Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Hi-Res Arcanum Patch Released
Mod News - posted by DarkUnderlord on Tue 14 April 2009, 07:28:26Tags: Arcanum: of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
Drog Black Tooth has released his Hi-Res Arcanum Patch. You can read all about it here:
Arcanum High Resolution Patch is an extensive engine hack and probably the most complex mod I've done up to this point. It rewrites many subroutines to make the engine fully scalable to any resolution, and calculates positions of all elements of the interface (well over 1000 offsets) for the desired width and height by using formulas. Additionally, it adjusts sound positioning, fixes a number of UI bugs and disables sprite mirroring (if used without the UAP).
* Full support for any resolution.
* All elements of the interface perfectly centered.
* All elements of the interface remain their original size with no custom graphics in any resolution.
* Full compatibility with any mods that are based off the 22.214.171.124 version.
* Full compatibility with older save games.
* Improved Compact UI. Can now be accessed anytime by pressing F10.
* Optional larger dialog and logbook fonts.
Screenshots are over here. You can download the patch from Terra-Arcanum here.