Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by adrix89

1. Why do you enjoy turn based strategy vs real time?

I would prefer a Real Time System but the moment they implement that the level of intelligence of developers goes to the bottom and things like tactics and formations goes out the window. So the answer to the question is I want the Developers shot for doing crimes against game-manity. Turn...
  2. Why do you prefer strategy over tactics? Do you consider one more difficult than the other?

Strategy Games are retardo brainded bad on the combat level. They focus on Economy, Progression(Tech Tree) and Army movement which is the wrong things they should focus on. They should focus on Supply and Resource Logistics and Fortifications, that is what a "Strategic" game is supposed to be...
  3. Archmage Rises - the play-how-you-want mage simulator - now available on Early Access

To be fair there is not much difference for the release date.
  4. The Horrible Truth about RPGs

RPGs are just Adventure Games WITH a Combat System tacked on.
  5. Incline Unreal Engine 5: final nail of Unity's coffin?

I can give them that UE5 can make some nice realtime movies. Hollywood and Animations Studios I am sure will be excited. The only interesting thing about the Demo is when the character zaps around fast, although I am not sure how much that is a lie since in normal games data needs to be...
  6. Incline Unreal Engine 5: final nail of Unity's coffin?

It doesn't matter how pretty the demos look. Indies with shoestring budget are not going to achieve that. They care more about what kind of assets are available on the store so they can make their asset flip games.
  7. Archmage Rises - the play-how-you-want mage simulator - now available on Early Access

Procedural generation is fine, and frankly Indies don't have much of a choice. It's just that in this particular case they forgot the Gameplay.
  8. Game idea

Add Homeworld Space Battles. Add in whatever 4X features to make it replayable and have an excuse to play endless amounts of Homeworld Space Battles. Done.
  9. Grand Strategy Crusader Kings III

Let's be honest here, nobody knows about your vaporware. And you aren't a bastion of creativity either. Neither of you are doing anything that interesting.
  10. X4: Foundations - Mount and Blade with space-ships. Now with significant Beta update

I just now realized that they are following the Paradox Model of slowly building the game piece by piece.
  11. Archmage Rises - the play-how-you-want mage simulator - now available on Early Access

To be fair the Dungeons are pretty nice... So was No Man's Sky.
  12. Are there any "meta-RPG" games where you manage adventurers?

Dragon Cliff. It's basically Diablo 3 or Path of Exile, but automatic, all about customizing builds into an unstoppable team. The enemy encounters aren't a slouch either. There is also Epic Tavern and the like but they kinda suck. You would think with Football Manager it would be a sure thing...
  13. On Contingency

Rejoice foolish mortal for I have The Answer and the answer is: Princess Maker. Imagine a world! A whole world where every NPC is a Princess. A Princess that can Grow in their Skills with Time and Training. A Princess that can Fuck. And a Princess that can become The Queen after a Battle Royal...
  14. Princess Maker style games and other Non-Combat mecahnics

What ideas you have for RPGs that are not your usual combat or pseudo-combat( Griflands "Diplomacy", Thea's card based "Skill Checks") And that aren't just CYOA scripted branches with skill checks( Disco Elysium) You have survival games and base management games(Rimworld) but they aren't...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom