Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Blackmill

1. Blackmill

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

I was thinking of weird builds that would wear metal armor and have 7+ CON, but try to maintain some degree of mobility (or even stealth) with Armor Sloping and Sprint, and not sacrifice Grenadier. But I also had in mind melee versatility with enough STR and PER to use all types of guns and have...
  2. Blackmill

As a general question, how high do you think a builds primary combat attribute needs to be? Or rather, at what point is it better to increase some other attribute instead? I'm doing just fine with 14 Will in my current playthrough (feels like more than enough), and looks like the bloodpsican...
  3. Blackmill

Getting towards the end, just finished a few of the tougher fights.
  4. Blackmill

That's how I remember it in the past, but enrage is now 2 turns instead of 4, and the radius for LoC is one tile smaller. I've actually been using LoC with mental breakdown more often. I've also started to use it more as a follow up than as initiation, except in tight quarters where I can't take...
  5. Blackmill

Been playing a Survival Instincts + Psychosis build. Hemopsychosis is really good, especially combined with Last Stand. I was worried these feats would be good in theory, but not in practice. I was wrong. The attribute distribution is rough, needing 10 Will, 9 CON, and 6 INT. I consider...
  6. Blackmill

The psi cost increase from Psychosis doesn't show in the stats screen. It only shows up on the psi ability itself. I'm assuming that advanced psi empathy is the same. For example, a 24% muffled headband, psi beetle brain soup, and psychosis yields a psi cost of 51 for plasma beam (I'm staring...
  7. Blackmill

I'm talking about psi cost.
  8. Blackmill

I can confirm that Absence is a +16% to psi crit chance. Also, here's a small mechanics detail that I just learned. I've found that most items that alter psi cost (i.e. absence, trance, headband, psi beetle brain soup) are additive. On the other hand, feats like Psychosis (and I would assume...
  9. Blackmill

It can work, but you really need to stack all the bonuses, and it kicks in pretty late. I don't think it's great until you have either or Empowered Thought Control, plus all the other bonuses that you'll get earlier on (headband, trance, neural overclocking, cerebral trauma, pickled...
  10. Blackmill

Should there be an NPC that can craft items for the player?

No, like I said, the player that meaningfully invests into crafting would still have much better equipment. There are so many reasons to invest into crafting. Having a few less reasons will not even begin to make those skills irrelevant.
  11. Blackmill

Should there be an NPC that can craft items for the player?

Currently, crafting skills are insanely powerful. Take a Psi user with Psychosis, for instance. A crafted psionic headband with a neural amplifier and an appropriate magnifying filter is likely a 70-90% damage improvement over whatever is the best headband that can be bought or looted. Now...
  12. Blackmill

I think you can. This gets you to 98%. I'm not sure if Absence actually works as the description says, but if it does, that gets you to ~114%. Otherwise, you could reach 103% with a single stack of Psychostatic Electricity. I've always been tempted to do a Survival Instincts Psi build. I...
  13. Blackmill

Classic or Oddity

I mean, I trust that's been your experience, but that's definitely not mine. I've never found myself grinding or wanting to grind in classic mode. But with oddity mode, I've definitely sat in the caves killing hoppers until I got a cave dragon tail. Or killed harmless, non-hostile borers in the...
  14. Blackmill

Classic or Oddity

It would seem that way, except quest experience is much higher in classic mode. Quest EXP up through finding the drill parts gets you to level 6 in classic mode and level 3 in oddity mode. Ignoring trash mobs is more punished in oddity mode, since you're already working with an experience...
  15. Blackmill

Classic or Oddity

I prefer the slower pace of oddity leveling (but not the slower gameplay), and I do think it could be a better system, but I don't understand why so many people like it. Every one here is voting for oddity but no one is saying why. I've played through the Junkyard a few dozen times, I really...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom