Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by AlanC9

1. Interview J.E. Sawyer Interview By Grupo97

This seems to be close to an argument that Bio's big problem is that they make the sort of games that their fans like. Are you really going there?
  2. Goodbye to Scorpia & RPG Vault

Ye gods. How poor is she? My PC is several years out of date now (x1650 graphics, Athlon dual-core 3600), and it runs Mass Effect just fine.
  3. Mod News Planescape Trilogy - Purgatorio Demo

Didn't mean me. I'm a cheap bastard, but not that cheap.
  4. Game News  Mike, This Business Will Change You & Your Release Date

Well, it's better than outright cancellation, which is what a lot of us were predicting not too long ago.
  5. Mod News Planescape Trilogy - Purgatorio Demo

The separate downloads are great for dialup players. Yes, there are still some folks who can't get broadband.
  6. TIE Fighter

Yeah, X-wing mission design is kind of sucky. I haven't seen anything that bad in modern games except for the final Starlancer mission, which would have been OK in Freespace 2, but is a crapshoot with the terrible SL targeting system.
  7. Preview Dragon Age Origin Stories Revealed!

You're arguing that it's bad writing because it doesn't deliver the emotional payoff it's supposed to. But if the functionality of a particular narrative strategy is the issue, then the percentage of the audience for whom the strategy works is the relevant test, no? Doesn't really matter...
  8. Preview Dragon Age Origin Stories Revealed!

So how'd you feel about PS:T? As for the Gorion effect, so far we've got it not working for you and Murrow. But it does work for a lot of people. So unless we're elevating your personal tastes into some sort of RPG Design Principle, the point eludes me.
  9. Dragon Age: Origins PC Gamer preview out, tidbits...

Care to name a couple?
  10. Preview Dragon Age Origin Stories Revealed!

Sure, but DA is a Bio game. And if you like Bio games, the cheap drama is exactly what you're there for, not the world exploration.
  11. About to play NWN2 and MoTB for the first time...

Assuming you're patched up, Exploration view is probably better most of the time.
  12. I just started Baldur's Gate 2...

People who don't like Minsc don't take him as a party member. Where's the problem?
  13. Review Darth Roxor looks at Storm of Zehir @ the Codex

Looking at this, the issue is simply that SoZ doesn't scale for level. At lower levels you will not pass hide checks that you'll pass a couple of levels later. This results in a funny phenomenon. A party with a very good stealth leader will skip some REs, and get to the Sword Coast at a...
  14. Storm of Zehir first impressions

So unless a game prevents you from loading in a high-level character, levelling is pointless?
  15. Review Darth Roxor looks at Storm of Zehir @ the Codex

Does SoZ realy offer differences on replay. Sure, you can choose to not have the right overland skills, and thus get buried in REs, but that's not exactly a different path.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom