Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by <3sRichardSimmons

1. <3sRichardSimmons

How do you play the combat in Might and Magic 6-7-8-9 ?

Oh man, for a moment after I read the thread title I thought this was going to be a thread complaining about how difficult the combat is in the late era MMs and that was giving me some serious :what: But I play them the same way I play Arcanum; 98% real-time with the occasional shift into TB...
  2. <3sRichardSimmons

In Progress Let's Play: Fallen Gods

A3. Excited to play this hopefully later this year.
  3. <3sRichardSimmons

Decline Video-Game Executives Lament Lost Creativity at Developer’s Show GDC

Way to shift the goalposts. The argument as initially posited was that Western game design has NEVER been as creative as Japanese game design. And that’s just… really not true from where I’m standing, and I’m not sure how one can make that argument other than from a position of ignorance. I...
  4. <3sRichardSimmons

And NWC. And SSI. And Origin. And Old Blizzard. And Westwood. And Shiny. And id. And… the list goes on and on. If one’s personal preferences tend towards Japanese design sentiment then fair enough, but pretending there weren’t tons of western dev houses putting out extremely creative...
  5. <3sRichardSimmons

Arkane PREY - Arkane's immersive coffee cup transformation sim - now with Mooncrash roguelike mode DLC

Mmm, disagree a bit there on the inequality of encounter rate between the Shocks (especially 2) and Prey. Shock 1 & 2 are both much shorter games than Prey, so they feel more tightly paced, but they definitely have their fair share of downtime (not a criticism, they are far better for it)...
  6. <3sRichardSimmons

“Demand for live service games”? What the fuck world are they living in? Point me to the last live-service AAA title that was a resounding success. “We keep, unfortunately making the wrong flavor of shit. We know our customers want to eat shit, it’s just we’re not getting the blend right...
  7. <3sRichardSimmons

Arkane PREY - Arkane's immersive coffee cup transformation sim - now with Mooncrash roguelike mode DLC

The nicest thing I can say about Bioshock is that it's far better than Bioshock Infinite. Regardless of disappointments one might have with Prey (and there are many legitimate criticisms to make of it), there's really no serious comparison to be made between them.
  8. <3sRichardSimmons

Game News Alpha Protocol gets an enhanced rerelease on GOG after five years in licensing hell

Something tells me that they didn’t contact MCA or Mitsoda for any of their “interviews with it’s creators…”, but hey it’s always fun to see Feargus and Parker blatantly lie about shit that they actively hamstrung.
  9. <3sRichardSimmons

The Crimson Diamond - inspired by The Colonel's Bequest

To be fair, Colonel’s Bequest doesn’t have that many traditional point and click puzzles compared to its contemporaries, and almost all of the ones it does have are optional.
  10. <3sRichardSimmons

Wadjet Eye Primordia - A Point and Click Adventure - Now Available

I for one can’t wait to see Horatio teach Metromind the true value of friendship. Hopefully there are songs too.
  11. <3sRichardSimmons

Hogwarts Legacy - Harry Potter open world action RPG prequel set in the late 1800s

Well I think it’s laudable that after Shadow of War, Gotham Knights, Suicide Squad, and whatever other WB garbage I’m forgetting the exec response is “if at first you don’t succeed try, try again”. They’re certainly plucky! You’ve got to give it to them!
  12. <3sRichardSimmons

Between the Stars - space action game with RPG growth and real time combat - now on Early Access

Yeah this looks like it might be fun. King Crispy can you move this to the Space subforum? Please and thank you.
  13. <3sRichardSimmons

Editorial Lucky Number 2 - RPG Codex Editorial on Matters Most Pressing

How many threads initially posted to the front page ended up in retardoland? Inquiring minds want to know.
  14. <3sRichardSimmons

Vapourware Rocksteady's Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League out now

Hahaha oh man that reference to year over year makes me realize that SS is basically going to be put up against Hogwarts Legacy on earnings calls. I fully believe that both games are shit, but… ooof. That’s a real “heads must roll” moment for WB.
  15. <3sRichardSimmons

Vapourware Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Remake from Saber Interactive

Who the fuck was willing to pay 500 mill for Saber after living through the last 5 years?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom