Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Abelian

1. Abelian

There's no RPGs in our RPGs

I'm not sure this example counts since it's not a game in-universe: in Level 5 of Watcher's Keep in BG2, the spirit warrior maze puzzle is in the form of a text-based adventure.
  2. Abelian

I was playing GTA 3 a few days ago ago noticed that GTA 1 and GTA 2 show up on some of the computer screens in the internet cafe on Staunton Island: Also, I couldn't be bothered to play Simon the Sorcerer 3D, but I did watch a let's play a few years ago and remembered the Apartments and...
  3. Abelian

Simon the Sorcerer 1 also had a similar scene to the Apartments & Accountants gag from Simon the Sorcerer 2: some wizards who bought Mahjong, but didn't know the rules so they were trying to play it as a pen and paper RPG.
  4. Abelian

Avatar Gallery Submission Thread

My bad, here you go.
  5. Abelian

What game are you wasting time on?

I recently got a hankering for some early 2000s action gaming, so I finally activated Steam codes for Max Payne and GTA 3 that I bought on sale back in 2014. And then they didn't run on Windows 10. After hunting down the requisite fan patches, I got them both working and finished Max Payne...
  6. Abelian

Avatar Gallery Submission Thread

I was actually bored enough to edit and upload the 11 new hero portraits included in the Heroes of Might and Magic II expansion The Price of Loyalty. In a classic case of procrastination, I took the screenshots nearly five years ago by setting up a map using the scenario editor (most of the new...
  7. Abelian

As a fan of the C&C series, I enjoyed Renegade a lot, especially the ability to control vehicles (particularly the Mammoth tank). Another annoying feature of several campaign missions is clearing out the Nod barracks, which are much larger than the ones in the skirmish scenarios, though I guess...
  8. Abelian

Game News Underworld Ascendant Released

Fixed :obviously:
  9. Abelian

Game News Underworld Ascendant Released

Backed them at the $20 level myself. Looks like "Underworld Descendant" will descend to the lower reaches of my to play list.
  10. Abelian

Recently finished Westwood's Nox with conjurer and wizard, since I only beat the game as a warrior years ago. I got a kick out of the magic system, especially the conjurer's bomber summon and the wizard's traps, both of which are loaded with your choice of spells (ex. target gets hit with both...
  11. Abelian

Codex Review RPG Codex Review: Grimoire - The Real Official Review

Wait, so Grimoire's actually been released?! For real? Dammit, I leave the Dex for two years and I miss this momentous occasion... what are the odds of that? Bought and installed.
  12. Abelian

Decline Remove The Ignore Feature

1/3 + 1/3 + 1/2 = 7/6
  13. Abelian

I've bought the entire Commandos series (except the FPS Strike Force) from GOG.com during a sale and I've only played Behind Enemy Lines before, so I'm looking forward to new tactical challenges and abilities. If I'm looking for a change of setting, I've also got Desperados and Robin Hood: The...
  14. Abelian

Finished Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines, including the secret mission. This is a fantastic game and I've thoroughly enjoyed it. The level design is excellent and the game often supports multiple approaches to achieving objectives.
  15. Abelian

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Thanks, I'm still pretty early in the game so I haven't found too many components yet. I'm just about to enter Depot A, which is where I stopped playing the demo. I have the same build, but playing on medium difficulty. I've heard enough about Depot A to be prepared for a challenge, but I'll...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom