Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Assisted Living Godzilla

1. Assisted Living Godzilla

Baldur's Gate Larian is moving away from D&D, no BG3 DLC or BG4

No, by the late ‘90s PC gaming was not an adult market. The PC market was also not dominated by Baldur's Gate and Diablo the year they came out. Baldur’s Gate wasn’t even in the PC Top 20 sellers of 1998. Here’s a quote from a 1999 article looking at the best selling PC games of 1998 And...
  2. Assisted Living Godzilla

I’d say most did. Just like most kids under the age of 13 get to watch PG-13 movies, and most kids get to watch R rated movies long before they’re 17. Even the one kid I knew whose parents wouldn’t let him watch Pg-13 movies before he was 13 had parents that didn’t seem to give a fuck about...
  3. Assisted Living Godzilla

I think your missing the point. Look, Baldur’s Gate found success in its niche. And yes, there were even smaller games that were hoping to reach the minor heights of Baldur’s Gate, (in a market where 50,000 was good, Baldur’s Gate was doing exceptionally well) but that doesn’t mean Baldur’s Gate...
  4. Assisted Living Godzilla

Baldur's Gate So... Which Studio Should Replace Larian As The Developer of Baldur's Gate 4?

I’d kind of just expect a Baldur’s Gate 4 to be set up as some scenario you can get in D&D digital to help push their upcoming D&D digital platform.
  5. Assisted Living Godzilla

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Resident Evil 4 Remake – $29.99 – 25% Off Resident Evil Village -- $15.99 -- 60% Off Resident Evil 3 Remake -- $9.99 -- 75% Off Resident Evil 2 Remake -- $9.99 -- 75% Off Resident Evil 7 --$7.99 -- 60% Off Resident Evil 0 -- $4.99 -- 75% Off Resident Evil Revelations 2 -- $1.49 -- 75% Off...
  6. Assisted Living Godzilla

But this is a site specifically catering to CRPG fans, and even more specifically fans of CRPGs from that Interplay and Trokia era of CRPGs from the late ‘90s and early 2000s. Everyone here is gonna know what those BioWare Baldur's Gate games are, and I’d expect most people here have even played...
  7. Assisted Living Godzilla

It’s hilarious that you think kids didn’t play M rated games. Doom, or at least some version of it, (probably Final Doom) used to be set up on computers at Walmart in those years they used to do that. I think that ended sometime in the early 2000s when PC sales started to decline, I do remember...
  8. Assisted Living Godzilla

You don’t personally know anyone that played Diablo on PSX, or you’ve never heard of anyone playing it on the PSX? Because I’ve seen a few people on this forum say they played it on the PSX over the years. And how many people did you personally know back in the ‘90s that played Diablo and...
  9. Assisted Living Godzilla

Diablo was also a console game, it was bought by movie rental places like Blockbuster and Hollywood Video in ‘98, and those copies that they bought were rented out to many other people for a few years. You can’t really make a direct comparison to the number of people that would’ve played them...
  10. Assisted Living Godzilla

Your Diablo point makes no sense since Diablo is not just the one Diablo game. Diablo as a series, by the early 2000s, was not in the same bracket as BioWare’s Baldur’s Gate series. Diablo 2 is a thing, it came out in the year 2000, it sold 2 million copies in one and a half months. In 2001...
  11. Assisted Living Godzilla

It should probably be remembered that we don’t know how much Divinity Original Sin 2 sold. The 7.5 million figure isn’t an exact figure, it’s an estimate that comes from Swen Vincke saying: “I want to say, but I'm not sure if it's true, that DOS2 sold three times DOS1. 'Many millions' is the...
  12. Assisted Living Godzilla

Yeah, the same could be said about Fallout before Fallout 3. And I wouldn’t argue against it... because it’d be right. Fallout 3 doing as well as it did had jack fucking shit to do with Fallout before Fallout 3, and had everything to do with it being Bethesda’s next game. I love Fallout, the...
  13. Assisted Living Godzilla

What point do you think that quote is making that you put there? Knights of the Old Republic came out in 2003. Making adjustments to how combat worked after an E3 2002 showing because people were seemingly having a hard time understanding what BioWare were trying to go for is not any indication...
  14. Assisted Living Godzilla

Eventually. Those are lifetime sales numbers. It also feels like you’re missing some of your own post there. Diablo 2 came out in 2000. Diablo 2 sold 2 million in a month and a half. You can’t compare the Diablo and Baldur’s Gate series, especially pre Baldur’s Gate 2. Maybe you kind of could...
  15. Assisted Living Godzilla

BioWare’s problem is they suffer from a special kind of mental retardant found in 1990s PC developers that moved onto consoles, which makes them think things they’d done previously just won’t work anymore in the new console space, even when they have evidence to the contrary on their line of...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom