Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Athelas

1. Athelas

Rockstar games

It's kind of hard not to have polish when your game has more than a 1000 people working on it for 5+ years and your open world isn't even persistent or seamless (e.g. story missions still run in a separate instance of the game world, and result in an instant game over as soon as you go the...
  2. Athelas

Game News Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter Update #41: Split Screen, Skill & Rune Crafting, Sourcery

Translation: I didn't write any of the dialogue for that particular undead character, someone else took the backstory and wrote the dialogue for it. I look forward to D:OS 2 getting rave reviews for its writing regardless because of the Avellone placebo effect. :cool:
  3. Athelas

Beamdog working on a new D&D CRPG (cancelled)

That trickster character looks exactly like the description of Baphomet (who is worshipped by minotaurs) from a 4th edition supplement. Considering the other piece of concept art is of a minotaur, that can't be a coincidence. I've uncovered the storyline for Beamdog's next game: Baphomet's...
  4. Athelas

Torment Beamdog's Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition

Nah, it plays, just the companion themes don't seem to play when you talk to them. Incidentally, I also watched someone play through the Fortress of Regrets. The cutscenes don't seem to pause the game, so TNO kept dying while the cutscenes of the companions were playing because shadows walked...
  5. Athelas

Torment Beamdog's Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition

So has anyone played this and spotted any changes to the writing? I watched a bit of someone's playthrough on YouTube and Beamdog seem to have disabled the character-specific themes that play when you talk to a companion, or during other appropriate moments (e.g. when the game starts and you...
  6. Athelas

Anime Does Ocarina of Time get better?

Oblivion? Daggerfall came out more than two years before Ocarina of Time and had those features. From what I remember, Ocarina of Time was basically A Link to the Past in 3D form (time travel being its version of the dark world). Which is both a good and a bad thing. The good thing is that it...
  7. Athelas

inXile General Discussion Thread

I guess Fargo isn't retiring just yet? Does this mean any future topics about InXile's games will be moved to the jRPG weeaboo forum?
  8. Athelas

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Thread

Yes, I'm sure the brief period of post-launch support had nothing to do with the game commercially underperforming to such a degree that its sales couldn't justify allocating more budget to future patches, no matter how much they were needed.
  9. Athelas

T:ToN's perceived lack of polish in certain areas (combat speed, interface, etc.) has been one of the focal points of criticism.
  10. Athelas

:prosper: PS:T was pretty pulpy.
  11. Athelas

How to Write the Perfect Villain

This isn't a good thing. Having the villain repeatedly show up raises the typical issue of why the heroes don't finish the villain of or why the villain lets the heroes escape (depending on what happens during those encounters), and other issues relating to the villains' and the heroes'...
  12. Athelas

Sword Legacy: Omen - turn-based tactical RPG set in "candlepunk realm of Broken Britannia"

Ah, candlepunk, one of my favorite choice of settings right behind gorillapunk and tuberculosispunk. I think I spotted an action point system in the brief bits of combat shown in the video. The art style and interface design look suspiciously like Banner Saga, is this using the same 'engine'?
  13. Athelas

Arkane Dishonored 2 - Emily and Corvo's Serkonan Vacation

Do you seriously think the developers of an AAA game are going to draw heavy comparisons with a relatively unknown, poorly-selling series that was dead for over a decade and was then briefly revived to disastrous effect? Every interview I've seen about Dishonored's influences either doesn't...
  14. Athelas

Preview Bard's Tale IV Preview at PC Gamer

Isn't that how a number of dungeon crawlers handle combat? Albion, Realms of Arkania and Betrayal at Krondor come to mind. I don't remember that from Final Fantasy Tactics... Something tells me this article is going to be edited once somebody realizes their mistake.
  15. Athelas

94,963 backers as of 31 october 2016. Maybe it was never going to sell very well, and PS:T being such a cult classic made a disproportionate amount of passionate fans back the Kickstarter, making InXile set unrealistic sales expectations. I guess we'll have more perspective once the second wave...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom