Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Read Let's Read Alan Moore's WildCATs!

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
First update once I've finished going to sauna.

Vaarna_Aarne

sah9e.jpg

zzU0c.jpg

aEBWL.jpg

JN3cu.jpg

oMSvY.jpg

6KOhm.jpg

QHh3L.jpg

F3O1D.jpg

l8uzc.jpg

EJcIs.jpg

rREPF.jpg

g9ptE.jpg

Yj1nJ.jpg

enU2Z.jpg

HpP4d.jpg

Ruj5L.jpg

9DyJ3.jpg

cRaCX.jpg

DuAbj.jpg

I10as.jpg

mwLEA.jpg

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
OK... could you give us some recap of what the chronology of the stuff you've posted looks like so far? I'm getting a headache trying to figure out when this falls, what's already happened, what hasn't, and so on.

Also, Ladytron :love:

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Man, that's...uneven. The stuff on Khera is really badly-written and drawn. This in particular made me guffaw.

And what's with Ladytron's shifting appearance? Settling down on a look I guess?

Vaarna_Aarne

It's fucking 90's art guys whatcha expect? We're on stuff that was written in 1995 (run ends at 1998).

Anyway, this takes place before everything else I've posted from WildStorm so far, this was published before Warren Ellis took over StormWatch, which means it's before WildStorm was even WildStorm (at this time part of Image).

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
The art really is very uneven. I dig some of the panels, others make my eyes bleed, most are OK... it's actually odd to see so much variation in quality from one page to the next, all being the same style.

The writing's sub-par, but it's not the worst Wildstorm we've seen. OK, maybe it's just average instead. Which is fine.

I really don't like Zealot's look in here though. She looks... weird. Liked her more in WE.

Also, what exactly happened to Grifter? to Hadrian's old body? And why did Emp suddenly decide to go back to Khera?

Vaarna_Aarne

Sceptic said:
Also, what exactly happened to Grifter? to Hadrian's old body? And why did Emp suddenly decide to go back to Khera?
Well, as far as I know (I've never read WildStorm stuff predating this, and have no intention to) going by this comic... Grifter's quit the WildCATs and mostly hangs out with Deathblow at Clark's, after which the rest of the CATs got involved in some thing involving a Kheran shiftship that was going to self-destruct and wipe out the earth with it, but Lord Emp managed to avoid that by reactivating the ship's RTB protocols. Apparently Hadrian got his body destroyed again and was thus on a disc.

Vaarna_Aarne

Remember how back in the nineties MEGA-SIZED DOUBLE ISSUES were a big thing? Here's one, probably the only one I know Alan Moore ever did:

gTshM.jpg

Ivwfm.jpg

Hxrnn.jpg

yVeAB.jpg

dwjTD.jpg

yAAV3.jpg

0LMv5.jpg

oJWXq.jpg

AOyYU.jpg

tlWRK.jpg

CWjS1.jpg

FvdPf.jpg

73rfc.jpg

JK49r.jpg

Zyx68.jpg

5rUKB.jpg

2T5OB.jpg

vS5xB.jpg

mQRJa.jpg

aDHmn.jpg

sw2jR.jpg

OQwjS.jpg

NmSil.jpg

XZNLU.jpg

gEwWK.jpg

JOGqO.jpg

pdZMi.jpg

mGmoM.jpg

SywiF.jpg

PKLJp.jpg

2rHBC.jpg

xmEbF.jpg

IovRZ.jpg

bbzt2.jpg

iAOzq.jpg

hMWEX.jpg

1dHzc.jpg

Fc3DB.jpg

C9zQt.jpg

DO1ml.jpg

8ksmN.jpg

2LBCO.jpg

Sw37H.jpg

HgAGO.jpg

35Yv2.jpg

uc2Ui.jpg

7KSe9.jpg

Za07Q.jpg

h20hJ.jpg

NHtjV.jpg

Also, Grant Morrison's book Supergods apparently has lots of snarkyness about all the times Alan Moore said he's LEAVING SUPERHERO COMICS FOREVER during the years following Watchmen, and how he never kept the promise (though general opinion on him is that Moore still loves superheroes despite how much he considers the industry around them to have wronged him).

Vaarna_Aarne

I'm doing it in updates of three, next one will require another Imgur account.

You guys started liking this more or something?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom