Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Aldebaran

1. Aldebaran

Alien: Isolation

Well, my opinion on Aliens and its unfortunate destruction of the potential of Alien is probably unnecessary, so I won't go into it. What I will say, however, is who gives a damn what is considered Canon? Alien 4 is considered canon. Prometheus is canon. Canon is dead. RIP canon. If you think...
  2. Aldebaran

Community So long, farewell, Pawel Kaczarewski

Is he Darth Roxor dead, or Phelot dead? At any rate, rest in peace. In the eternal everyone knows what RPG is.
  3. Aldebaran

They probably never went with the wallwalkin' because it never fit in with the original vision and was a bit more "Aliens" than they wanted. However, if that is the case, it is not entirely justified as the Alien already moves much faster than the creepy, bizarre crawl he moved at in the...
  4. Aldebaran

I don't think they should allow the Alien to be killable since there is a much more effective way too avoid the overexposure that the Alien suffered from. What they should do is change the level design to be more open and then restrict the Alien's movement. That way, if you lock off door...
  5. Aldebaran

Hearthstone

You conveniently fail to mention the flip side of thoughtsteal, it can steal game breaking class cards that Priest is not supposed to get a hold of. Overall, thoughtsteal draws you two good cards, since in constructed no one runs trash cards and only a very small pool of neutrals get used, with...
  6. Aldebaran

Hearthstone

GvG would have to try very hard to make constructed worse than it currently is. Right now, against the two most popular classes, you essentially know if you have lost by turn one or two. Certain opening combinations are ridiculously powerful and can be pulled off quite consistently. Undertaker...
  7. Aldebaran

Legend of Grimrock 2

I am attempting a solo ratling farmer on normal. So far it seems to be working out quite well, I am speccing into light weapons to maximize the use of the early weapons, and I grabbed the ratling trait to give him random stat boosts at each level up. How quickly does food drop off after the...
  8. Aldebaran

9. Aldebaran

I noticed something else interesting. I had 12 fuel left for the flamethrower (about enough for 1/5 of a mouseclick) and the Alien had me completely cornered. Not wanting to run out of the precious fire of life before he was in range, I decided to wait for the last moment and simply aimed at him...
  10. Aldebaran

The QTEs for opening doors are in place because in a number of cases, timing is very important. If the Alien is in a nearby room, you have to make a decision on whether it is best to move on, and risk the QTE being interrupted by a tail through your abdomen, or scramble for a place to hide...
  11. Aldebaran

The game improves significantly after the medical bay section is over. The Alien seems to switch over to primarily patrolling the vents and waiting for noises to bring him into the hallways. One thing I have noticed though, is that in the section where you get the flamethrower, you are given far...
  12. Aldebaran

Game News Serpent in the Staglands Kickstarter Update #13: Backer beta to be released on October 11th

I don't understand why people seem to be angry or surprised that a game heavily inspired by Darklands is RTWP.
  13. Aldebaran

But not all humans in Isolation are hostile, you meet a friendly one. One thing I have noticed about this game, though, is that the Alien sections aren't particularly effective horror. If it sees you, you are simply dead and there seems to be little you can do about it. While this is fine...
  14. Aldebaran

I am going to have to disagree with you here: I think that you can make the Alien scary, and this was a great opportunity to make it scary again. The main problem is that you need to prioritize the themes of Alien before the movie itself. First of all, we need to examine the reason why the form...
  15. Aldebaran

Shadowrun Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut

Yeah, like I mentioned, the developers may have just wanted you to feel like you made the wrong choice regardless of your selection. Which would be a miserable decision on their part, considering that the two outcomes seem to contradict one another. Not that I can remember what information...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom