Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Read That's All Folks! (LR: Stormwatch Team Achilles)

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Since the Authority has now reached a point where I don't need to explain the whole Chechnya business, it's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum.

Vaarna_Aarne

37ycF.jpg

JbjFE.jpg

He6zR.jpg

ZA30Y.jpg

oqMGX.jpg

lYpnr.jpg

mLL52.jpg

8q0ql.jpg

X8aK4.jpg

1vAh3.jpg

ENfZk.jpg

agyFp.jpg

XKUTC.jpg

hLZ3l.jpg

58DOL.jpg

W0Qgy.jpg

4gR63.jpg

qSjST.jpg

hXAf1.jpg

WWJL7.jpg

86h6z.jpg

WsYSJ.jpg

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
No, it's actually pretty good... considering the origin.

Except the last part. Could have done without that.

Destroid

Arcane
One thing that bothers me about this and the Authority is how the bad guys are made out to be super evil baby eaters.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Crap art is crap. Story really isn't that much better, but is entertaining in a pulpy popcorn way. Groovy and all that.

Didn't the guy making these comics quit doing so when after bragging for ages about being ex-military he was found out to be just another geek?

Trash said:
Crap art is crap
Here we see Trash being a full blown dumbass again. :roll:

From composition in every fucking frame, to linework, to detail, to values, hues and color, to rendering style, to fucking everything, except maybe the ridiculous style for humans, this comic is fucking good. I didnt read anything cause reading comics is borderline moronic assburger behavior but scrolling past I cant see any crap art. Grow a brain cell.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I agree with BBC (ugh).

Even if the anatomy is kinda schlock, the faces have clear lines and demarcated expressions - it's a different style but very expressive - even if the expressions are sometimes derp, like when one of them is threatening the superguy with a fake self-destruct.
Shading is very good.

TBH it reminds me uncomfortably of the marvel run of Cable/X-men that was full retard with the lines, so the art has bad associations to me too.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Black Bart Charley said:
Trash said:
Crap art is crap
Here we see Trash being a full blown dumbass again. :roll:

From composition in every fucking frame, to linework, to detail, to values, hues and color, to rendering style, to fucking everything, except maybe the ridiculous style for humans, this comic is fucking good. I didnt read anything cause reading comics is borderline moronic assburger behavior but scrolling past I cant see any crap art. Grow a brain cell.

Scrolling past your posts, because reading them is borderline moronic assburger behaviour but scrolling past I can see you try way too hard. As usual, aspie. Anyway, shit anatomy, shit coloring, shit faces and shit everything.

Vaarna_Aarne

Trash said:
Crap art is crap. Story really isn't that much better, but is entertaining in a pulpy popcorn way. Groovy and all that.

Didn't the guy making these comics quit doing so when after bragging for ages about being ex-military he was found out to be just another geek?
Yea, that's him. But it wasn't anything related to comics, but rather the introductions to his books of photoshopped propaganda posters in protest to the war in Iraq and Afghanistan. When the scandal DC/Wildstorm kicked him out, cancelled the third collected volume of Team Achilles from going to print and cancelled Team Achilles for good as "punishment" (it was a damn shame, since TA was right in the middle of something and was generally an awesome series).

Though Micah Wright's career didn't end, since nowadays he's a bigwig at the Writers Guild of America.

Anyway, of course it's a popcorn thing, but that's doesn't mean it's a bad comic. It's very good at what it does. Certainly better than, say, The Boys.

Vaarna_Aarne

I don't think the sword emblem (assuming you haven't spotted something I haven't) is the Order of Santiago symbol, the sword doesn't have enough pimped out curves for that.

Radisshu

Prophet
Trash said:
Crap art is crap.

Yeah. The artwork for that huge fight with the Doctor was amazing, but this shit sucks. It's technically impressive, but aesthetically repugnant.

Vaarna_Aarne

There's more, including a story where Jukko and Midnighter sit down in a bar and Jukko tells why he hates SPBs so much.

Vaarna_Aarne

There isn't really much chronology to be concerned about until Coup De'tat event, which is coming soonish with the Authority.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom