Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The key to understanding Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Wyrmlord

Arcane
The character designer of DX:HR....

based the main character's appearance...

off himself. -_-

Jonathan-Jacques-Belletete.jpg

Jonathan Jacques-Belletete doesn't look as French as his name makes him sound.

Pffft, I'd rather they went the Shadow of the Comet routine and based actors on movie stars instead. ;)

Angthoron

Arcane
What? He would only look more French if he had a frog leg sticking out of his mouth and had a bottle of Champagne in his hand. I was kinda wondering why the protagonist looks Van Damme-ish but not quite, eh belgian and french, minor difference.

Based the hair style off himself is more like it. It's hard to judge from the quality and angles of the shot, but the only body part resemblance seems to be the ears.

FatCat

Educated
Not really , if he would shave his beard off and change haircut all similarity's would vanish.This guy does fine job , i have no complaints about games art direction , even about that golden shower filter.

Jensen_augs_noshades.jpg

Jonathan+Jacques+Belletete+9th+Annual+Visual+1O9bZcWwRfIl.jpg

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Wyrmlord said:
The nose? The shape of the face?
if this isn't a case of "those crackers all look the same to me", i recommend you go see a doctor about your eyes.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Angthoron said:
What? He would only look more French if he had a frog leg sticking out of his mouth and had a bottle of Champagne in his hand. I was kinda wondering why the protagonist looks Van Damme-ish but not quite, eh belgian and french, minor difference.
Kindly fuck off, seriously :P

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
That's what you get when a skinny nerd goes to the fitness and gets a few tats and a stupid haircut to try and look cool. Anyway, just read the september issue (wtf, it's only just august) of PC Gamer UK. They gave it a 94 and called it not quite as good as Deus Ex but very close. Review also seems to be pretty genuine instead of the usual cocksucking. Go find a scan[s/] buy it.

spectre

Arcane
Insecure faggot artist using an idealized version of himself as the protagonist. Gee whizz, never saw that one coming.

Angthoron

Arcane
Volrath said:
Angthoron said:
Kindly fuck off, seriously :P

68786-hercule-poirot-thumb-340x255.gif

Edity-edit: Hm, actually nano/mech-auged Poirot would make one hell of a protagonist.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Check out all these bros bro:
33nhog3.jpg

The few women there are honorary bros.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Roguey said:
[pic]

Eldar runes on the head art farrgots arms? Not sure if incline.

Looks like Striking scorpions and, erm... either howling banshees or fire dragons.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Ulminati said:

Looks like Striking scorpions and, erm... either howling banshees or fire dragons.
In b4 Games Workshop sues Eidos.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Ulminati said:
Roguey said:
[pic]

Support aliens by supporting Deus Ex.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Similar yes. If i changed my hair, grew my beard back and dyed my hair black then i could also look kind of like him.

It dose not mean they look the same.
I am all for blind rage, but this is not a good target.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
So does he fap to posters of himself? :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom