Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Au Ellai

1. Au Ellai

Community RPG Codex Top 55 JRPGs

I'm just happy to see a community that recognizes the beauty of Dragon Quarter. My fav jrpg.
  2. Au Ellai

Star Wars Why I fell out of love with KOTOR

I feel ahead of the curve in that I pretty much felt this way about KOTOR when it came out. I was in high school when Baldur's Gate 1/2, Fallout1/2, PS:T, etc came out, so my expectations for Bioware were pretty high after the Black Isle split, and KOTOR was hyped pretty big as the next HUGE RPG...
  3. Au Ellai

Community RPG Codex GOTY 2020: Results & Cool Graphs

All the arguments about Felipe not using games x and y seemed to not matter since apparently 80% of the codex only played the "big" games (literally only 3) while all the actual great rpg's released (Horizon's Gate, for example) were only played by a small minority. I'm a bit flumoxed that so...
  4. Au Ellai

What RPG(s) do you really like but are too ashamed to admit on the Codex?

Not only is Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter one of my favorite rpgs, but I firmly believe it is one of the best and most beautifully designed games of all time, with nearly every aspect of its design being near-perfection.
  5. Au Ellai

The Limit Break - new RPG column by Kat Bailey at Rock Paper Shotgun

We seriously shilling the most retarded of retarded websites to ever exist now? RPS is cancer on cancer. Nothing they say, have said, or will ever say in the future is worthy of having a single word read by anyone with a functioning brain, let alone worthy of being shared on a forum.
  6. Au Ellai

Game News Baldur's Gate 3 Community Update #6: Multiplayer & Cinematics

Considering anyone with a reasonable reading speed can read the entire sentence before the character has spoken 3 words, spending all this time making dialogue "cinematic" when the bulk of players are just going to mash spacebar every 4 or 5 words to skip to the next chunk of dialogue is...
  7. Au Ellai

Game News The Necromancer's Tale is an upcoming narrative RPG about a young noble's descent into darkness

This could be pretty cool. I remember the deeply-flawed Ultima 8 had some pretty cool flashes of brilliance and potential with the various spell schools having systems that required performing rituals and such and had more player involvement than memorize->cast. The necromancy school if I...
  8. Au Ellai

Interview Colony Ship Interview at RPGWatch

I've always been against difficulty settings, I figure a game should be played at the difficulty the developer intended and that's that, but I've never quite thought about this angle before, and I think I'm changing my mind a bit as this makes total sense. It's console faggotry, but the Final...
  9. Au Ellai

Codex Review RPG Codex Review: Horizon's Gate

This game was pretty neat, but since I approached it as a fan of Uncharted Waters 2: New Horizons (a very clear inspiration, lots of the sea stuff was lifted wholesale from it), I felt slightly let down and overall I think trying to effectively combine two games into one ultimately hurt both...
  10. Au Ellai

X-COM OpenXcom Thread

As annoyed as I've been with Hobbes for packing up his toys and going home, kicking down everything else in the playroom on the way out like a spoiled little brat, this outcome alone might have made his outburst worthy of forgiveness. There were never enemies in those caves anyways until the one...
  11. Au Ellai

Pathfinder Why Owlcat's Kingmaker Sucks, in Plain Language

It's as good as it could be for the flawed RTwP system. Could be better, but could be much worse. True. Mods make it more tolerable, but it was a pretty poor implementation all-around. Just about every RPG out there does this to some extent. Not even worth mentioning as a negative unless it's...
  12. Au Ellai

Game News Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous gets first screenshots, Kickstarter on February 4th

The kingdom management had some shoddy implementation, but overall the idea was sound. It was a good way to make the game's time limits work and mean something with some actual gameplay related choice and consequence over the usual "choice and consequence" obsidian/bioware style binary dialogue...
  13. Au Ellai

What game are you wasting time on?

The Sierra adventure games had a lot of bullshit like that. They always ended up as "click all the items on all the pixels on all the screens" and just hope something happened to put your score up. Lucas arts was so far ahead of the competition it's insane. I finally got around to playing...
  14. Au Ellai

KickStarter Phoenix Point - the new game from X-COM creator Julian Gollop

Of course the RPS derps whine that there are tactical options instead of such a limited amount of choices that it may as well be a CYOA game. "There are more options than shoot, run and gun, and pick one mission out of 3! Look at all this progress that was undone by giving the player options and...
  15. Au Ellai

The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition - Obsidian's first-person sci-fi RPG set in a corporate space colony

Out of 30 hair options for female characters, only one reaches down to even the shoulders. So, yup. It's like the game was made by that one guy in that Lexx episode who was kidnapping the women and turning them into ugly ones because he thought he was freeing them from Patriarchal concerns in...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom