Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Bitcher1

1. Anime Games where you can be a slaver

The latest one, To Each His Own, does as well, apparently. It seems high seas it is for me, then!
  2. Anime Games where you can be a slaver

As long as you can do it on an industrial scale, sure why not
  3. Anime Games where you can be a slaver

Could you elaborate? I recall coming across slaves in (among other places) smuggler's dens, but I don't recall being able to interact with them in any way beyond freeing them, certainly not being able to take ownership of them and selling them off. Or does it work another way in MW?
  4. Anime Games where you can be a slaver

...other than Fallout 2, that is. I got an itch to play as a an utter dreg of humanity and sow misery for fun & profit, so I figured that getting into the venerable and time-honored industry of slave trade would scratch that itch. Unfortunately, aside from F2 I can only dimly recall one of the...
  5. Starpoint Gemini 3 - now a "full-blown space RPG"

Storyline linear or branching? Will the game offer the player any degree of freedom of association?
  6. KickStarter Underworld Ascendant Pre-Release Thread

So by basically all accounts this seems like a spiritual successor to Descent to Undermountain, what with crappy movement, glitches galore, botched physics, laughable NPC models window-dressing RPG elements, and even skeletons featuring as the predominant enemy (as far as I remember). Well...
  7. KickStarter Free Stars: Children of Infinity - upcoming Star Control 2 sequel from Fred Ford's Pistol Shrimp Games - Kickstarter Live

I remember reading previously that Fred & Paul had the documents specifying that they owned the og games' assets. So is the US legal system so fucked that you need to spend $2M to defend your case when you have a clear incontrovertible evidence in your favour? Or were they just lying out their...
  8. Game News System Shock 3 to be published by Starbreeze Studios

So how much of these $12M will be funneled into Underworld Ascendant?
  9. Preview Bard's Tale IV Kickstarter Update #33: Combat System Video

The ui issues and awkward party members' presentation aside, the overall feeling, the ambiance, with all the animations, spell effects, banter, enemy reactions, etc., makes me think of Stonekeep, except done right. If the game maintains this level throughout, I will certainly be impressed.
  10. What are the scariest games you've played?

The opening levels of CoC: Dark Corners of the Earth certainly deserve a mention here, even if the game turns into a rather generic shooter later on. Barricading doors with wardrobes in a desperate attempt to stave off a bloodthirsty mob remains an experience I've yet to see repeated in any...
  11. Game News inXile admit that Torment stretch goal content has been cut, including companions

Do ye guise think it's too late to ask for a refund?
  12. Pillars of Eternity Director's Commentary Streams with Josh Sawyer

Huh, what makes you think that? It was obviously Brother None.
  13. Wasteland Wasteland 2 Thread - Director's Cut

One and I think only instance that comes to my mind would be in Rodia where, before the showdown, you can poison/inebriate each of the 'mini-bosses'. I've also read you get better starting position in random encounters with a high outdoorsman skill, but didn't really experience it myself.
  14. Made a new Gamasutra article: The danger of letting the gaming industry curate its own history

Think that's bad? My relative works at CD Projekt and she (that's right, working on that rape simulator was her dream, talk about internalized misogyny) told me the staff had to start TW3's development by relearning basic stuff, because the majority of devs working on TW2 got the boot right...
  15. Community So long, farewell, Pawel Kaczarewski

Ok now this raises an important question

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom