Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
Bad Sector
Reactions
517 4,017 1 76 30 31

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Genuine question: why make a game engine? you could have just used an existing one? or I misunderstood your project, had to edit this because some retard assumed I was making fun of you, I'm genuinely just curious
    Bad Sector
    Bad Sector
    I like writing my own tech, so that'd be mainly because i find it fun.

There are some practical benefits too - e.g. ease of use for me is a primary concern - but TBH the main reason is that i like write engine code and sadly these days with many AA (and even some AAA) studios using or switching to Unreal or Unity there are very few chances to work on custom tech.
    TheCumGuzzler
    TheCumGuzzler
    Interesting, I really respect anyone who goes out there and makes something of their own despite easier options being available, keep going at it! (not like you'd need my encouragement anyway)
    "Some years ago, late 2009, i bought a brand new iMac 21.5""

No!!!
    Bad Sector
    Bad Sector
    Jobs' reality distortion field affects even the best of us :-P.

Too bad macOS went rapidly downhill after he died.
    Bad sector? Run a defrag.
    Bad Sector
    Bad Sector
    Wont work, you need a scandisk to mark the cluster as bad and hope you are lucky enough for the bad sector not to spread :-P
    Hello good Sir! I created a post about how to get Teudogar running under Windows 10 and someone pointed your solution with dgvoodoo2 out to me. However, I think I'm doing something wrong, the game loads and starts, but many tiles are white and there is a major fps drop and sluggishness when attempting to play. Could you describe the individual steps you followed to get it running?
    Bad Sector
    Bad Sector
    Is the "Fast video memory access" box checked in the "DirectX" tab? I had the white graphics issue with it unchecked. Also make sure that you are editing the proper "Config folder" from the combobox at the top of the window (dgVoodoo2 control panel seems to create two of them... if unsure just set the same settings in both files).
    Lord Edelweiss
    Lord Edelweiss
    You are my hero! It was the combobox thing, I was editing the wrong directory all the time. It's still "laggy" but no more white graphics. Does it get better over time? Your video seemed to be pretty smooth.
    Bad Sector
    Bad Sector
    No, it was laggy on me too, but i noticed that the lag mostly happens when the mouse cursor moves over things so i used the arrows to move around.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom