Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Space... The Anal Frontier (Space Rangers 2 Blind Ironman)

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
These are the Journeys of the Space Rangers of Codexia. Their ongoing mission: To seek out strange new worlds. To LARP with new NPCs. To boldly Pop Moles that noone could be arsed to pop before!

Brave new recruits
Code:
Name:                Race:               Class:
Lord Paco            Human               Pirate
Korenzel             Gaalian             Fighter
Cmdr. Sherpa         Faeyan              Corsair
Pope Amole           Peleng              Pirate
Azira                  Human                 Merchant

Fallen Heroes :salute:
Code:
Name:                          Fate:
Captain Skyway                 Defeated by mighty training Drone
Sargeant Hartman               Gangraped by lusty pirates
Hellraiser                     Flew into the motherfucking death star
K. Slips                       Shot by a prison guard

Chapter Select
Skyway: Tutorial Mission: Boring, Banal, Shit!
Hartman: Assuming direct control!
Hartman: Sgt Hartman vs the Wall of Text
Hartman: Treachery on Menna Geacine
Hartman: Hubris and Nemesis
Hellraiser: Like sex: Quick, brutal and not that satisfying.
K. Slips: ...And they took my platinum chip, too!
Lord Paco: Working for The Man
Lord Paco: Level up get!
Lord Paco: Lord of murder

Let's Play: Space Rangers 2: Reboot!

Check out the awesome voice acting in the intro on jewtube

This will be a blind LP on ironman. I grabbed this game on the steam summer sale. I haven't read the manual, but I'm sure with my superior aryan genes I'll breeze through this easily. Applications are now open for brave Codexian Pilots to voulenteer themselves to share the glory when we inevitably bang hot blue space chicks, grap space collars and pop space moles. First come, first serve, until I complete the game or get bored with it! To get us all started, I've "voulenteered" one of our most distinguished KKKodexian gentlemen.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Here we see the character generation screen. Further brave pilots wishing to sign up will note the vast Choice & Consequence they get to pick from here.
There are 5 races: Maloq, Peleng, Human, Freyan and Garlian. I've no idea what they do, but I've been informed that aliens are boring, banal, shit. So Human it is!
After that, we get 5 classes to choose from, each of which has a different starting ship. Skyway went with Mercenary to better pop those moles.
You can also tag 2 skills to start with and pick 2 pieces of upgraded equipment. Since I have literally just installed this game, I just leave the defaults there. I assume they're ok.
rzo76.jpg

Ooooh. The suspense! Apparently the Moles we're popping are Called Dominators. I wonder if there are chest-high planets to stick to in space.
ZQfaj.jpg

TEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXT. So far this game is wordier than Planescape: Torment. Not sure if incline.
s22Wu.jpg

IYQjr.jpg

Tutorial mission get! At least I get a chance to familiarize myself with the game before buttraep ensues.
zQxPT.jpg

L6JzH.jpg

Before taking off, let's look at our ship. I notice the modules we selected at character creation are in the storeage on the left.
HNTa8.jpg

We install them on the ship. For some reason, there's a shitload of minerals too. Since we've nowhere near enough spacein the cargo bay, I sell them.
k0cZt.jpg

A bunch of upgrades are available for purchase. I breifly entertain the idea of getting an extra Laz0r. Eventually I decide to wait until after the tutorial before buying shit. I mean, how hard can this be?
f2XBt.jpg

Mr Skyway, take us to Warp Speed! :salute:
Itl0b.jpg

We've disengaged from the space station. the small ship in the middle of the screen is us. There's a convenient minimap in the upper right, which we use to find earth.
q9MA5.jpg

Clicking earth plots a course for us. Notice the 4. That means it'll take our ship 4 days to get there. In space, everything proceeds in turns. :incline:
FAzIY.jpg

1092 million? I guess earth finally got around to killing off all the sandniggers.
9ISw6.jpg

We receive our quest from the mysterious old man in the tavern. It's a fedex.
lGeLv.jpg

Hykkf.jpg

Zbjd1.jpg

I guess Thumbs up means "this is a good price". Modern games are so streamlined and handholding it's almost insulting. </skyway>
ZruBb.jpg

This cannon actually looks sort of neat. It takes up less space than our Laz0r, deals more damage and has a longer range. I'm discouraged by the angry red number at the bottom. That said, soon as the tutorial is over, we're going to go shopping for some serious weaponry.
TC5i7.jpg

There's a galaxy news ticker with events from all over the place. This is actually pretty neat. Gives a sense of the game being alive.
zavvO.jpg

Our holds brimming with drugs medicines, we set a course for Venus
6spPH.jpg

A neat profit to please our inner jew
rq5rx.jpg

Back to questgiver
MXE76.jpg

PekWT.jpg

Ah, target practice. Time to show off our skills, honed through hours of realistic ARMA simulation
fAtcD.jpg

Target locked! Fire all forward photon torpedoes!
kLCxm.jpg

8Bs28.jpg

We mark the mineral fragments for collection before returning to earth
QRqTC.jpg

4Bo5r.jpg

niTb2.jpg

I muck about for a few minutes, wasting valuable time before discovering the galaxy map button.
3YIGK.jpg

Engaging hyperspace drive.
7ZLr0.jpg

:what:
EI56U.jpg

We're greeted by the identical twin (or possibly clone) of Nameless Quest Guy from earth. Our mission, should we choose to accept it, is to destroy a practice drone. Good thing we have our industrial laz0r and years of ARMa experience. This'll be a snap.
oIrtJ.jpg

GJIyV.jpg

Such a polite little skeet for us to shoot.
9GQq2.jpg

Hovering your cursor over an object shows you its flight path. We plot a course to intercept it and pepper it with laz0rbeamz.
5k4Qb.jpg

Some random guy is obviously impressed with our superior piloting skillz
Kez0L.jpg

Target in range, weapons locked! Fire at will! Pew! Pew! Pew!
bn4WM.jpg

The battle rages for many turns. Small floating numbers next to the ships inform us of the horrific realities of war.
L20YR.jpg

We're taking quite the beating from the drone. No matter, we got plenty of credits to spare for repairs afterwards.
lXMQK.jpg

oyuJt.jpg

The drones hiull is critical! Soon the sweet sensation of success will be ours!
DcdLQ.jpg

KABOOM!
4m0T3.jpg

Wait, what?
TFGAV.jpg

So ends the grand adventures of Captain Skyway. He fought well, but the training drone was simply too strong an opponent for him. :salute: :honourblade:
VuhzU.jpg

It looks like I am going to need voulenteers. Lots of them.

spekkio

Arcane
I haven't read the manual, but I'm sure with my superior aryan genes I'll breeze through this easily.
:thumbsup:

In before heavy raep.

So ends the grand adventures of Captain Skyway. He fought well, but the training drone was simply too strong an opponent for him.
Fake edit: In after.

Code:
Sergeant Hartman

Human

Mercenary

Tag Accuracy & Maneuverability

Upgrade Hull & Engine

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Right, take two. Spekkios alter ego, Sargeant Hartman will no doubt fare better. :salute:

spekkio said:
Code:
Sergeant Hartman

Human

Mercenary

Tag Accuracy & Maneuverability

Upgrade Hull & Engine

I should probably have listed skills and equipment in the last post as well. I can't find an option to upgrade the hull. These are the options you can tag:

Skills (pick 2):
Accuracy, Maneuverability, Equipment, Trading Charisma and Leadership.

Equipment (pick 2):
Fuel tank, engine, radar, scanner, droid, gripper, protection shield, industrial laser, fragment weapon, lezka, rocket launcher, tretone

I'm not sure if other races/classes get different upgrades to choose from I forgot to check. :/

Since I couldn't find a hull anywhere, I went with a tretone. I've no fucking clue what it does. This is the only way I'm going to find out, since reading the manual is for fags.
:rpgcodex:
5Bq8t.jpg

We'll be skimming over the tutorial bits that Skyway already did. I'll just highlight differences from skyways run, since I get the sinking feeling I wil be doing this tutorial a couple of times. Starting out the "Tretone" from character generation turned into a "Rethone" ingame. :mystery:
eQ1Yx.jpg

Anyway, looks like it's a laz0r with a pretty decent range that slows shit down. This is sure to help us in our upcoming epic clash versus the dread training drone. :incline:

I notice installing the new weapon decreased our cargo space. Apparently "space" is shared between cargo and modules. Good to know. I'll have to find a bigger ship ASAP.

The galaxy is created anew for every new game. Pretty neat.
ffkTW.jpg

ENGAGING HYPERSPACE DRIVE! :what:
mK1H9.jpg

Immediately upon exiting hyperspace, we collide with an asteroid that takes a generous chunk out of our hitpoints. :fistshake:

Our old nemesis sits in the space dock, silently taunting us.
gYmGU.jpg

We exit the space dock and are immediately hailed by some random guy asking us to help him with a pirate ship. Suitably humbled from our past encounter with the Dread Training Drone, we fake a radio malfunction and close the channel.
5nPUO.jpg

You will notice our ship is at the top. It has exited orbit right next to an asteroid, which subsequently collides with us dealing a ton of damage to our ship. What the fuck does this game have against me!?
pdLEw.jpg

APO69.jpg

Thankfully we now have two guns. The drone loses hitpoints at a far greater rate than we do, and I feel confident in my success.

The battle rages back and forth, until finally
8qXJN.jpg

mZhmC.jpg

R4owY.jpg

Se4eW.jpg

:yeah:

Another ranger is suitably impressed with our epic victory and offers to join our party!
kZ1J8.jpg

A9aeC.jpg

We took quite a beating. If that's what a training drone can do to us, I don't even dare think what an actual ship will do. Before plotting a jump to earth, I find somewhere to dock for repairs before another random asteroid finishes me off.
51HAn.jpg

Ss2so.jpg

Er, life insurance sounds like it migh become relevant.
VQuTE.jpg

kzviG.jpg

My family? Fuck them. Decline!
iJrly.jpg

While repairing the ship, I notice this hull is for sale. I make a mental note that a new hull is #1 priority.
afv2C.jpg

Returning to earth, we finish the tutorial. The government representative also lets slip where we can get some cheap drugs if we're into that sort of thing. Nudge, nudge. Wink, wink.
CCTVA.jpg

qTilM.jpg

b5d4U.jpg

50CAw.jpg

Since we're here anyway, we may as well see if there's any work for us
K36Nl.jpg

Wait, what? Production facility? What's this?
o55m5.jpg

:what:

Suddenly the game turns 3D and real time. This came as quite the surprise to me. Incline of not reading the manual I guess.
eQeuF.jpg

You can build robots out of various components, equipping different chassises and weapons to them. This is actually pretty god damn neat. It's a feature I wish more RTS games would copy. (I know of 2 or 3 games who did, but more of them should, I say).
Oelta.jpg

I cram a shitload of weapons onto the biggest and meanest chassis I could find. Overkill is the way to go in my experience.
0tpcz.jpg

We pump a batch of robots out. SO far this all seems like a fairly standard RTS fare, until I notice the big, yellow button in the lower-right.
CoOTj.jpg

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL!
Me2harbinger.png

5FVpY.jpg

THIS GAME IS AWESOME!

Sadly, one robot is not awesome enough to take out an entire base, so I send the remainder of my robots up in regular RTS mode to finish the job. The base quickly falls and we claim it for the glory of Codexia!
tH9SC.jpg

Wfw2c.jpg

MJN11.jpg

Our damaged robots then make a suicidal push on towards the next base with disastrou results.
FVDBM.jpg

I go back and tinker with the robot design, making sure they have sone long range weaponry, as well as a stun gun to reduce incoming fire. The Raepbot Mk II is born.
pT0kJ.jpg

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL!
QqDM9.jpg

Many 'splosions later, the final base falls.
AIjS1.jpg

YhgIK.jpg

We're awarded a mad XP bonus for successful quest completion. This game keeps getting better and better.
50Dsc.jpg

Tune in next time kids. Spame space time. same Space channel!

spekkio

Arcane
Sorry about the hull upgrade fail - them evil russkies are to blame...

gppqc.jpg

Fuck year, sgt. Hartman is ready to kick some serious ass.

kZ1J8.jpg

Some gay alien scum is hitting on our dear sgt. already?

Plus he was able to complete a ground mission without an epic fail?

:love:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I would suggest you take a loan at the nearest business center to outfit yourself better...

Oh, and hope the dominators blow up every business centers...that'll cancel out your loan amount - :lol: Happened to me once...very funny shit, since I was being fined for late payment.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
When last we left off, Sgt Hartman had just been paid for his impressive skills at assuming direct control of robots. The funds are immediately funneled into a bigger hull with more space and hit points:
C5Qil.jpg

X5sKA.jpg

You can see Hartmans XP on the panel to the right. He does not have enough to raise any of his stats yet.

He apparently has a mission to go to research base Adaptive and learn about the dominator threat. Quite a lot of these messages pop up during the game. But taking a screenshot clears them. Must remember to rebind the key for screenshots.
tcvBg.jpg

GKVEy.jpg

Science bases look like giant, wriggling space phalluses
:mhd:

Another enourmous infodump awaits Sgt Hartman
v9oRL.jpg

lpJdb.jpg

riIgP.jpg

CWnHr.jpg

6HvpA.jpg

otU0T.jpg

esYlu.jpg

Hartman upgrades his Laz0r. This seems like a pretty good deal.
Rs0N7.jpg

JMK4I.jpg

fvt29.jpg

I6G29.jpg

bWweK.jpg

He then return to the ranger base to see if they have any missions for him. The yellow ship is the gay alien ranger who wanted to join us in the previous update. He seems to be doing his own thing at the moment, so we leave him be.
b2iUd.jpg

Another infodump awaits him
nqopt.jpg

MrJ7k.jpg

3M6jk.jpg

bZGNX.jpg

btoFY.jpg

Well, thanks for nothing I guess. Sgt. Hartman will have to find his missions elsewhere. Before he departs, he tunes in to the news broadcasts. Things are looking grim, with the dominators gaining ground across all fronts.
OsqkG.jpg

Taking a trip to Venus, Hartman is alerted to a business oppertunity. Since funds are running low, he decides to take a cargo run.
J4van.jpg

OkfpX.jpg

Avior is a friendly system and within jump distance (the green circle). This should be fairly safe.

He makes it with no incident. I must confess that the graphics are kind of growing on me.
m8JU1.jpg

aYapa.jpg

Food is sold at a 1080 credit profit. Even after refuel and repair, this was a pretty tidy run. Let's see if they have any missions for him.

Before being able to ask for a mission, the freaky alein informs him that the planet Ummaden will pay top dollar for luxury goods, which they incidentially have dirt cheap. Again, the destination is within jump distance, so Hartman takes another detour.
NBQy6.jpg

aKMN7.jpg

9Vbjv.jpg

Damn that planet looks freaky.

We're hampered by only having enough money to buy 20 units of luxuries initially. Still, there's a profit of 880 credits in this for us. But Hartman is getting bored of this. He's a soldier, not a merchant. He gets the job done, damn it! And right now he's not even sure what the job is.
teTUQ.jpg

Before he can ask the Alien scum for a mission, they try to appeal to his inner jew with a lucrative trade route carrying technical goods to the Hamal system. fortunately they also have an actual mission for us. It sounds dull until the mention of his predecessors death under mysterious circumstances. Challenge Accepted!
pI0bT.jpg

lae9B.jpg

Hartman fills his hold with technical goods after all. A stopover in the Hamal system for refueling is necessary before he can reach Betelguse anyway. It'd be stupid not to profit.
3gCZ6.jpg

Upon entering the Betelguse system, Hartman is attacked by a corsair!
MpPwt.jpg

The scum wants money! Hartman has no money, having just used it all on technical goods. And even if he did, he wouldn't pay scumbags like this! The damage on his hull is worrying, but there is a safe haven only 10 days away!
o9XZN.jpg

Firing his Rethone beam at the corsair slows it down, allowing Hartman to slowly build distance to the Corsair. But his hull is beginning to turn critical and the planet Alganak is still 5 days away!
Gb2TN.jpg

Is this the end for brave Sgt Hartman? Will hisRethone beam allow him to escape? Will his hull maintain integrity for a grueling 5-day chase? Tune in next time! Same space time! Same space channel!

korenzel

Educated
It's been a while since I played this one, but I remember Speed + Rocket Launchers were the way to go.

I'll volunteer :

Code:
Name : Korenzel
Race : Freyan
Class : Mercenary
Skills : Accuracy, Equipment
Equipment : Missile Thrower, Lezka

-EDIT- Profile updated.

General hints are :

- stay away and empty the rocket ammo at enemies while out of range of their weapons. With a fast enough ship and sufficient ammo, you can liberate entire dominator sectors by yourself.
- Check weapons sold and buy the best missile throwers available. They only appear a little while into the game. Don't forget to upgrade them at scientific bases. Torpedoes are too slow to be useful.
- One of the special "rapid" housings that add a flat bonus to speed is the first thing you should set to acquire. They can usually be found in scientific bases, and have a wide array of prices
- engine upgrades are a must. Focus on maximum speed.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Fafnir said:
activate your booster
Go Hartman GO SURVIVE!

My what now?!

Damn, that would've been useful to know earlier. Guess I'll have to poke around and see if I can find that.

Either way, it's a moot point. The next update is already ready, I'm just waiting for a new page so we won't have image overload.

TripJack

Hedonist
this game looks pretty cool i will have to check it out one of these days

is reboot a standalone game? or is it installed on top of space rangers 2?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
With 30 hit points left on his hull, Hartman finally managed to outdistance the corsair thanks to his slow-beam. He lands for repairs, refuel and selling his tech equipment for a tidy profit.
GEVSZ.jpg

qnXuw.jpg

OBsDr.jpg

Weapons are apparently dirt cheap here. Since Hartman abhors flying with an empty cargo bay, he stocks up.
UIKSw.jpg

The jump to Betelguze is plotted. 18 days means we still have nearly a mnth left to complete our task there.
Hw8uv.jpg

An old friend greets us as we leave dock. Since Hartmans slowing-laser outdistances the corsairs weapon range, he politely gives him the finger as he flies off.
9EuNm.jpg

As he enters Betelguze, Hartman notices one of the planets is an industrial dictatorship. He reasons that they're likely to pay top dollar for weaponry. Lo and behold, he turns a 25% profit on his investment!
vn3c5.jpg

No more dicking around. Sgt Hartman has a job. And he gets the job done. No matter the cost!
BBEqm.jpg

ATnUk.jpg

Is this..... A text adventure? :love:
Fuck me sideways, this game keeps getting better and better!
8vV6K.jpg

UNTSA.jpg

The base seems abandoned
ajfiL.jpg

RcdVW.jpg

gySQc.jpg

YDMvm.jpg

ptGqp.jpg

If there's one thing adventure games has taught us it's that everything that isn't nailed down goes in your inventory!
7584r.jpg

It seems Hartman is on his own here
jup1L.jpg

Or not. What a charming fellow.
ifQh5.jpg

....Xeno scum.

In the equipment shed Hartman finds a survival suit, the Edelweiss and an area analyzer. He can't carry the analyzer and the Edelweiss at the same time, so he'll have to find a suitable location first and then come back for it.
PJA3q.jpg

A65Gd.jpg

Right, let's take to the surface
A3Mpr.jpg

DEuOB.jpg

LYize.jpg

Hartman makes several forays into the wastes. I keep track of his position on a piece of paper, making sure he has enough air left to return. After a few uneventful forays, Hartman tires of this random approach.
IXOlC.jpg

xjMuV.jpg

Much as he may mistrust the filthy Xeno, it remains Hartmans only source of information in this place.
y2wsO.jpg

XeTuE.jpg

About the worm, the Xeno says
Ownfm.jpg

G7wmt.jpg

And the Xeno just happens to have the radar, huh?
To61x.jpg

What a dick!

Armed with the radar, Hartman takes to the surface again!
lX9V3.jpg

Much better. Now he can be systematic about this. He wanders about for a short while, when suddenly he is ambushed!

[Intelligence] The filthy Xeno carried a worm that was bleeding from a wound on the side!
iDwS9.jpg

PdrIO.jpg

:smug:

Exploration continues
42I3N.jpg

Hartman finds the corpse of his predecessor. A brave space ranger dead from the lack of radar. :salute:
More importantly, it looks like someone sabotaged his suit to ensure he didn't make it back!
PJ9RJ.jpg

Shit!
TU00L.jpg

Low on oxygen, Hartman cannot afford to blunder about. He uses his acute spatial awareness ot find his way back to base. Fortunately the radar starts working again after a while.
a8G5B.jpg

The suit is refilled with air, and Hartman returns to the surface. no suitable site has been found yet.
EMmUD.jpg

Bingo! Right, now all Hartman needs to do is bring the Edelweiss here and he can GTFO this god-forsaken hellhole.
oBTYa.jpg

pEGGe.jpg

Oh you have got to be kidding me!
kcsR1.jpg

And the Geologist is gone too!
7RSq9.jpg

Hartman returns to his cabin and tries punching in the code he found on the dead ranger
vfAD7.jpg

zffxV.jpg

[Intelligence] Second, third, First, Second. It's time to pay the geologists office a visit.

Um, yuck? Hartman suppresses an invoulentary gag and tries the combination the dead ranger mentioned.

He finds a circular saw. Expecting trouble, Hartman brings it with him.
f5xHC.jpg

Gold nuggets? In the worms!? The filthy Xeno has been holding out on us!
bZrjG.jpg

And he had the Edelweiss. It's time to finish the job!
hanqF.jpg

tJUqi.jpg

Oh, you have got to be kidding me!
6Mkql.jpg

Hartman decided to fly out of the planets atmosphere and contact the authorities.
QLNh6.jpg

pAFaD.jpg

CV98g.jpg

zAF3p.jpg

qLcUN.jpg

They're as useful as the fags on the citadel council. Our contact does let it slip, however, that Hartman could go onto the surface without a suit... If he's EXTREME enough.
S0VHJ.jpg

:challengeaccepted:
OhkVS.jpg

He quickly navigates to the site he found, his health decreasing with every step as he choke son poisonous gasses
RSx2v.jpg

Suddenly, he is assaulted from behind by the fulthy Xeno! Is this the end for our hero, folks?
pNLep.jpg

Fortunately, Hartman still has the circular saw! A deft slash later, and the trecherous Xeno scum lies dead before our hero.
WlIEj.jpg

You could say that I....

...Saw this coming.

Pulling the suit off the Xeno, Hartman confirms that it has enough air left in it for him to complete his mission
Qzx6G.jpg

He returns to base - Edelweiss installed - and calls command with his uplink to confirm the job is done.
MSIRL.jpg

2DSFS.jpg

Mission complete!
h6wOc.jpg

Tune in next time for more intrepid adventures! Sargeant Hartman! Space Ranger!

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
i just got trolled by the game i think. I decided courier mission is probably the easiest way to make money and decided to get smart and buy two cheap engines meant to go Boost at ALL TIMES.

So the first run went smoothly. The second run into Maloq system took a toll on both engines and I limped to the planet with just one day left.....I was celebrating until the welcome to the planet screen popped out.

"Welcome RK47, You were in violation of law etc etc and will be sent to 99 days in jail"

What the fuck? Looks like my Human Merchant Background screwed me on that end. FUUUuuuuuu.

anus_pounder

Arcane
On the plus side, the jail sidequest is one of the easiest there is. Provided you buy a (1 time only) feast for your inmates, do not become a snitch and give the guards money when they ask, you'll have no trouble whatsoever. I suggest you hit the gym or the library. Nothing worth LPing, but either one will have you out in (relatively) no time.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
When last we left off, Sgt Hartman had just proven he could get the job done. The trip back to collect his payment for the mission is expected to be uneventful.
5bDGT.jpg

He also scored himself a little bonus payment :smug:
Vx4A8.jpg

Before making the jump, Hartman makes sure to fill his cargo bay with something to make the trip worthwhile. As many tech goods as th eplanet has to sell, and then luxuries until he ran out of money.
TkAXI.jpg

Again, it was 2 jumps to Hemini from Betelgeize, where the filthy Xeno would shower him with glory
SO1Ke.jpg

99U7I.jpg

The cargo bay is emptied with a tidy profit.
Dx40W.jpg

Y0q3O.jpg

The weapons sytems are upgraded
HN96P.jpg

Aparently the Avior system is plagued by pirates. Since Hartman could do with some more fame, it is decided to check it out.
Y2eKl.jpg

3WGsV.jpg

Shortly after entering the system, Hartman is hailed by a transport being pestered by what appears to be a lone pirate vessel. With three guns, an upgraded hull and an ally, the 2 on 1 fight seems like it'll be a piece of cake.
FxBGT.jpg

...Until a goddamn flotilla of pirate ships suddenly scramble from the nearby planet! :what:
YdrcO.jpg

They outpace Hartmans ship by a fair margin. Since he can't tag them all with his slow-laz0r, it seems sticking it out is his only option. (Can anyone know how overload engine kthx?)
W7ZYm.jpg

The battle is brutal, but so far the ship seems to be holding. Hartman tries to keep an eye on the planet positions, so he might make an emergency landing if things get too hairy.
XqdTt.jpg

I forget to check the pirates trajectory and they lure Hartman away from the planet :ohshit:
NCQsc.jpg

:salute:
Gv0V8.jpg

85Oqc.jpg

RIP Sargeant Hartman. My hubris was your undoing.
6T7NX.jpg

Pope Amole

Educated
TBH, I think that results with the next three participants won't be that much different and you'll really have a slight chance at finishing this LP only with Korenzel's updated build, because it's one of the most powergamey builds in the game (the other one being peleng corsair, iirc). 2x rokkit launchers from the start (and a third one if you're really lucky in exploring the space) is the only way to achieve anything in early combat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom