Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Read Heroes Never End (LR: WildStorm)

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
TheAuthority01-00-FC.jpg

TheAuthority01-01.jpg

TheAuthority01-02.jpg

TheAuthority01-03.jpg

TheAuthority01-04.jpg

TheAuthority01-05.jpg

TheAuthority01-06.jpg

TheAuthority01-07.jpg

TheAuthority01-08.jpg

TheAuthority01-09.jpg

TheAuthority01-10.jpg

TheAuthority01-11.jpg

TheAuthority01-12.jpg

TheAuthority01-13.jpg

TheAuthority01-14.jpg

TheAuthority01-15.jpg

TheAuthority01-16.jpg

TheAuthority01-17.jpg

TheAuthority01-20.jpg

TheAuthority01-21.jpg

TheAuthority01-22.jpg

TheAuthority01-23.jpg

TheAuthority01-24.jpg

TheAuthority01-1819.jpg

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Not my favorite comic but fun nonetheless. Global Frequency and Planetary are much better though.

Vaarna_Aarne

Yaar Podshipnik said:
Not my favorite comic but fun nonetheless. Global Frequency and Planetary are much better though.
Indeed, Planetary is the best series of last decade if you ask me.

Take the most boring, self righteous, shitheaded characters out of Stormwatch and provide them with a comic to call their own and...

I'll keep reading though since there's a slim chance that we'll see more of Henry.

Vaarna_Aarne

Stereotypical Villain said:
Take the most boring, self righteous, shitheaded characters out of Stormwatch and provide them with a comic to call their own and...

I'll keep reading though since there's a slim chance that we'll see more of Henry.
:smug:

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Laying it on a bit thick with the mandarin terrorist. Not even the pretense of history or motivation,

Yeah whatever, that is always ridiculous anyway since they never really make them sympathetic for real.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Truly dire stuff. I think i'll need to read corto maltese as a antidote.

Whatever. if i had apollo's powers i'd blow up the planet and that would be that.

Feel good about that mr. Ellis

8)

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
You betrayed us Vaarna. Your comments led me to believe this would be at least as good if not better than the early to mid Stormwatch. Instead it was terrible, even worse than the herpderp Alien idiocy. One deus ex machina after the other. And the return of the pompous and overblown writing we saw in Supergod and which was thankfully missing from most of Stormwatch.

I hope the rest of Authority is better than this.

Vaarna_Aarne

Nou hätä, the best arcs of the series come later on, written by Robbie Morrison and after that by Ed Brubaker. There's also a reason why Mark Millar's tenure writing the Authority is always mentioned.

EDIT: As for Warren Ellis' run, the key part to remember there is that it's essentially Warren Ellis writing a summer blockbuster while pushing the envelope of superpowered feats.

Vaarna_Aarne

And in case you're worried about Ellis being around long, no worries since it's goodbye to him next page, and the superheroes-as-directed-by-Michael-Bay-he-could-actually-direct-movies draws to an end at that point. Then we get into the time when The Authority starts doing things you'd expect superheroes to do in our world.

Wulfstand

Prophet
Cool, on to the next page!
Also, I hope we won't be getting any of that gay shit as seen in Supergod with Apollo and that other guy, Midnighter? That'd piss me off! :x

Vaarna_Aarne

Oh, you mean faggotry?

Bro, they're called the World's Finest Couple for a reason. Apollo x Midnighter is way more important than, say, MJ x Peter, which is why DC is going to be in deep shit if they fuck that up.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Stereotypical Villain said:
If I lived in a world where super powers could manifest... I'd make it my business to kill every last one of those wanna-be demi-gods.

:rpgcodex:

There is a punisher comic just about that. Punisher kills the marvel universe or something. Loved it.

EDIT: And yes, the comic gets better as it progresses.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom