Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by akuukka

1. Helherron - a very addictive Nahlakh-like game

Btw, just updated the web site with a new version. Some new graphics, some bug fixes and most importantly: Most of the Engrish has been checked, fixed and improved by a native English speaker. Not all, because some text is still hardcoded inside source code, but it's getting better.
  2. Helherron - a very addictive Nahlakh-like game

Multiple attacks per turn is really hard to do well. I really don't know how to do it properly in Helherron... Especially archers are problematic. If shooting is supposed to take 4 movement points, what should happen when you try to shoot when you have just 2 movement points? I really didn't...
  3. Helherron - a very addictive Nahlakh-like game

Hopefully the new double strike skill is a step towards this, since golems and troll barbarians won't be able to do double strikes well. OK, I get your anti-strategy argument. It's a good point. Anyone else has opinions about this?
  4. Helherron - a very addictive Nahlakh-like game

Unfortunately there is no simple way to fix that bug and because it does not affect fresh new games started in versions >= 2.104, I have chosen not to fix it. What options exactly would you want to have besides hitting a nearby enemy?
  5. Helherron - a very addictive Nahlakh-like game

2.105 available now!
  6. Helherron - a very addictive Nahlakh-like game

Don't worry screeg, I will never add any of those features :) I know the frustration when one of your heroes dies because of the critical hit to vital organs, but I still feel it is fully compensated by the joy you feel when it happens to one of your enemies. It has saved my ass many, many times!
  7. Helherron - a very addictive Nahlakh-like game

There is a reason. Usually you have only 1 movement point available when attacking. Attacking two different enemies with only this 1 mp would be tricky, because the first hit would consume zero movement points. But all actions are supposed to take time... On the other hand, if the second strike...
  8. Helherron - a very addictive Nahlakh-like game

Hmm, I've been thinking about a skill which you gives you a chance to attack twice per turn (with a theoretical maximum of 4 attacks per turn if using two weapon combat). The higher the skill, the higher your probability to hit twice. It would be always two attacks against the same target...
  9. Helherron - a very addictive Nahlakh-like game

Question to everyone playing Helherron: what kind of spell would you like to have added to the game?
  10. Helherron - a very addictive Nahlakh-like game

Alright, there you go! Experimental builds available at helherron.co.nf. Please report any bugs!!! Also note that from now on, Helherron requires an OpenGL 3.3 compatible graphics drivers. If you are playing with an ancient computer, please try to upgrade to as new drivers as possible (I've...
  11. Helherron - a very addictive Nahlakh-like game

Very soon actually. The new version uses OpenGL for rendering, so I've had to rewrite most of the graphics code. That means that very likely the new version is again plagued by new bugs, so I will probably first put out a Release Candidate for those who want to experiment with the new version...
  12. Helherron - a very addictive Nahlakh-like game

#1 will be fixed in the next version. #2 affects only levels that were discovered in an earlier version of Helherron and then re-entered in the newest version. New parties and levels you enter for the first time are not affected.
  13. Helherron - a very addictive Nahlakh-like game

I would consider changing the title screen background if somebody comes up with a better alternative. The old pre-2.04 background with its 256 color palette is not an option though.
  14. Helherron - a very addictive Nahlakh-like game

Uncle Skull, thanks for catching the game breaking spoiler! Release Candidate 2 can be downloaded now. It fixes that issue + many others.
  15. Helherron - a very addictive Nahlakh-like game

It's tricky because you can always Gate Travel to safety and rest anyway.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom