Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
The Fellowship Saga looks like Wizardry 8 with the 5E OGL ruleset
Game News - posted by Infinitron on Fri 8 May 2020, 00:06:44Tags: Almkaz Games; The Fellowship Saga
RPGs based on the 5th Edition OGL ruleset are starting to become more common. Last week LESS T_T spotted what I believe may be the first 5E OGL blobber, a mysterious title called The Fellowship Saga. Very little information is available about the game or its developer Almkaz Games. We couldn't find an official website or any social media channels. However, one of our users was able to find a 20 minute gameplay video hidden away on YouTube, and I guess that's all you really need. It reveals a game with non-grid-based exploration and a combat system seemingly inspired by Wizardry 8. So here's that along with the brief description from its Steam page.
In the kingdom of Falone, you control a party of adventurers who suddenly find themselves in an epic struggle for control of the crown.
- Turn-Based Combat: Accessible, Familiar, Tense, and full of choices by using the system from the 5th edition of the world's most popular RPG.
- Party-based: Teamwork and synergies necessary by creating and managing a party of 5 adventurers.
- First-person: Accessible first-person gameplay provides up-close action and full controller support.
- Tailor to your playstyle: 12 Classes and nine races provide a wide range of customization and flexibility - and extended by one level of subclassing.
- Exploration: Visit wilderness, towns, caverns, and dungeons while completing quests and defeating a wide range of creatures.