Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by barghwata

1. barghwata

Seriously, how is Witcher 3 ranked higher than Age of Decadence in the Codex ranking?

A better question, why is Age of decadence in the codex top ranking to begin with?
  2. barghwata

Arcanum vs Baldur's Gate 2 - Which is better and why? Discuss!!!1

I am offended by the very existence of this thread. :killitwithfire:
  3. barghwata

why do so many people here hate modern games ?

Because blindly shitting on everything new and worshipping everything old makes codexers feel special, smarter then everyone else, also nostalgia obviously. Then again just like a broken clock can be correct two times a day, they can be justified in their hatred of some modern games, dragon age...
  4. barghwata

KickStarter Gamedec - Definitive Edition - cyberpunk detective RPG set in virtual worlds

Do it, it's so bad it will make you appreciate Disco.
  5. barghwata

Gothic What is the most overrated cRPG on the codex?

Yes, C&C in video games is obviously going to be limited, in the same way that combat systems in crpgs are always going to be mere abstract imitations of the much more interactive and involving combat experiences you'll find in tabletop, that doesn't mean they're bad games or that they can't be...
  6. barghwata

Can you not make the same argument for combat focused CRPGs? tabletop allows you to approach combat in any manner you want with alot of freedom as long as the GM is willing to go along with what you want to do, as opposed to CRPGs where combat systems are generally abstract and limited, plus...
  7. barghwata

Judging from the codex's top 100, i would say the most overrated ones are Age of Decadence and Morrowind. One is basically a text adventure game with a tacked on and shallow combat system, and the other is, well.......a bethesda game.......
  8. barghwata

Kodex GOTY 2021

That's revisionism, just a few years earlier things were alot better, there would be 3 to four worthwhile rpgs if not more. i mean just look at 2018 for example: and then look at 2020, 2 Jrpgs and an RTS lol as for 2019, the codex didn't even reach a consensus if the GOTY is an rpg or...
  9. barghwata

Kodex GOTY 2021

Well i personally don't care much for gayfinder but i guess that's just my opinion. Still.... one decent game is hardly proof that the industry is doing "fine".
  10. barghwata

Kodex GOTY 2021

The fact that a gothic mod made by some random poles is by far the best game in this list, reveals the sad state that the industry is currently in.
  11. barghwata

Someone is remaking Arcanum in Morrowind...

why the fuck out of all games you can remake arcanum into, you would choose a game that has an engine that's equally as bad. :what:
  12. barghwata

ive hit 30 and became a storyfag/normie/pleb, confessions of a munchkin

Imagine playing RPGs for mechanics lol, one of the most mechanically weak and shallow gaming genres, right up there behind visual novels and clickers , go play tactical games, grand strategy, competitive multiplayer games etc.... any of these are bound to have infinitely more mechanical depth...
  13. barghwata

Decline RPGs that you regret finishing

I am probably one of the few people that actually managed to finish Pillars of Eternity and it was the worst thing i've ever done, I wouldn't even force my worst enemy to play through that pile of soulless garbage. And what makes it worst is that the ending of the game was obviously copying and...
  14. barghwata

ive hit 30 and became a storyfag/normie/pleb, confessions of a munchkin

I would say it's more of an explorafag game, but yeah it does have a good story.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom