Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by alphyna

1. alphyna

KickStarter Pathologic 2 (AKA Pathologic remake)

Personally, I'd love to see a modern Void with better visuals and great boss fights... you know, Shadow of the Colossus-style. But I doubt it'll happen. The Void itself is already a remake/remix of the original game, which was Russian-only and called Tension (I believe). Remaking a remake seems...
  2. alphyna

This is quite a bold assumption to make.
  3. alphyna

What is the blessed place where people even care about Ice-Pick rumors? Is it /vg/ or something? Anyway, this is the first time I'm seeing anything of the kind. No, that's not true at all. As you can probably tell by the delay, management has never been our strongest suit (hopefully the...
  4. alphyna

This is correct. The "2" is just a cosmetic change. Basically, there's been too many Pathologics (the original Mor. Utopia, the international release, the Classic HD remaster, the Marble Nest demo), so we figure out we need to emphasize the fact that this is the latest installment. It's still...
  5. alphyna

Editorial RPG Codex Report: Gamescom 2016 - Pathologic, Shock Tactics, End State, Demons Age and more

[laughs] [LAUGHS] [L A U G H S] Holy crap, I laugh a lot. ...And also know a thing or two about lame pandering, huh? Nevertheless, the interview ended up being brilliant—thank you! I don't think I've ever laughed so hard reading an interview of ours.
  6. alphyna

Community The Age of Incline: RPG Codex's 2012-2016 GOTY Results

It's mind-blowing how unsurprising the results are. (A great analysis though, please do more statistics of any kind.)
  7. alphyna

Game News Torment Kickstarter Update #63: A Look Back on Development (McComb on cut content)

I didn't, but tastes differ. I reserve any judgement until the release.
  8. alphyna

Game News Torment Kickstarter Update #63: A Look Back on Development (McComb on cut content)

Hooo boy. I wonder how the situation unfolds. TToN seems like a relatively well-anticipated game. Will this stain mar its reputation strongly enough for the hype to wobble? Will the game be good enough for everyone to forgive and forget? Gotta get my popcorn. If anything, it was worth it for...
  9. alphyna

Editorial RPG Codex Editorial: Darth Roxor on the State of RPG Writing

Fair enough, "atrocious" was an exaggeration on my part. I apologize to everyone who was offended by this atrocious hyperbole. Personally, I don't. Like I mentioned, I think it has to do with games as a medium—well-suited for, for the lack of a better word, "wide" experiences: the ones that...
  10. alphyna

Stainless Veteran, it's very encouraging to see that people on an Internet forum are willing to fight to the death over Tolstoy's writing abilities. Truly, we live in the age of intellectualism. :salute:
  11. alphyna

Unlike Tolstoy, on Dostoyevsky I can find you a ton of quotes calling him shit with various degrees of politeness—starting from Nabokov and Tolstoy himself, so you are definitely not alone in this opinion.
  12. alphyna

No, of course I can't. Literary analysts do not analyze texts to determine whether they're shit or not; this is not an academic field of inquiry. However, I've come across this opinion (being held as personal) among educated people often enough to believe that it has some grounds. I concede that...
  13. alphyna

You make a great point, actually, especially since modern theatre so often invites audience interaction. I also agree with the specific points you're making. However, the crucial difference to me is that a medium-sized CRPG has much, much more content than a medium-sized play—and it does become...
  14. alphyna

What are you even doing on the Internet
  15. alphyna

Oh, I agree completely. Whereas most RPGs are like novels, I take the Souls series as poetry (strong imagery loosely connected by archetype-based plots at best and simply being expressionist at its least coherent). The thing is, recently I've come to believe that games as a medium are actually...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom