Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Alkarl

1. Alkarl

Might and Magic The Might and Magic Discussion Thread

My vote really hasn't changed: 1. Mandate of Heaven The game I had the most moment to moment fun playing. Goofy portraits, ridiculous paperdolls, silly quests. Gameplay could still be challenging and engaging. 2. Might and Magic I just adore these older games that toss you in head first. The...
  2. Alkarl

From Software It's another Demon's Souls thread god damnit

Bluepoint logo has me intrigued, but if Miyazaki isn't involved forget it. I've been fantasizing about a 3 way scraping spear gank since 2016. And if I can't rock up to Old Monk with more than 4 other motherfuckers, what's the point? Speaking of points, it isn't even a Souls game anymore unless...
  3. Alkarl

From Software The Dark Souls Discussion Thread

Yeah, true. Like I said, I really wish they had kept working at this idea. Resetting everyones WT to a default was a really dumb idea on FROM's part. Rose-tinted glasses I guess.
  4. Alkarl

I think it's pretty brilliant. I know the actual ENGAGEMENT of pvp in Demon's wasn't much better than most other Souls, but it's everything else around it. The world and character tendency system was great, it made the online interactions more than just skin deep. Kill enough BP in your world...
  5. Alkarl

The pvp in these games, excluding Demon's Souls, never gave me the impression it was little more than tacked on. I don't really think they consider balance, they seem to nerf what is popular and buff other things almost at random. Despite this, there are a few things in each game that still...
  6. Alkarl

From Software Dark Souls 3

And then I killed them in one hit. lol
  7. Alkarl

I'll give you the pvp points for sure. I tried some SS spam there and I got a couple people (must have been casul) but eventually I started trying other weapons and parrying feels so great in this games pvp. Roll catching is pretty easy too once you realize what needs done. If they hadn't shat...
  8. Alkarl

That was just a joke man. I've rolled Greataxe, Great club, SS, and Twin blades. Their fine, but they aren't as good as just plain old SS R1 spam. That greataxe is a boss killer though. Dominant strategy is still dominant strategy, and the contrast still exists, try that shit in Demon's or Dark...
  9. Alkarl

You might wanna check again mate.
  10. Alkarl

Alright, I finally played this pile of shit. Very disappointed, this game was boring ass fuck. Not even challenging after I realized they just crammed it in the Bloodborne engine. More like Prepare to Roll then Spam R1 Edition. So glad I got the GOTY for $20. If I had spent more I would have...
  11. Alkarl

How about another RPG Codex Top 70 RPGs poll?

No, surely that isn't what is discussed most around here, the most monacled of crpg forums. :lol: All jokes aside, I am genuinely curious.
  12. Alkarl

How about another RPG Codex Top 70 RPGs poll?

In addition to the normal top 70, how about another based purely on thread name sorted by reply count. That could be ..interesting.
  13. Alkarl

Why has development cycle grown so much and games are worse then ever?

I was under the impression we were talking about dev studios, not publishers. Regardless, I concede your point.
  14. Alkarl

"Several major titles a year", wot? Are you getting them mixed up with Ubisoft?
  15. Alkarl

I think this is the biggest takeaway here. If you really think about it, AAA only accounts for a handful of large studios, but they certainly have the throughput of maybe a whole factor of the number there actually are, making them seem more numerous. In that regard, I wouldn't even count...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom