Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GAHAHAHA - The Fall of the House of Tanegashima!

Reject_666_6

Arcane
alice.png

Like I promised, Mrowak and I are going to do some spin-off LPs of the Codex's favourite rape game - Sengoku Motherfucking Rance. I'm going to do the Isoroku route, which means that the thread title was p accurate.

Note that this'll be a blind LP, sorta. I've finished the game several times, but I've never played the Isoroku route and never on 5* difficulty.

Now let's get this started:
Rance1.jpg

This is what we have to work with here. The points you finish with at the end of a playthrough are added to this pool, which you can use to pick bonuses for the next game, etc.

Rance2.jpg
Rance3.jpg

We're going to start with two family bonuses here, Uesugi and Houjou (the only ones I have *forever alone*) and every miscellaneous one there is. If you don't pick the National Power ones, you'll basically start with less NP than your army has, so you can't recruit anyone and you can't increase army sizes past a certain point. Gold is also necessary because you'll need it to support this many troops. Operation Permits let you use regiments of over 1000 units to capture or recapture areas on their own without wasting action fans, so they'll only come into play much later when we'll have these kinds of spare 1000+ troop units. Action fans are cool.

Now for the random items we can get:
Rance4.jpg

Necessary in higher difficulties - sure you get it eventually anyway, but you're going to be taking a lot of casualties early on without it. Especially useful versus Taganashima house which can wipe out units in one hit.

Rance5.jpg
Rance6.jpg

Some stat-buffing items, and Rance's Love for auto-clearing somebody I won't be using in combat much.

Rance7.jpg

And now we're ready to begin the epic journey to conquer Japan and fuck every woman we come across!

I'll skip the fluff talk in the beginning because it's the same as in WhiskyWolf's LP. But I will summarise: We're in a fantasy version of Japan, and Oda Nobunaga has a revolt on his hands. Rance and his sex-slave Sill were looking for some hot springs in Japan when they were called to help in the battle.

Rance8.jpg

It seems I got lucky buffs form the tactician - Shibata got INT and DEF buffed, the essential stats for footsoldiers if you want to keep casualties down.

Rance9.jpg

Took care of that pretty fast, with only 38 casualties.

Winning that, Oda Nobunaga, being the pacifist pussy that he is, appoints Rance as the unofficial ruler of Oda while he follows his calling in life - cooking.

Anyway, let's review ou--
Rance10.jpg

:rage:

We're already at war with two of the strongest houses. Well, I guess we better prepare for war, comrades.
Poster013.jpg

This has been a teaser! We will commence with Turn 1 very soon!

Cenobyte

Prophet
Re: GAHAHAHA Let's fuck some archers!

Reject_666_6 said:

Winter Alice :o

I'll follow this lp, haven't played any other routes than the true route so far

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
I'm out, still need to play the other routs. Don't want to spoil myself.

Good, fucking luck anyway.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Carry on noble warrior :salute:

Are you going for a full LP or like me half-playthrough?

Reject_666_6

Arcane
Full-on, balls to the wall LP after I reach the Honnou Temple event. Till then, I'll breeze through it because it's nothing really new.

Mrowak

Arcane
Reject_666_6 said:
Full-on, balls to the wall LP after I reach the Honnou Temple event. Till then, I'll breeze through it because it's nothing really new.

Precisely.

Isoroku's route is :love:

Reject_666_6 said:
Till then, I'll breeze through it because it's nothing really new.

but I've never played on 5* difficulty.

rancelaughter.jpg

I'll quote myself on Mrowak's LP:

Good luck with that. FYI, most effective way to win battles is to just play the morale meter while mostly defending so you don't take ridiculous casualties. Also, buffs are really important since they are pretty much the only way to equalize the manpower disparity. Not having the Takeda means you want to get strong tacticians to do both of these. In any case, strong commanders are going to be much more important then strong unit sizes because enemy unit sizes are partially scaled to your own.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
I was hoping for a page two, but you motherfuckers let me down... :(

But it's no problem, there are very few pics in each turn, so there will be no bandwidth issues. Now let's start this poop.

------------------------------ Turn 1 ------------------------------

The first thing I'm gonna do is establish a prison for the safety of our glorious land.
Rance11.jpg

The following conversation is then triggered (streamlined for the largest possible audience):

Kou.png
There's a prison up ahead that's been abandoned for some time. We should use it!
ranceA.png
You mean in case of rapists and stuff?
Kou2.png
No, of course not! The prison is for enemy commanders we capture in battle.
ceeLoGreen.png
Can I rapes some woman prisoners, boss?
ranceA.png
Not really, they're all mine!
ceeLoGreen.png
Fuck you, boss.

Next step is to visit Kou at the tea-house. In case you haven't read the original LP, Kou is Oda Nobunaga's little sis - a far more competent ruler that he is. She's also way too young for rape, so she's off limits until at least Rance IX.
Rance12.jpg

ranceA.png
Your food is horrible!
Kou.png
Sorry, it's because cooking dango is what I suck at most in life. Hey, you should talk to some of the regulars here - they might be useful for the army!
ranceA.png
You're probably right. If they're regulars here then they must not fear death - the second-best kind of soldier!

Ok, and for our last fan we will increase the lifespan of one of Kou's victims, Fuuka. She's a miko and probably the only miko we'll have for a while (I'm not recruiting Aki), so she'll be very useful for healing troops in battle and keeping replenishment costs low. Also, we'll need her for fighting Orochi, yadda yadda, it's all Mrowak's fault!
Rance24.jpg

Mmmmmm... *rape face*
Rance25.jpg

Kou.png
Have some more dango! It's on the house this time too!
fuukaA.png
Get away form me, you crazy whore!
ranceA.png
Hai guise, wats goin on?
fuukaA.png
That Oda kid is trying to poison me! Can you please help?
ranceB.png
That depends... Have you ever fucked a man before?
fuukaA.png
To tell you the truth, I don't know. You see, I suffer from... AMNESIA!!
180px-Calculon-2.JPG

ranceA.png
Close enough.

Rance36.jpg

That's it for day 1, brohams. Tune in tomorrow for the thrilling conclusion to our story of Turn 2, and find out the shocking cliffhanger that awaits us for Turn 3!

Black

Arcane
3 Rance LPs...
RPG Codex, putting the Rape back into RPG.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
And we're now at turn two, where we can actually start playing the game properly!

------------------------------ Turn 2 ------------------------------

Rance37.jpg

First thing we're gonna do is take a look at our mighty army.
Rance38.jpg

It's actually pretty pathetic! Rance's unit is under-manned and comprised mostly of various conscripts and transvestites instead of real soldiers. We'll fix the second thing later, but for now let's buff Rance's unit to 400 men.
Rance39.jpg

And now for our first step towards world domination!
Rance40.jpg

bowDude.png
Oda have just declared war on us! Every man for himself!
autumn.png
No, you're going to fight to save me, got it?
bowDude.png
Yes, of course...
autumn.png
And give me more money.
bowDude.png
Yes, of course...

Ok, now let's attack as soon as we can:
Rance48.jpg

We don't need to use 6 units at first. I could easily win even without Fuuka, but she'll keep the casualties low if I have her tag along.
Rance49.jpg

Survivors? Unacceptable!
Rance51.jpg

Final fan - botan hunting!
Rance52.jpg

ranceA.png
Despite your generally genocidal cooking, that soup you make is pretty good.
Kou.png
Thank you! When I was tried for crimes against humanity last year, that soup actually wasn't on the list of charges.
ranceA.png
Can you into more, please?
Kou.png
Sure, but I need more botan blood and entrails. Could you go slaughter some and bring me the remains?
ranceB.png
GAHAHAHAHAHA--

Now this really is overkill!
Rance53.jpg

Rance54.jpg

Before you start thinking that there was no point to this, in fact we get 500 gold from the extra sales from the soup.
Rance55.jpg

After we end the turn, a surprise attack comes from Hara house!
Rance56.jpg

This is overkill again.
Rance57.jpg

The bright side is that I lost less than 20 troops in the whole battle, so overkill FTW!
Rance58.jpg

Kou.png
That's all for now, folks! I'd continue the story, but I have some customers to... take care of, at the moment!

Cenobyte

Prophet
Hehe, those small animal hunts are always funny, and in the case of the bears there it even gives you a damn good item, iirc

Mrowak

Arcane
Reject_666_6 said:
I think that going turn by turn is way too slow, so I'll be making one huge update spanning 7 turns sometime today.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I also need to speed things up. Otherwise we're going to spend a couple of months before we reach the second phase of our respective playthroughs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom