcane
Where do you buy sweet sunglasses like that? Most shops just have endless supplies of $200 branded generic shit.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Oh man, I so want to see this LP. You better deliver Phel-man !

Phelot

Arcane
AND NOW...

A BURNING FUCKING BUILDING!
2h87o5y.jpg

ACCESS. ACCESS TO AWESOME
6yejr7.jpg

SCREAMING MEN. SUNGLASSES. BITCHES. BLACK HOMIES. NINJAS
330gphj.jpg

ARE YOU DREAMING? FUCK NO ITS CRIMEWAVE
2q24dog.jpg

AWESOME CITYSCA- Actually, I guess I can stop with the extreme talk since the game more then makes up for it. Basically, this is a crappy side scroller made in 1990 that featured videos of the Prez's hawt daughter tied up and half naked.

PROLOGUE: SHE'S TIGHT
2rfyb2a.jpg

"Poweder room" is code for "I'm horny" Chelsea Clinton never dressed like that.
o9ilo9.jpg

The young, nubile daughter suddenly runs into RAPE
4htuyt.jpg

288rt3b.jpg

SO... Our enemy has a name. Eddie.
2gx4v3c.jpg

2l8ewbb.jpg
"Those clowns didn't have a clue what happened"

2l8ewbb.jpg
"We'll be at the warehouse in about five minutes."

MEANWHILE ON THE CRIMEWAVE TELEVISION NETWORK:
n2fq6f.jpg

MEANWHILE: Lucas "99 Problems" McCabe, an Irish-American of short stature, is on a mission to steal as much cocaine and money from criminals as he can. To save the children.
efs5r5.jpg

xgcjsg.jpg

If I save her...
2us8sio.jpg

...She'll have to have sex with me.
2dbt8qg.jpg

2ryq0ic.jpg

KINGPIN?!
2zre22v.jpg
"Yes?"

Nothing... With a tough opponent, McCabe retreats to his inner dark sanctum... And thinks in silence for a moment.
1s1ert.jpg

2lw80ld.jpg

McCabe's magic talking tape recorder whizzes and whirls
8xsxgm.jpg

Being a perv, McCabe downloads nudie pics of the Prez' daughter, Brit. A little known fact: Everytime a President is elected in America, nude photos are taken of their immediate daughters so super secret crime fighters know who to look for if they are ever captured.
dfj7mh.jpg

1z6bj8w.jpg
"SINGLE! Oh boy! Computer, do you think she'd like me? DO you think I'll finally lose my virginity?"

16c7sio.jpg
*BEEP* *BOOP* *BOOP*

1z6bj8w.jpg
"Oh... um... do you think she's been with any black men?"

16c7sio.jpg

1z6bj8w.jpg
"...Nevermind, let's download her nudie pics!"

"My God..."
2v025w3.jpg

"Moar..."
24ycjrc.jpg

"Moar angles!"
i69fmd.jpg

"MOAR!"
2wri8eg.jpg

"MOAR MOAR MOAR!"
wtsv4o.jpg

33jgzzt.jpg

Sexually satisfied, Luke McCabe moves on to track those that took his lover to be.
25sqzwk.jpg

16jhjet.jpg

"Hmmm... I'll need more angles..."
bdw80n.jpg

"Moar... MOAR ANGLES. I NEED THEM"
10fndbt.jpg

"MOAR MOAR"
xdgy1d.jpg

16c7sio.jpg
*BEEP*

1z6bj8w.jpg
"Um... yes well, I needed a good look... to see if I can figure out what kind of sunglasses he has on. They're not as good as mine... Ahem"

nys8bl.jpg

xlmm45.jpg

213rnyu.jpg

Grimdark smoking... but it gets even better. Didn't I mention drugs before?
2hnakbp.jpg

n4ck0k.jpg

spf9cn.jpg

AAAAAAAND finally we're at the main game screen. Crimewave features the world's first and ever "Crime Boss Perspective" in which the game plays on via the perspective of Kingpin's super security system... that he has installed in ghettoes and other assorted shitholes. For some reason.

You'll also notice to the right all the shit that McCabe will be stealing from Kingpin including missiles, bullets, $$$, and of course cocaine: McCabe's fuel and source of mad points that grant him extra lives. FUCK YEAH COKE! Actually, thats what the cash does to, but he uses that on hookers and new shades.
168wi38.jpg

2yyxyiw.jpg

"NO PROB KP!" What kind of Kingpin let's his goons talk to him like that? I also like to assume that those are mullets that these guys are sporting along with jumpsuits that say "KINGPIN" just so they remember who they're working for. This is essentially what real life organized crime is like.
rtkxva.jpg

And that's it for now. That's right, no actual gameplay yet mostly because this shit is time consuming and because taking screenshots in game is incredibly difficult, but I'm getting them. Next update, you'll find out just how bad games can be... stay tuned for:

CHAPTER 1: WE PLAY THE ACTUAL GAME

Lord Rocket

Erudite
When I saw this thread I was like 'being that this is the Codex I bet that thread is about some shithouse crime sim from the mid 90s instead of that SUPER AWESOME side scroller of the same name.' But then I clicked on it and

HOLY SHIT

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Those glasses are awesome. This game is so cheesy it stinks through the net. But its a good pain.

spekkio

Arcane
Can I ask for screenshots without the dosbox frame?

:roll:

You can use internal dosbox screenshot utility (ctrl+f5) or use external programs like HypersnapDX or Fraps...

Except of that:

caringtree.gif
2q8u7lw.jpg

Phelot

Arcane
spekkio said:
Can I ask for screenshots without the dosbox frame?

:roll:

You can use internal dosbox screenshot utility (ctrl+f5) or use external programs like HypersnapDX or Fraps...

Except of that:

caringtree.gif
2q8u7lw.jpg

The problem I have is if I take a screenshot in fullscreen, all the colors turn all inverted and rainbow like, no matter what program I use.

I originally started taking them in DOSBOX, but trying to push ctrl+f5 is pretty tough in this game plus it takes it as a png... I know I can convert it, but I'm pressed for time...

Where is the config file that lets you set key mapping in DOSBOX?

Isn't there a pause button for it as well?

Yeah, there probably need to be some avatars from this game even if it is an action game
2q8u7lw.jpg

spekkio

Arcane
I'm not sure if you can modify such options in DosBox. If you tried other programs and they didn't work, carry on the good fight even with the DosBox window visible. As long as tits are in, everything goes...

:salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom