Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Blacklung

1. Biggest Disappointments

1. Oblivion: For nearly every reason already mentioned. 2. NWN: Ditto 3. STALKER: Sure it leans more toward the FPS side of things, but I was hearing quite a few promises about more C&C, working factions, A-Life, and quests which weren't quite so 'do the same thing over again for more...
  2. Tieflings replace Gnomes as a core race in DnD4

A paladin is indeed a paladin. He's a good holy crusader and upholds laws set by his GOOD deity, no matter the cost. The blackguard is simply the evil version of the paladin. That said, you should also have a class open at level one that is a crusader for neutrality. Yeah yeah, you've got bards...
  3. Teh Orange Box

My big question is whether they are going to actually end the HL series at the end of episode 3 or if they are going to end HL2 and leave it open for a third new gen game. I'm not sure how they could do the latter effectively, but you never know.
  4. Portal

Plus the whole thing with Alyx nearly biting the bullet was pretty early foreshadowing that SOMEBODY GONNA DIE! If someone nearly dies in a movie, book, television show, etc. that is extremely critical to the plot or just plain important, then someone else associated with them should get ready...
  5. In what way Bloodlines feels unfinished?

Tremere is a fun class to play if you really enjoy strolling through bullets. The blood shield mixed with armor of some kind makes you a god damned tank, plus the ability to either dominate people into death or boil their blood is pretty fun. Malkavians are fun, if only because of their wacky...
  6. Official Final Fantasy thread.

That FFIV picture was F'ing awesome times 10. Sadly, I'm already well aware of the chibi looking 3d characters for the remake and the game got fairly boring later in thanks to the grind.
  7. Oldest CRPG you can still tolerate playing

I think 1997 or as far back as 1995 is my limit for rpgs. More than that and the pixelation does kind of get to me. I'm not going to count any of the older jRPG's that started me on the path though, since I can't even bear playing almost any of the new ones.
  8. FFT Replay

Vicious vexing verbosity vanquishes vile venomous voracious adversaries in vengeful vendettas.
  9. Shepard gets more extreme - summary executions!

The bigger question is why there are only two warehouse workers in a warehouse that is full of guards. That makes no sense. Are those two the overtime junkies? Hell, who gives a warehouse workers a gun anyhow? 'Boss, give me a raise or else.'
  10. Shepard gets more extreme - summary executions!

Oh don't get all silly nitpicky on me here. It was merely an example to explain that the calmer person is more likely better trained and more able to handle themselves in a fight. In this case it's a fellow with future army gear with the look of a soldier pointing a gun at two scared warehouse...
  11. Mount & Blade .890 released

No kidding. I had just downloaded the Last of Days mod too...maybe I'll finish my game before I try this...Maybe.
  12. Solution to the German problem

My mother's side of the family has all the Prussian, and most of them are lunatics...My God it all makes sense now! HEIL MEIN FUHRER!
  13. Shepard gets more extreme - summary executions!

I'm still in the mindset that quiet stoic anger or intimidation is more frightening. When I used to take martial arts, the guys who got angry and tried to act tough were easier to control during spars. The masters, however, were always very calm, looking you in the eyes, giving you that...
  14. Unban TNP

I'm glad it's KC doing the patrolling. Despite the fact that his posts in GD tend to hang about a bit, at least they have some humor value. If anything he's always on it seems, especially since I see him on IRC until 3 in the frigging morning (I have an excuse, I work). Still, it is pretty...
  15. Shepard gets more extreme - summary executions!

The eXtremism debate is just silly, so I'll let the sarcastic and the clueless wallow in that mud. The choices seem rather nice though now. Pretty standard for Bioware, but it does seem like there are more consequences tied to what you actually say. No longer does it appear that it's black...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom