Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Alex

1. Alex

Skyblivion - Oblivion in Skyrim

What about TES 1 and TES 2?
  2. Alex

WTF was Viconia Evil in BG3

Zed, don't post stuff like this. You will give them ideas... Given what they did with bears, it is just a matter of time before they release a DLC that puts Boo in Lemmiwinks' shoes.
  3. Alex

Decline Cult of the Lamb - Explicit satanist propaganda aimed at children, now with literal furry kids sex

"Real Satanism" is merely that which seeks out of hatred to stop Christianity. Whether it is born out of a love for occult and the devil or a contempt for the idea of something not material, or whatever else you may find, that is all that something needs to be to be called, correctly, satanic...
  4. Alex

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: 2FA NOW MANDATORY - YOU DON'T NEED A PHONE NUMBER FFS

For some weird reason, it seems this 2FA silliness causes annoyances every month.
  5. Alex

Decline Cult of the Lamb - Explicit satanist propaganda aimed at children, now with literal furry kids sex

I would point out to you that this game is mocking Christianity by trying to mix the idea of the Spotless Lamb, Jesus Christ, with some weird satanic cult. And that is satanic enough, saying you love satan or something like that is hardly the point of satanism... But, of course, edgy aesthetics...
  6. Alex

Right to Mod or Cheat Act?

Companies nowadays seem very keen in selling services because that means they don't have to give the user anything he really owns. In a way, I suppose, it is similar to that "you will own nothing and be happy" slogan. Owning a piece of software should entitle you to modify or tinker with it...
  7. Alex

Cool ideas you have for systems in RPGs

Luj, if you are being serious, these ideas exist in some form for a while. The first idea is a bit weird to implement like this. Levelling is not aging (unless you are a dragon or something). Having mental stats increase with age was present in AD&D 2e. Probably earlier as well. The second...
  8. Alex

Why couldn't Obsidian make a commercially successful isometric RPG like Larian?

They are synonyms. Might is not even implied to be more abstract than the word strength, and since there is the Might & Magic series of games, it has been used as a synonym in CRPGs as well. But all that is actually easy to ignore if the word "might" here was referring to a concrete idea, even...
  9. Alex

Why couldn't Obsidian make a commercially successful isometric RPG like Larian?

Maybe, but nowhere near as stupid as a system designer making strength increase healing amount.
  10. Alex

2003 called, it wants its memes back (the great emotes reform thread)

How silly! Everyone knows the blue goop wouldn't have the shape of the knife, just its rifling marks.
  11. Alex

Bringing D&D/AD&D campaign settings to life with Stable Diffusion

Maybe, but a cool lizard man in shades is actually much better than Will Smith.
  12. Alex

Bringing D&D/AD&D campaign settings to life with Stable Diffusion

The disease are the elves, aren't they?
  13. Alex

Crispy™ Bug With The Notifications When Moving Posts

I think the bug is getting worse. This post: was moved and I didn't even get a notification.
  14. Alex

Crispy™ Bug With The Notifications When Moving Posts

Hello everyone! Recently, some of my posts in the Caves of Qud thread got moved to a different thread. I wanted to let you guys know the notification has a bug. I got a notification that said: As you can see, there is some kind of bug where the reason states: "you fuckin' weirdos" instead of...
  15. Alex

Soul vs Soulless in video games

Ego latinus macairos.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom