Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition announced, to be released within a month
Game News - posted by Infinitron on Sun 31 August 2014, 01:04:50Tags: Beamdog; Icewind Dale
It looks like the merry men of Beamdog haven't been idle over the past year. Today at PAX Prime they announced Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition, a spruced up version of Black Isle's classic isometric dungeon crawl from 2000. The release date is "likely within a month". Here's what the game's official site says, plus a trailer:
Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Announced!
August 30th, 2014
Beamdog and Wizards of The Coast announced at PAX today that pre-orders have begun for Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition ahead of its upcoming release.
Originally released in 2000, Icewind Dale is hailed as a classic Dungeons & Dragons adventure based in Wizards of The Coast's legendary Forgotten Realms campaign setting. The Enhanced Edition will allow new and experienced gamers alike to enjoy this epic adventure as never before. Available on PC, Mac, iPad, and Android tablets and phones, the game will retail for $19.99 on desktop and is available for pre-order now.
Icewind Dale has been enhanced with new kits and character classes, dozens of new items and spells, and restored quest material cut from the original game. The redesigned user interface features Zoom capabilities and a Quickloot Bar, among numerous other improvements. Up to six players can simultaneously enjoy Icewind Dale with the new cross-platform multiplayer mode.
Q: When will Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition release?
A: Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition has entered beta and will release "when it's ready" to ensure the best experience for players, likely within a month.
Q: What specific enhancements does Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition offer over the original game?
A: Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition features the following enhancements:
- Six expanded quests, featuring content cut from the original game
- 60 new items
- Heart of Winter and Trials of the Luremaster expansions
- 31 new class and kit combinations from Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, well as the half-orc playable race
- 122 new spells carried over from Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
- Cross-platform multiplayer
- A new "Story Mode" difficulty setting to allow players to experience all of the story with none of the Game Over screens
- Available for Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android