Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Bio Force Ape

1. Bio Force Ape

Incline The City of Heroes Thread

I've got a couple Masterminds and they are pretty good for soloing. Just finished a crazy mission where I had to fend off like 100 enemies from attacking a TV station. I just ran my guy around in circles while my 3 pets killed everything. No way would I have survived that with a Stalker.
  2. Bio Force Ape

Incline The City of Heroes Thread

Just downloaded and I'm kinda mad I can't make a guy with a gorilla head and camo outfit named "Gorilla Warfare." WTF this game sucks. Uninstalling.
  3. Bio Force Ape

So I played Earthbound...and I found it to be terrible

All JRPGs are pure faggotry. Anyone who even considers playing an RPG where all the characters are chubby little toddlers in schoolboy outfits is a pedophile.
  4. Bio Force Ape

What's an RPG praised by the Codex that you're reluctant to try?

The Witcher series. An important aspect of RPGs for me is being able to make my own character. I hate being forced to play a set character, even if I have minor choices like swords, magic or swords and magic? And, yes, I'll say the same about Planescape: Torment. I just don't want to be forced...
  5. Bio Force Ape

Fluent Plays Wizardry 8

Psi also has Eye for an Eye, which reflects spells back at enemies. Absolutely awesome in late game when armies of enemies are launching insta-death spells at you. Gadgeteer can make a magic mirror thing which has the same effect, but it has limited charges.
  6. Bio Force Ape

Fluent Plays Wizardry 8

The insta-kill classes are probably worth it in the long run, but it is a long run. Rangers can insta-kill with bows and it's just awesome when it happens. Some of the really high HP stuff you fight near the end can get popped by a single arrow. When you're facing your tenth big rock golem guy...
  7. Bio Force Ape

Fluent Plays Wizardry 8

Bard and Gadgeteer are fun but not necessary. A mage and priest are fairly solid, if a little boring. They'll spend much of their time just buffing/healing the rest of the party. Those same buff/heal spells can come from other classes, but it's just easier (especially your first time) to get...
  8. Bio Force Ape

Incline The Second Video Game Crash.

The so-called crash of 1983 lasted, what, a year or two? By 1986 Nintendo was going strong with Metroid, Legend of Zelda, et. al. Remember Zelda? Yeah, what a flop! OMG how will the industry ever recover?! People like to create compelling stories out of history. They love the E.T. thing. The...
  9. Bio Force Ape

What game are you wasting time on?

Don't kill them, enslave them. Use blunt weapons to knock them out. Enslave them. Sell them. Profit.
  10. Bio Force Ape

Memory Lane - Which were your first games on the PC?

Never get out of the fuckin' boat, man!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom