Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by and 8 others

1. Magic the Gathering Arena

The shadow in that image Thank god it's not marketing material.
  2. World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming Fall 2024

It reminds me eerily of one of the Massive Attack songs from the Mezzanine album, Angel maybe?
  3. Chess

Indeed, congrats to Ding. I can't help but feel bad for Nepo though. He's won the candidates tournament twice, gone through the brutal prep for the world championship twice, only to lose in the tiebreak on his 2nd attempt, after a very close match. When he lost I suddenly realised I was hoping...
  4. Incline Hellish Quart - 17th century historical dueling game with physics based combat

Damn straight, that game was amazing. The freedom to run around, throw knives or earth in the opponent's eyes, the blocking and parrying mechanisms. From what I've seen so far of Hellish Quart, the fight mechanics look great, but it seems there will be no freedom to roam the battlefield as in...
  5. Games you spent LOTS of time with, yet did not finish

Same, I've spent countless hours on Civ 4, yet only finished one game because I forced myself to.
  6. Chess

So, is Hans Niemann cheating (and if so, how?) or did he just bloom late, and his rise in chess skills is genuine.
  7. Decline What controller do you nerds use?

I just bought a PS5 Dualsense controller today. It worked automatically with Steam, and the Bluetooth connection with my laptop was fine.
  8. Dafuq is this?

Never used any slurs either, at least that I can recall. I might have replied to a post that contained slurs, however.
  9. Far Cry 6 - soap opera continues, this time in Cuba

Impressive, they get 9/10 scores and ringing endorsements from "Checkpoint Gaming" and "Wellplayed"
  10. Vapourware Twinsen's Little Big Adventure - reboot from original creators

Loved the first one, and its soundtrack:
  11. Arcanum and Morrowind are still unsurpassed

Nope I disagree. To me Morrowind is full of vivid memories and interesting interactions. A woman I meet in the wilderness asks me to find her ring in a pond. As I dive into the pond to find the ring I suddenly get pelted with arrows. I come out of the pond confused, can't spot who is shooting...
  12. KickStarter Solasta: Crown of the Magister Thread - now with Palace of Ice sequel DLC

+2 to hit and damage, AND it's magical, and therefore bypasses the slashing resistance that many enemies have. That sword is worth way more than the quest reward.
  13. KickStarter Solasta: Crown of the Magister Thread - now with Palace of Ice sequel DLC

After seeing the paltry reward for the lowlife quest, and the dearth of magical items, I decided to keep the +2 sword instead. It's been wonderful on my fighter.
  14. Official Codex Chess Tournament

Signed up on the chess.com group started by Country_Gravy, but given the choice would prefer lichess.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom