Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by asongforsimeon

1. Warlock Master of the Arcane - Fantasy Civ5 clone from Paradox

soeaking of dlc, artifacts are cool, if wildly unbalanced
  2. Firaxis making next Xcom

well, to be fair it's not like you could ask a great many things out of the new xcom. For good or bad, the game has enough content, the tech tree is comparable to the old one, there is some variaton in missions... yeah things like better air combat and alien base assaults, but it would still be...
  3. Point of Attack 2

same here. I like complex wargames just as the next guy, but when they get too stylized they become boring. I need to smell the napalm in the morning.
  4. Grand Strategy No worlds left to conquer: What do?

really no point in playing endgame paradox titles.
  5. Let's play Zafehouse Diaries!

got this one on Desura, but never been in the mood of playing it. Thaks for the LP.
  6. Warcraft 3 normal or hard?

Thanks bro.
  7. The Worlds of Magic Thread - It's out... sorta

there are boar riders and axe lords, so I assumed stereotypical dwarves.
  8. Decline So, amateur game designers and difficulty...

While it's true that difficulty is generally lower in modern gaming, an obvious consequence of a much larger player base, I think that old gamers' perception in somewhat biased. I remembered Dune II as fiendishly difficult, because when I played it I was a small kid. But for the 28 years-old me...
  9. The Worlds of Magic Thread - It's out... sorta

Dwarf Wizard seems really strange on the surface. Isn't some sort of runemage more fitting? But all in all, this looks good. Fallen Enchantress didn't really filled my appetite for fantasy 4X, so keep up the good work, I say.
  10. Warcraft 3 normal or hard?

This looks sweet indeed. Dinosaur-riding orcs FTW. Hoping for a GOG release.
  11. Rulers of Nations Geopolitical Simulator

Yes, but Superpower is a joke, Supreme Ruler is too lacking on internal politics to be compared and Democracy is a cool gimmicky little game, but not really a geopolitical simulator. I would say Cyber Judas is the most close comparison.
  12. Rulers of Nations Geopolitical Simulator

Think like this: you live in a shit town with no car and no internet, and there is just one somewhat ugly girl. Is it worth it? GPS and iterations are really unrefined games, lots of options but all seems skrewed, your country is prone to fall to anarchy for a public healt care spending cut, the...
  13. Firaxis making next Xcom

I concur. Never understood why developers think is a good idea to try and push strategy gaming down the throat of consoletards. It's like trying to sell neuroscience journal subscriptions at a hell's angels meeting. All options that are present in Firaxis' XCOM. Really, what game have you...
  14. Firaxis making next Xcom

I must repeat myself. How many sound ways of handling three armed hostiles firmly in cover you know? You can't simply waltz out of cover without suppressing them. And I'm pretty sure there are granades and snipers with spotters in Firaxis's XCOM. And explosives that make alien technology...
  15. Impire (Dungeon Keeper clone)

Didn't you see the emoticon? I was just joking (kinda jokingly justifying myself, to be precise).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom