Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Adam Heine

1. Adam Heine

People News Torment Kickstarter Update #49: Kevin Saunders leaves inXile, replaced by Chris Keenan

I *did* choose those words deliberately, but that's also game development. Ask anyone ;).
  2. Adam Heine

People News Torment Kickstarter Update #49: Kevin Saunders leaves inXile, replaced by Chris Keenan

The full story is not mine to give, but the game is still in good hands with a team that groks the vision, design leads who will not let that vision die, and leadership that knows what we release must be as polished as we can reasonably make it in the given time. Kevin is missed. His departure...
  3. Adam Heine

"Classic RPGs Forever" panel at PAX Prime 2015

It was funny in context. Hard to tell without the video and the audience he was playing off of. I laughed anyway.:M
  4. Adam Heine

"Classic RPGs Forever" panel at PAX Prime 2015

Swen brought his own camera crew (although "crew" is probably a strong word ;)). I don't know if he recorded the whole panel though.
  5. Adam Heine

Game News Torment: Tides of Numenera Alpha Systems Test Launched

The primary reason we included the insta-death option this early is (as someone already stated in this thread) to teach the player that not every choice is safe. There is a good reason why you survive the regular fall but don't survive diving faster (short version: you are mostly immortal...
  6. Adam Heine

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Pre-Release Thread [ALPHA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

You guys are like the kings of baseless assumptions ;-) That's Unity Pro. Light-text-on-dark burns my retinas. I hatesssss it.
  7. Adam Heine

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Pre-Release Thread [ALPHA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

That's a good point, Knut. The video definitely focuses on the weirder environments at our disposal, but rest assured there will be some "normal" environments as well. In the video, there is the final scene, and also the area outside the bubble of water, just as small examples.
  8. Adam Heine

Game News Torment Kickstarter Update #39: Adam Heine Explains Effort

The most Effort you can apply is six, so pretty close. Re: skeuomorphic UI. We're trying for a block UI option on all our UIs (the simplest version being all of our UI elements slotted into a pretty frame). The conversation UI is already a block UI (with no option for a non-block version...
  9. Adam Heine

I'm kind of in love with Banner Saga, yes. It was that game, in particular, that made me think requiring a "confirm" for an attack could work without being annoying (in turn-based, at least -- I'd never have tried something like this in a twitch combat system, autopause or not). With Banner...
  10. Adam Heine

The render doesn't include visual effects or in-game lighting. And yes, so long as the game is still in-progress, anything can and will be tweaked.
  11. Adam Heine

Sure, why not? (DISCLAIMER: This is no guarantee the feature will make it into the game, but it should guarantee someone more knowledgeable than me evaluates it for feasibility.)
  12. Adam Heine

Oh, I'm on this project to the end. The tweet refers primarily to my daily work. (I also like to play games, raise ten kids, and even sleep on occasion :D).
  13. Adam Heine

Beat you: https://twitter.com/adamheine/status/517619261523509248
  14. Adam Heine

No worries. I'd never heard of you either ;-) Kidding. Seriously, we all knew when I was brought on that I was only tangentially related to the original Torment. My credentials are primarily in impressing people like Colin, Chris, and Kevin in short periods of time :-)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom