Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's succeed a Dwarf Fortress! [Krash-ing for Fun!]

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
title.png

Slaves to Codexia: Histories of Butthurt and Decline

Codexia.jpg

List of Chapters:

Succession Order:
  • 1- Krash
    2- Zdzisiu
    3- GarfunkeL
    4- Destroid
    5- Berekän
    6- Muty
    7- JagreenLern
    8- Cassidy

Build Used: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2511

Code:
[WORLD_GEN]
	[TITLE]
	[CUSTOM_NAME]
	[DIM:65:65]
	[EMBARK_POINTS]
	[END_YEAR]
	[BEAST_END_YEAR:100:80]
	[REVEAL_ALL_HISTORY]
	[CULL_HISTORICAL_FIGURES]
	[ELEVATION:1:400:202:202]
	[RAINFALL:0:100:101:101]
	[TEMPERATURE:25:75:101:101]
	[DRAINAGE:0:100:101:101]
	[VOLCANISM:0:100:101:101]
	[SAVAGERY:0:100:101:101]
	[ELEVATION_FREQUENCY:1:1:1:1:1:1]
	[RAIN_FREQUENCY:1:1:1:1:1:1]
	[DRAINAGE_FREQUENCY:1:1:1:1:1:1]
	[TEMPERATURE_FREQUENCY:1:1:1:1:1:1]
	[SAVAGERY_FREQUENCY:1:1:1:1:1:1]
	[VOLCANISM_FREQUENCY:1:1:1:1:1:1]
	[MINERAL_SCARCITY]
	[MEGABEAST_CAP]
	[SEMIMEGABEAST_CAP]
	[TITAN_NUMBER]
	[TITAN_ATTACK_TRIGGER:80:0:100000]
	[DEMON_NUMBER]
	[NIGHT_CREATURE_NUMBER]
	[GOOD_SQ_COUNTS:6:63:127]
	[EVIL_SQ_COUNTS:6:63:127]
	[PEAK_NUMBER_MIN]
	[PARTIAL_OCEAN_EDGE_MIN]
	[COMPLETE_OCEAN_EDGE_MIN]
	[VOLCANO_MIN]
	[REGION_COUNTS:SWAMP:66:0:0]
	[REGION_COUNTS:DESERT:66:0:0]
	[REGION_COUNTS:FOREST:264:0:0]
	[REGION_COUNTS:MOUNTAINS:528:0:0]
	[REGION_COUNTS:OCEAN:528:0:0]
	[REGION_COUNTS:GLACIER:0:0:0]
	[REGION_COUNTS:TUNDRA:0:0:0]
	[REGION_COUNTS:GRASSLAND:528:0:0]
	[REGION_COUNTS:HILLS:528:0:0]
	[EROSION_CYCLE_COUNT]
	[RIVER_MINS:25:25]
	[PERIODICALLY_ERODE_EXTREMES]
	[OROGRAPHIC_PRECIPITATION]
	[SUBREGION_MAX]
	[CAVERN_LAYER_COUNT]
	[CAVERN_LAYER_OPENNESS_MIN]
	[CAVERN_LAYER_OPENNESS_MAX]
	[CAVERN_LAYER_PASSAGE_DENSITY_MIN]
	[CAVERN_LAYER_PASSAGE_DENSITY_MAX]
	[CAVERN_LAYER_WATER_MIN]
	[CAVERN_LAYER_WATER_MAX]
	[HAVE_BOTTOM_LAYER_1]
	[HAVE_BOTTOM_LAYER_2]
	[LEVELS_ABOVE_GROUND]
	[LEVELS_ABOVE_LAYER_1]
	[LEVELS_ABOVE_LAYER_2]
	[LEVELS_ABOVE_LAYER_3]
	[LEVELS_ABOVE_LAYER_4]
	[LEVELS_ABOVE_LAYER_5]
	[LEVELS_AT_BOTTOM]
	[CAVE_MIN_SIZE]
	[CAVE_MAX_SIZE]
	[MOUNTAIN_CAVE_MIN]
	[NON_MOUNTAIN_CAVE_MIN]
	[ALL_CAVES_VISIBLE]
	[SHOW_EMBARK_TUNNEL]
	[TOTAL_CIV_NUMBER]
	[TOTAL_CIV_POPULATION]
	[SITE_CAP]
	[PLAYABLE_CIVILIZATION_REQUIRED]
	[ELEVATION_RANGES:528:1056:528]
	[RAIN_RANGES:264:528:264]
	[DRAINAGE_RANGES:264:528:264]
	[SAVAGERY_RANGES:264:528:264]
	[VOLCANISM_RANGES:264:528:264]

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Prologue: Codexia

fair_codexia.jpg

A look into the world map reveals that dwarven mountainhomes are located in the small mountainous peninsula to the southeast, from the regions known as the Wayward Crest to the Robust Walls. Further to the south, more dwarves eek out a living amidst the Glacier of Standing, in the region known as the Released Walls. Perhaps they wish to preserve their ancestral lifestyle, or perhaps the fear of the goblin consumes their every waking moment...

Our fated enemies, the goblins, built a dark fortress just to the north of the mountainhomes, although the main body is located far to the west, to the other side of the great mountain range known as the Blind Wall. Even goblins deserve a better living than dwarves, it seems.

Humans and elves have colonized most of Codexia, the latter showing a preference to forests close to the Reticent Sea to the northwest. Most likely to sate their awful fetish for maritime fauna. :mhd:

A look at the early history of Codexia shows that not all is well. Goblin military might, bolstered by the infernal power of demonic overlords, has been a great thorn in the sides of most sentient races, and the elves and their pets too, which they kill by the hundreds. Notice the difference in losses and the animals involved.

elf_faggotry.jpg

It should be noted however, that it is not uncommon for demons to lead humans in the charge against their goblinoid enemies. Codexia will be a candidate to exterminatus if mankind persists on Chaos worship. :(

bear_fiend.jpg

In fact, humans are a rather savage bunch at this stage, who have taken a hint from elven warfare and bring feline war creatures to the fray. It should be noted that humans have benefited from the switch to bear cavalry tactics. :smug:

kitty_cat_dance.jpg

As have the elves. Pansies that they are, they still get killed like flies to a lamp.

dwarf_bear_cavalry.jpg

As can be seen when the flimsy little fags try to pull their shit on anyone.

pansies.jpg

Elves give bear cavalry a bad name. :decline:

bad_bear_cavalry.jpg

And the dwarves, you ask? They have been limited to small scale warfare. All victories, obviously. Pronouncing an instance of dwarven defeat is HERESY!!

dwarven_bitterness.jpg

Heresy I say! :cry:

These less than optimal outcomes so early in the history of dwarfkind would become taboo among the later generations of Dwarven historians. Eclipsing these tall tales of goblin domination would be the tale of Dakost Waxgilt, Father of the Dwarven Warrior, who trekked the Released Walls in his search for the Roc Bungek Nutspants :)lol:), who looked at him funny from atop the cloudy, stormy skies of of the Wayward Crest. Such a fine example of dwarfhood would not let such a minor slight go without retribution. For seven days and nights, Dakost withdrew from society, engraving the walls of his bedroom with images of oversized frying pans and the most disgusting fried chickens ever seen by any sentient being. He broke his retreat from his brothers in dwarfity with a deafening howl, and stormed out of the mountainhomes wielding nothing but a carving fork. Nothing could stop him as he paved a road with the blood of any foolish enough to take him on, towards the nest of Nutspants. With the rocky stoicism born of a life of hardship and toil, he endured the swooping attacks of the avian beast upon his small, but indomitable self without a mutter of discomfort, not even when the beast severed his left foot. With the patience and focus of a prowling tiger, he never allowed his focus to shift from his quarry, ever-looking for an opening amidst the rain of talons. And his patience and perseverance were rewarded when the over-confident bird recklessly swallowed him whole. It thought it could have his blood. But instead it drowned in its own, as Dakost carved his way out of the innards of the beast with his trusty fork, bloodlust lending his eyes a frightful ember. The gods of Codexia themselves were driven to manly tears at the outcome of the duel, and in that moment they realized that there was yet hope for a world racked with demonic worship and elven faggotry. It is for this reason, dwarves enter martial trances and are prone to artistic moods which they must fulfill no matter what. These are gifts of the Heavens to dwarfity, that they may lead Codexia to a future free of demons and heretics, a world where "elf" is a word all but forgotten, a perfect, monocle world!

dakost_the_mighty.jpg

Ask any dwarven historian, and he shall tell this tale. More objective historians of the other races will tell you that there was indeed a dwarf named Dakost Waxgilt, who in a time where monstrous creatures gripped the world with fear, defeated the giant rock Nutspants :)lol:) at the age of twelve. What dwarven historians occult, is his foolhardy insistence of a life of adventuring after the loss of his foot in a time where prostheses were but a funny thought entertained in the bathroom (which in turn was the nearest shallow puddle). He was unceremoniously slain by the freak of the night Spos Fataltunnels roughly a year after his victory. But such an ending is but an elven myth, to lessen the courage and testicular diameter of dwarfhood! Dakost ascended to divinity! All other explanations are HERESY!

There are also reports of a expedition of dwarves that tried to establish an outpost called Raptorcraft. Little is known about this attempt but the rumours speak of the madness of their leader, who tried to rebel against the same nature of Dwarves, claiming that his own companions were just "a hovel of sexual deviants, pompous fools and bigots".

Then the outpost fell into oblivion. The only thing that is known about it it's the name that was chosen for their leader,
The Master of Butthurt"

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Photobucket does maintenance or is butthurt :) maybe use the Codex picture library thingie ? Will read when images start to work again. Good to see this going, should have been done long ago.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Move me somewhere to the middle of the list, I will not be able to do any serious LP for this week.

Even if Im not gonna follow this, it would be fitting to add the the "IMMA QUITING THE CODEX CAUSE U ARE EVIL" rant of that fag as intro/warning to fellow adventurers. =P

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I beleive I may have found us a suitable embark site! :salute:

6sekb.png

Dwarves, Goblins, Humans and Elves as neighbours. We will have to be strong to resist the enroachment of multikult.

I had a quick looksee using the lazy newb pack default setup. The game prophetically named the fortress Anusblaze and the embark group The Blades Of Despair. It looks like the nearby stream is rich in zombie carp and alligator.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Seeing as Zdzisiu can't do it right now, I'll move him two positions in the list. It's Krash's turn then, I'll send him a PM to give him the news. I'm also adding Yeesh to the list.

About the Photobucket issue, I'll steal recover the images and upload them to my Picasa account when they're done with the maintenance.

pajak713

Educated
Black Bart Charley said:
Even if Im not gonna follow this, it would be fitting to add the the "IMMA QUITING THE CODEX CAUSE U ARE EVIL" rant of that fag as intro/warning to fellow adventurers. =P

Well you can't really blame that poor guy. Objectively speaking, every single person around this site is evil in some way. :)

In the topic of the LP - please do, for the great glory, achive your goals this time. Because of my general ineptness, I won't participate, but it will be just fine to watch. I still have much to learn in Dwarf Buttrape.

Micmu

Magister
Terrifying surroundings and shit biome? This is might be rapefest, but very fun. At least, it was for me. I'll have to start playing it again one day, with some mega defenses and to see what's new in new version.
Awesome LP, btw. If you have enough stamina, this is going to be a 100-pager!!

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
It's probably more FUN than we can handle, I agree. :P I can't speak for anyone else in the succession order, but I'm fairly crap at DF.

poocolator

Erudite
The Order of Discalced Codexian Convulsionists
I'd bitch about lack of aquifer, but watching people spend their turns digging through it might have been a chore.

I suppose plans for the slaughter of Elvish traders/diplomats have been finalized, no?

Ulminati said:
It's probably more FUN than we can handle, I agree. :P I can't speak for anyone else in the succession order, but I'm fairly crap at DF.
No worries, bro.
I've been playing for a while, but am still thoroughly disappointed with my fortresses, even though I can easily keep them afloat.
But they're lifeless.

Krash

Arcane
Yes we have :smug:

Just need to figure out photobucket, then I'll start us up

EDIT: So should I choose the embark site?

Also; suggestions for starting build? I kinda know what's optimal, but half the fun is embarking with a mismatched, retarded bunch

EDIT 2: :x every good fucking site I find lacks real danger

Krash

Arcane
Yes but no mountains :decline:

Will look a little more, but if I don't find a nice spot I'll pick yours

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I found several decent locations with either shallow or deep metals, flux stone, a river and some clay. Most of them aren't haunted or terrifying though :(

That said, going for MAXIMUM RAEP is likely to end the LP prematurely, since most of us are fairly inexperienced at DF

Krash

Arcane
You're right, maybe I'll pick a slightly more forgiving place.

Another thing: should I turn off/lessen skill/attribute rot? Otherwise all dwarves will turn into slow, weak, obese goblin fodder eventually.

EDIT: Whatev, for the sake of great codexia, I will!

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
The fun of a fortress really depends more on the person playing it than the embark location.

A friend of mine sited his fortress in a happy, enchanted forest and built his entire economy around the capture and industrialized slaughter of fairies and unicorns.

:love:

Krash

Arcane
I have some dwarves left to claim if anyone's interested;
- a short, fat miner who likes devourers and prefers familiar routine
- an emerald eyed carpenter/mason/armorsmith who detests bats and is concerned about rejection and ridicule
- a muscular stone crafter/mechanic with a long mustache who likes platinium and admires tradition
- an incredibly tough, peach skinned cook/grower who likes swamp wiskey and duck and dislikes intellectual discussions

EDIT: oh, and first update coming up!

Krash

Arcane
The following are extracts from the diaries of Estilerith and his companions, from the early days of Anusblaze.

Estilerith’s diary, 28th of Obsidian

Were finally here! There’s cattle roaming about, a river to quench our thirst (urgh) until some proper drinks are brewed, and my honed senses tell me that a veritable land of plenty lies just under our feet. My fellow dwarves appear skeptical, but who are they to speak? They haven’t even had a crash course in fort establishment.
I must confess I’m a bit disappointed in the quality of my entourage. But mother said this was a very honorable mission, and I must persevere no matter what. Our mountain halls will soon rival that of the Strong Shields, of that I am certain!

01Embarklocation.jpg

02StriketheEarth.jpg

Estilerith’s diary, 1st of Granite

Anusblaze...

Who in their right mind would even think of a name like that!? But the others insist and without hammerer I can’t explain to them why they’re wrong. How infuriating!

Estilerith’s diary, 4th of Granite

The most competent dwarf present - me of course - has taken over the role of Broker and Manager. We are in the process of unloading the food from our wagon, while JagreenLern digs an entrance where we will put it. Who knows what horrors stalk these mountains at night? I have doubts about our axedwarf R00fles’ ability to defend my person, he seems to have taken a blow or two too many to the head and is only able to use a single word.

03StartingUp.jpg

JagreenLern’s diary, 14th of Granite

Found some schorls digging the entrance. That dumbass Estilerith was overjoyed. He’s taken to calling himself Master Estilerith like some mountainhome bigshot and wants us to do the same, but we’ve altered his title a little. I can barely keep myself from chuckling when I address him.

04Estilerith.jpg

Estilerith’s diary, 25th of Granite

I don’t know what gypsum is, but JagreenLern tells me we found a lot of it. I knew this was the perfect spot for a fort!

JagreenLern’s diary, 28th of Granite

We’ve had a meeting without Estilerith’s so we can get something done. That idiot doesn’t know anything about anything anyway.
We came up with a good name for our group: the Sprayed Towers of Stirring. Fits just fine with Anusblaze if you ask me.

bandaid

Educated
- a muscular stone crafter/mechanic with a long mustache who likes platinium and admires tradition

Long mustache? Count me in. Or maybe call him Mario.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom