Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by 20 Eyes

1. Europa Universalis IV

Yes. I'm playing as Brandenburg, and we're accepting Pomeranian culture. Pomeranian culture became accepted almost immediately after absorbing Pomerania, though I'm not sure why.
  2. Company News Paradox Steam weekend sale

They'll package it all together when they're absolutely sure there is no possibility of more DLC coming, most likely.
  3. Yeah ok, seriously guys, STOP MERGING THREADS FFS

This. 'Mega-threads' fucking suck. Yeah, I really want to scroll through 300 pages of people posting Cleve memes (they never get old), talking about themselves and their favorite posters, replying to posts from 30 pages ago, replying to posts that were from a different thread at one point, and...
  4. KickStarter Double Fine's MASSIVE CHALICE - Released... but nobody cares

Not compared to how I feel when I read a bunch of nonsense Stretchgoals with arbitrary cash requirements. It doesn't really bother me, though. I know what Kickstarter is and I don't hold it against developers for trying to milk as much cash out of it as they can.
  5. KickStarter Double Fine's MASSIVE CHALICE - Released... but nobody cares

I disagree. Stretchgoals are usually just bullshit with made up numbers attached to them anyways. They said they'd just use the money to make the game better, which to me is better than STRETCH GOAL 13: GIVE US 100,000 US DOLLARS MORE AND WE'LL MAKE TWO NEW WEAPONS AND DESIGN ONE MORE DUNGEON...
  6. Let's demote some moderators

Emoticon: X Circle-jerking: X Brofist Harvesting: X Mod brown-nosing: X Member No. 15580, that was a very low quality post. I'd like to see better content from you in the future.
  7. Vapourware Codexian Game Development Thread

What tiagocc0 said. The other big thing is animation. Not everyone that is good with 2D art is good with animation. And it's time-consuming (so expensive). One small decision like giving your character visible equipment upgrades or whatever can multiply the entire art workload. Make sure...
  8. X-COM Firaxis - XCOM: Enemy Unknown + Enemy Within Expansion

The only thing it'd really spoil is some of the alien types, which actually is pretty significant. Playing UFO Defense, one of the more memorable parts is seeing a new alien and thinking 'WTF does that thing do?', only to have it mercilessly slaughter your squad the next turn.
  9. Let's demote some moderators

Jaeson is the worst kind of mod, the kind that actually enjoys moderating. He merges threads on a whim and turns discussion into an incoherent and impossible to follow mess. He removes posts when something rubs him the wrong way instead of basing his decisions on the quality of the post. He's...
  10. Vapourware Codexian Game Development Thread

No, the theme was shit. 'Minimalism'? Isn't any game made in 48 hours going to feature minimalism? I'd like to eventually do one eventually, but I wasn't feeling the theme and I had a busy weekend so maybe next time.
  11. Game Dev Tycoon - "Can I research a DRM or something?"

This game looks like a 1:1 ripoff of Kairosoft's Game Dev Story, only without the charming graphics. They barely even changed the title. I would pirate this too before spending any money on it.
  12. Shadow Hearts

I actually share this opinion. Shadow Hearts 2 definitely looks miles better (the first one looks like it belongs on the original Playstation) and clearly had a bigger budget, more polish, nicer assets, and just about everything else you'd want in a sequel. But it lost what made Shadow Hearts...
  13. Decline The Codex is going down the toilet

Me - 36% GD posts You - 28% GD posts So 8% is the difference between a GD-dweller and a respectable Codexian such as yourself? You really showed me. You take this place way too seriously if you care about and pay attention to where somebody posts. "These posts weren't defending my buddy...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom