Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrimjob Info, fresh from Quakecon

HatTrick

Scholar
Taken from the TES Nexus forums.
Latest Information (08.08.2011)
Joinable Factions: Rebels with branching path quests (Stormcloaks) and Riverwood Tavern Warrior Clan.
Pickpocket skill provides greater RP opportunities and much more realistic thievery for thieves.
Myriad options for face-paint.
Character Generation remembers your settings when switching between races.
Even minor NPCs have much more complexity and depth compared with Oblivion.
You can persuade various random NPCs to accompany you and they feel like fleshed out, interesting companions.
There are six different stages to crafting items. The first two are: Refining crude ore and Assembling materials.
More realistic alchemy labs.
In addition to alchemy ingredients there are also reagents.
Some spells can be learned by reading spell tomes, while others can be bought from merchants.
Hand to Hand attacks have a much improved gravity and physicality.
There are more ways to complete quests.
Lockpicking mini-game is improved.
There are bards in the game.
You can choose not to spend perk points each level, and hold onto them instead.
During Character Generation you can add laugh lines to your character.
There are "DOZENS" of sliders for character creation.
Aurora Borealis is confirmed.
You can have animal companions.
Bosmer "Animal Allies" Racial Ability confirmed.
NPCs can throw rocks at you if they are on a bridge above you.
Glow Worms confirmed.
Killable Bees and insects confirmed (you can harvest bees from beehives).
Fast Travel costs money.
Perks do not stop at level 50.
There are more types of poison.
Bosmer are immune to most types of poison.

The Giant Rag-doll from the E3 demo has been fixed, so he doesn't look weird when he falls down from the sky
I'll let you bicker amongst yourselves. I'm too fucking tired to insult this stuff.

Aldebaran

Erudite
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Joinable Factions

Other than Thieves/Mages/Fighters Guild? Good.

Bosmer "Animal Allies" Racial Ability confirmed.

Real attempts to create racial differences? Good.

Fast Travel costs money.

Sensible.

Glow Worms confirmed.

Neat... I guess.

Killable Bees and insects confirmed

Okay...

Lockpicking mini-game is improved.

Improved, but not removed...

What the fuck is this shit? Does this mean what I think it means? You can just grab every perk eventually?

corvus

Arcane
I bet the fast travel costs money thing just means whenever you click on your MapQuestPipBoyWhatever and you're teleported to the landmark it just removes a few gold from your inventory. Or maybe they'll add giant whales and Silt Striders to ride instead. :bounce:

What the fuck is this shit? Does this mean what I think it means? You can just grab every perk eventually?

Bethesda game balance! (Mods'll fix it. :smug:)

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Oh yay! :lol: Now to be specific about this game-making mechanic, can the NPC's throw rocks at you from equal level or below you? If not, does it indeed have to be a bridge, or can they just be on elevated terrain of any kind? Finally, how much higher must they be for it to count as "above" you? Oh god if the answers are satisfactory this is definitely a buy! :bounce:

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Or will my character have chest hair? This is very important as they already confirmed beards.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
HatTrick said:
I'll let you bicker amongst yourselves. I'm too fucking tired to insult this stuff.

People give a fucking shit about this shit game?

I'd rather jab forks into my eyeballs.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
HATE HATE HATE SKYRIM WE HATE SKYRIM HATE HATE *whole forum purchases it day one*

:YEAH:

corvus

Arcane
Jaesun said:
HatTrick said:

People give a fucking shit about this shit game?

I'd rather jab forks into my eyeballs.

Hey, Morrowind holds a special place in my heart, I'm still bitter about it.

:rpgcodex:

Konjad said:
HATE HATE HATE SKYRIM WE HATE SKYRIM HATE HATE *whole forum purchases it day one*

:skyway:

Fixed.

Coyote

Arcane
HatTrick said:

:lol:

It's like they have a double-take quota for every information release. Another example:

IGN: Can you ride dragons in Skyrim?
Todd Howard: Not in the way you're asking.

Interesting list...I just hope that the Wood elf ability won't be a joke this time.

You can choose not to spend perk points each level, and hold onto them instead.

Does that mean some of the better perks will take lots of points? Neat, I was thinking you had to pick a perk each level.

...then again, only a few perks showed up on the quakecon video (you pretty much had to pause to see them, Todd was too busy showing us the constellation background), and they were mostly along the lines of "+33% Axe Damage".

Aldebaran said:

tumblr_ldhjhiVhiM1qzezj5o1_500.jpg

Settle down, Beavis.

Well, I think it just means you can get new perks as long as you keep leveling, isntead of reaching a level / perk cap.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
It's a TES game, of course you can max out everything.

Anyway, the feature list sounds very cool. This is going to be a huge time sink.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
This .... sounds pretty nice. Skyrim seems like it will be a much better hiking simulator/hack and slash game than Oblivion.

Bahamut

Arcane
G.O.D said:
One, man.. 150 bugs.. on a quest to get them all.
He is Dovahkiin.. Bugcollector! :Epic music:
In stores 11.11.11

The game will be bugged as hell anyway ;p

Exmit

Scholar
BROS SKYRIM WILL BE SO BAD I WILL FINISH IT ONLY 5 TIMES ON MAH XBAWX , I PROMISE :M

G.O.D

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
There are six different stages to crafting items. The first two are: Refining crude ore and Assembling materials.

I'd craft climbable ladders..
You'd make a fortune in TES universe.

har har :M

Barrow_Bug

Cipher
Some fucking retarded part of me thinks this could be fun. And then I remember how the plot will suck cock, the characters will bore me. How the same three music tracks (hyperbole, kids) will play over and over again. And, my favourite, I won't fight the big bad at the end. I'l watch some handsome price or massive magic robot do it for me. No, no no, I HAVE TO RESIST.

Sordid Jester

Educated
Deus Ex:HR doesn't have dragons, duh. It shouldn't ever get over a 95 for such an atrocity.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom